Noshing in a nook

Hogwarts and its surrounding grounds.

Noshing in a nook

Postby Hercules Delphine » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:25 am

Herc was still mulling over all that had happened in the past forty-eight hours. He shook the cobwebs from his head as he entered the nook and flopped into an oversized armchair, facing the window. He had snagged an apple and a meat pie from the Great Hall before dipping out and finding an out-of-the-way nook in which to crash. Biting into the crisp green apple, he munched and looked out over the grounds. It was raining... again. Did it rain every damn day in this place? Seemed so, and he found it utterly depressing. He longed for the warm sunshine of the Mediterranean with rays beating down on his bare back and salty waves licking at his legs. He could already tell his sunkissed flesh was fading to paleness. Soon he'd blend right in with these sun-starved northern folk. He sighed, eyed the apple for his next bite and took it. For a castle packed full of students, professors, healers, elves and such... it sure wasn't uncommon to find yourself alone. Would he ever meet anyone before classes started up? Why did mum insist they come before summer break had ended? His blood ran cold, he knew why. His appetite was lost at the memory. There he sat, unseeing eyes gazing forward into the grey midday sky. Wrist balanced on his knee, the apple clenched between his thumb and forefingers. Self reflection... twas all and quite innocent it would seem.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
6/ 6/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1''
PLAYER | idkmybffallie

Re: Noshing in a nook

Postby Amy Grant » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:29 am

Well, this was problematic. There was the nook, the armchair, the window with the right view and lighting for an afternoon of reading. But there was already somebody in it.

There was a balmy drizzle on, early summer rain, the kind of soft fall that made for good alone time and studying. Not that Amy was a loner, by any measure. After Mum had died, Amy she had read extensively about grief and the effects on people, mostly seeking out signs that her sister was acting out. In the process, though, she'd found some guidelines for ideal behaviour. Now, between studying, keeping up her grades, watching out for signs of depression in her sister, and maintaining healthy social relationships, Amy was basically exhausted.

Today was a tired day. It was morning, but she wanted her bed, to snuggle in and sleep to the sounds of rain, and maybe read something not Transfigurations. Except, people who were functional did not stay in bed all day. That was what people who were sick and could not get out of bed did, like her mum had during the illness. So she settled for a compromise. She had told her friends she would be working in the Library, but she took a different book, a Muggle story about and ducked out, for a change.

Gripping her Transfiguration text book, she made her way to a quieter place, where she knew she would not be disturbed, and maybe she could have a few short daydreams and doodlings between reading this horrible chapter. Hogwarts was great that way; if you knew how to, you could disappear safely for a bit, and spend the afternoon with yourself, and Amy knew a few such nooks. There was one, in particular, with a perfectly cosy armchair. Curling into an armchair was better than staying in bed, after all.

Which brought her to her nook, except that it wasn't her nook, and was at the moment occupied by a boy looking at an apple.

"Um," said Amy, surprised and a little annoyed. Now she'd have to find another nook! "Um, who are you?"
Hogwarts
Ravenclaw
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
12/ 6/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0.5"
PLAYER | JJ

Postby Hercules Delphine » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:57 am

The soft voice beckoned him back to present but the drift was a slow one. Inhaling deeply through his nose as his mind reeled in, he focused his eyes and slid them to the source. Before him, a bit off to the side, a girl with dark hair and a haughty air about her. At least that was the initial vibe he was getting. "Um, who are you?" She had the audacity to question him? His eyes raked up and down her form, not meeting her eyes just yet. He was a guy and a as a dude it was his duty to check her out fully. He wished she's turn around, he always liked the way women looked from behind. One could suppose he was an ass man. After a too-long silence, he snorted in an appalled manner. "Who am I? WHO... exactly are you? he said, knowing he had come off exactly as snobbish as he intended.

What did she care anyway. He noted the rather large textbook tucked under her arm. Oh, she was probably looking to study. Aw hell, it was summer! Who studied over break? What a waste of time. Then again, Herc seemed to be a master of wasting precious time since arriving. Nowhere to surf, no sun to drink in. He was choking and dying here. So he had been speeding the process by sneaking off to London and drowning in drink. He had attempted to sort out his meager arsenal of Dark Arts spells but that had ended not as intended. A very strange meeting with the head of the department. At least it was fruitful, he now knew what that vision he had accidentally witnessed was all about. That was settled but in no way put to rest.

So who was this chic to wonder who he was. None of his shit would matter to her. Though he was intrigued. Who in the hell was she? Perhaps a bit of fun? Could a crumpet like this even comprehend fun, or was the extent of her joy cracking a dusty old book. He craned his neck a bit now to meet her gaze and a smile played at one corner of his mouth, his blue eyes alight with mischief. "Names Herc, sweetiepie. And you are...? He lazily flourished his arm to accent his name, as if it were a noble title. Hardly, at least not in this place.
Last edited by idkmybffallie on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
6/ 6/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1''
PLAYER | idkmybffallie

Postby Amy Grant » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Was there something wrong with the apple? It was an abstract thought but Amy did wonder. He was holding it and had apparently taken a bite out of it, but didn't seem engrossed in the process of eating it. That seemed like a more pertinent question, and was indeed the question on her mind, though she changed her query at the last moment to asking who he was. A moment or two later it occurred to her that it may have been better to start with "Hi". Except now he was glaring at her and examining her as she had, a moment or two ago, examined the apple. A look of trepidation settled on Amy's face by the time he brought his eyes back to her face and spoke to reverse the question.

"Who am I? WHO... exactly are you?

Well, okay? He had a chip on his shoulder for some reason, a reason that eluded Amy, especially as he had somehow found her nook and was now occupying it with a certain degree of presumption. "You're in my spot." This was meant as an explanation as to why she was here in the first place. Except, well, she was Amy and that definitely came out a bit huffy.

And he was... smiling. It was cute, but decidedly strange. Considering he'd been all bent out of shape about "who are you", this was strange. "What?" she asked, a bit blunt.

"Names Herc, sweetiepie. And you are...?"

"Amy," she said, flatly, not sure about this 'sweetiepie' business, and moved into the room. He had offered her his hand, but Amy was not too sure about this boy. She had read a lot of introductory psychology in the last few months, and she was beginning to think there was something wrong with him. To be fair, the books did make it difficult to have a conversation with someone without assuming there was something wrong with them. But still. Was there a word for a condition that made you both unnecessarily rude and smile the wrong cues? "Is there something wrong with your apple?" she demanded.
Hogwarts
Ravenclaw
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
12/ 6/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0.5"
PLAYER | JJ

Postby Hercules Delphine » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:40 am

The girl seemed a tad flabbergasted as she blurted the simple word "What?... You're in my spot. at him. His eyebrows raised, enjoying that he could flub her at the start. Then the proffered name... Amy.The tip of his tongue wit his bottom lip, anticipating her true response. He tipped his head a bit to the side, mocking confusion. He knew damned well that all of the common spaces around the castle were fair game, belonging to no one in particular. Exactly what they were dubbed common. He's play along though and so he hopped to his knees backward on the chair and searched, running his palm of the fabric of the inside and then peeping over the back, looking down, left, right. "No... nope I don't see it. Nothing with your name on it." He said with finality and resumed his reclined position with leg slug over the arm. His gaze was challenging. So now he knew at least one spot where she liked to hang out and oh lucky day, he had invaded it. He always liked having something that someone else wanted, gave him leverage.

"No 'This chair is dedicated to the educational pursuits of... Amy'. Not anywhere I can see." He shrugged one shoulder and contemplated the apple again for a second. "Take a seat if you'd like, but I'm pretty comfortable right here." He said, not minding some company but he wasn't about to beg for it. He actually welcomed the distraction, it detracted from his own worries. He'd actually love an afternoon of forgetting and just being a kid goofing off. "Is there something wrong with your apple?" His mouth curved into a frown as he mulled it over. Well, it wasn't exactly good. After a second he got up and unlatched the window, chucking the thing out. He closed it back up and it clicked. Turning to face Amy now at his full masculine height, he said simply... "It's bland. Let the beasts have it." He wondered if she really would sit and just read, ignoring him, or if she wanted to chat. He figured he's better really break the ice. "Sooooo... Transfiguration... you any good?" he asked. Wow, that was deep, Herc. He'd been okay at his home schooled lessons, but it never really peaked his interest. He never really got the point of it. Turning a rat into a cup, big deal. Who wanted to drink out of a rat anyway? Ew... gross.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
6/ 6/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1''
PLAYER | idkmybffallie

Postby Amy Grant » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:31 am

She was not sure what to make of this boy. Definitely older, kind of weird, and apparently having disagreements with his apple as much as he was investigating his seating. She did not immediately make the connection because she had been, in her own upside down way, trying to offeran explanation. Amy just happened to be very good at sounding disapproving sometimes. As he sat down, declaring he hadn't seen her name, though, she shook her head. "Oh, no, I meant--"

"No 'This chair is dedicated to the educational pursuits of... Amy'. Not anywhere I can see."

"Yes," agreed Amy. "I mean no. I mean, sure?" What the hell was wrong with her? Because she hadn't yet made the connection between the state of her tongue a little knotted up, her brain a bit fuzzy, and a very tiny bit of nervousness in her chest, and this boy being cute. Not that Amy did not accept the genera premise that boys could be cute. In fact, they could be fascinating when they were not your friends, because boys who were friends were a strange smelly bunch about whom you could do without knowing most things. This boy did not appear to be smelly.

She enquired after the state of his apple, and then watched him litter. Bio-degradable, but even so - you didn't want to be walking around and find half eaten apples decaying, right? "That's littering," she informed him.

"It's bland. Let the beasts have it."

As he turned to look at her, causing a certain backward inclination of her head. This was a tall boy, and still not terribly smelly. as he turned to look at her, causing a certain backward inclination of her head. This was a tall boy, and still not terribly smelly. There was a chair opposite him and Amy sat down. It seemed like the thing to do. This caused more of an inclination of her neck, heading now in the way of a crick.

"Sooooo... Transfiguration... you any good?"

"No," she said, honestly, nodding as she looked at him with the kind of focus you ended up having while looking at someone tall, cute, and not smelly. Even if they littered a bit. "I'm rubbish. Well, I'm not rubbish, I'm... it's not-- I mean everything else is-- It sucks, I hate it. I'm supposed to be studying, but," she took the Muggle book out of the folds of the Transfiguration text, with a pleased gleam in her eye, "I'm cheating." Trust a Ravenclaw to cheat on a book with another book. "Why are you here?" she asked, once again with tactless curiosity.
Hogwarts
Ravenclaw
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
12/ 6/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0.5"
PLAYER | JJ

Postby Hercules Delphine » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:08 am

He fought the smile from creeping fully into his lips, but his eyes flickered with delight. He was making her nervous, wasn't he? He had done that one or three times before in his life. Not enough to count on one hand but he still could recognize the signs. Did girls have as dirty thoughts as boys did? He sure hoped so, cause he had a few about her already. Dammit! What was wrong with him? It was like girls were invading his brain and he could think of nothing else. Be cool. You're fine, man. he told himself. Still, her fluster was validating and kind of cute too.

She accused him of littering, which he technically was/ He scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest, ticking one eyebrow in challenge. "What ya gonna do... tattle on me?" he teased. She had no badge so she couldn't be a prefect, or at least not on duty. She could aspire and be a goody goody but he was sure a little old apple thrown to the forest animals wouldn't gain him much repercussion. He could deal. He hoped she wouldn't though, that wouldn't be very fun. She did take a seat, not running off to tell the nearest person of authority so that was good sign.

His azure eyes followed her and met her gaze when she settled it upon him. Being so kind as to answer his question of her Transfiguration skill. must be why she was carrying around the book. "Learning through osmosis. I can dig it." He said, regarding the the book. It wasn't open, and she could have very well read each page three times over for all he knew. Still it was funny to think someone could carry a book, or sleep on one as he had done a few times, and absorb the information. Wouldn't school be so much easier? Maybe there was a special ability for that? He's have to do go on a fact-finding mission.

"I'm rubbish. Well, I'm not rubbish, I'm... it's not-- I mean everything else is-- It sucks, I hate it. I'm supposed to be studying, but," Now he let his smile show, she was getting cutter the more she stumbled over her words. He liked feeling this power over someone. He didn't meant to do it, he was just being his normal self, but it seemed to invoke some sort of short circuit. She cracked the book, maybe she was settled on ignoring him and decided to study. That would be a bummer. But no, in a moment there was a smaller text he'd not seen before. "I'm cheating." Well he hadn't expected her to say that!

His smile slipped and his eyes bulged a bit. A Ravenclaw... cheating? He was shocked. It was clear all over his face. He tried to read the title but couldn't quite see. But she posed a question before he could catch it. "Why are you here?" a simple but loaded question. He rolled it around in his brain for moment and then formulated an answer. "Ah well, it looked cozy. I don't know... I guess you know that seeing as you've been here before." He wasn't being untruthful. Since leaving Greece he's found it quite a task to get warm. The sunshine rarely picked it's way thought the clouds and the basement where he was forced to sleep was damp, dank and chilly. Here in this nook, he found less of a draft and a warm chair to snuggle into. It was basic human need.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
6/ 6/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1''
PLAYER | idkmybffallie

Postby Amy Grant » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:23 pm

"What ya gonna do... tattle on me?"

"No," said Amy, immediately, making a face a little defensively. "I'm not a telltale." She considered this for a moment. Indeed, what was she going to do? To be honest, she was probably going to fetch it and throw it in a bin. But that didn't seem too badass and for some reason it was important in the moment to come across as a bit more gritty. Maybe because she felt a bit ...unusual here.

"Learning through osmosis. I can dig it."

"Exactly," she said, after a blink, and grinned. That was clever, and wouldn't that be a neat trick?

Very unusual, because she was ... tentative in a way that was not normal for her. Amy was not prone to getting carried away by boys, really. Indeed, the last few months had been so awful that she really hadn't wanted to think about that kind of thing. It wasn't that her mother wouldn't have approved or anything; it was that even if she would have disapproved, Amy had no way of knowing that any more. And that did bother Amy, more than she could have said. Her brain could not work out a logical way to resolve that. There was just no way of knowing what her mother would have thought of anything, at all.

In that respect, her twin was perhaps a bit better off. Amy got stuck in details and facts, a lot, it was what made her a good student. She had a keen and discerning mind. But she did not have a great handle over things like intuition, or those sorts of things people seemed to say with total confidence. Ssuch as "everything would be alright" and "time is a great healer". They were good ideas in theory, but lacking in the way of anything concrete, and logistical steps. How would everything be already? What would time do and how would it do that and what was meant to be healing? No one had any answers, though to be fair, Amy wasn't sure she was asking the right questions, and thus a lot of questions remained unspoken.

One of those things was this ... boy thing. She liked boys, really, they were okay unless they had that smelly close-friend quality about them. But she did not understand this slight blushing thing and the nervousness. She felt it, but what the heck were you supposed to do with it?

He seemed a bit shocked over her cheating. "At least I'm only cheating with another book," she pointed out, inclined to defend her Ravenclaw-ness. "I could have been ... faffing off, doing something stupid and reckless." Not that she did, ever. But there was a certain degree of curiosity in her tone at the vague notion of 'stupid and reckless'. Time to change the subject.

"Ah well, it looked cozy. I don't know... I guess you know that seeing as you've been here before."

It was true, she'd been here before and it was quite cosy here. "I like it," she agreed, though she was still not sure if she was pleased to share this with a strange someone, or if she was unsure of a strange someone in her place. "It's tucked away enough to be quiet and sometimes I conjure up a small fire to keep warm." She toyed with her book, wondering about how to proceed. "I come here to be quiet, but it's okay if you want to stay." Again, it wasn't hers but she did offer that almost as imperious concession. What she was saying was she could ... hang out, or whatever.
Hogwarts
Ravenclaw
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
12/ 6/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0.5"
PLAYER | JJ

Postby Hercules Delphine » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:37 pm

The immediate "No!" garnered a sly smile from him and he replied "Good girl!" just as quickly, accented with a pop of his eyes. Maybe he was being too harsh though... she seemed to have something on her mind. The conversation was't really flowing and he wondered if it was sucking at trasfiguration, being behind on studying, the fact that she even admitted to cheating. Something was bugging this girl. What the heck did he know about girls though... maybe it was just her period. Those few days a month were they seemed to be batshit crazy, that actually scared him. To be quite honest, he'd never seen it... just heard locker room talk from other guys his age. Why did they go through a period of crazy? how the hell was he supposed to know, no one explain the technical part to him. He was left to wonder. Trust that a sixteen year old boy left alone with his imagination, that could go very left of center.

"At least I'm only cheating with another book," he scoffed at that. Sounded like a piss poor excuse. "How is that better? Its like saying 'At least I was snogging another girl..." well that idea was mighty pretty. He looked at her with a slight haze. Would she think that was okay? Snogging another girl? Oh he had never thought of that one before. Girls' mouths were so wet and soft and one kissing another... whoa! Mind blown. He felt he was getting a little too excited over this and as not to lead on any speculation, he twisted in the seat and faced her more, the modesty of the armchair hiding anything disturbing on his body.

"faffing off... really? You?" he seemed rightly intrigued as to what she antiquated what faffing off' would entail. He knew what boys did in that context, he'd been doing it for years. Wrestling wit hone another, catching a wave, or snogging. Personal time was also a factor too. What sort of faffing off do you do, exactly, Amy." He was bold enough to ask. What was the worst that could happen? She'd get offended? Slap him? Leave? He didn't want to keep company with a boring sod anyway so the risk was quite minimal.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
6/ 6/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1''
PLAYER | idkmybffallie

Postby Zaxius Vargas » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:09 pm

It was about this time that the defense against the dark arts teacher walked into the nook. He looked at Amy, and then to Herc, and then back to Amy. "No, no. This is not right at all. Just won't do. All the bloody layouts are different and this is not the part of the damn library I was wanting. Bloody map. Tis as old as I am...." HIs rich baritone came and then left just as quickly as he did, a hinge of agitation clung to his voice and then he was gone

(OOC:Sorry about the thread bomb, I just couldn't resist. Its yours once more)
Hogwarts
Faculty
Professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts
BIRTHDAY
24/ 8/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6"3

Postby Amy Grant » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:07 pm

"Good girl!"

That drew a slight frown. It was nice to be approved of, but she wasn't a Labrador. "I'm not a telltale," she added, shaking her head. She wasn't sure what she made of this boy, but in the true spirit of the Ravenclaw, she was willing to wait and see what happened.

"How is that better? Its like saying 'At least I was snogging another girl..."

Except, well, that happened. Amy wrinkled her brow, looking at him with some confusion. "It would be worse, actually," she pointed out, "if you were in fact cheating on another girl?" She wasn't sure she had said that right, but she had to assume he meant if she kissed a girl instead of whoever she was apparently going out with, which she had to presume in his mind was a boy. "I mean, kissing anyone if you're... kissing someone else on a regular basis, is probably not the best, right?"

Kissing another girl didn't sound exciting to her in the same way that the thought of kissing a boy sounded. Amy had so far been kissed a little bit, over a party or two, nothing too serious, and generally somewhat interesting if confusing in terms of how enthusiastic you were supposed to be.

"faffing off... really? You?"

Her frown grew deeper. "What does that mean?"

"What sort of faffing off do you do, exactly, Amy."

And this was the awkward moment. There was no good answer to this as Amy did not really faff. She thought about it a lot but she just had a lot to do to keep things together. Except she didn't want Herc to know that, she'd just come across sounding like a goody two shoes, and that just felt like it would be very embarrassing. "Hey, I faff," she said, and opened her mouth to say something clever.

But Professor Vargas saved her ass. Not the first time this week actually.

"No, no. This is not right at all. Just won't do. All the bloody layouts are different and this is not the part of the damn library I was wanting. Bloody map. Tis as old as I am...."

Map? Layout? Library? This wasn't even the library! Amy was suddenly caught between wanting to pursue this line of conversation with Herc and wanting to chase after Professor Vargas to ask him if she could help him. That was what a Star Pupil would do, right? But right now she was balancing precariously at the edge of coming off as a goody two shoes to this boy.

Though why that mattered she did not know.

But she could certainly not reveal that she had no known ways of faffing naturally and could do with some guidance in the field.

"Do you kiss a lot of girls?" she blurted out instead, a little abruptly, and with a total lack of tact.
Hogwarts
Ravenclaw
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
12/ 6/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0.5"
PLAYER | JJ

Postby Hercules Delphine » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Herc scoffed and pointed to the book. "Once a cheater always a cheater." he said, something he strongly believed. It was all a gateway drug, wasn't it? Then she went into a tirade of examples. So very Ravenclaw of her. This would be a much more interesting topic for debate team than the watered down topics they used. She'd be crack at it if she weren't caught off guard, he assumed. His smile grew but the challenge was there. He really enjoyed that he could push her buttons so easily. He had to wonder if anyone had pushed her little buttons before. Dirty mind Herc, always a dirty mind. "Have you been kissing girls, Amy? Behind your boyfriend's back? Sounds like a guilty conscience if you ask me." he said, hugging the side arm of the chair as his eyes bored into her.

She seemed so innocent, and perplexed at his altered implied meaning of faffing off. Oh the thought of it, it flashed in his brain, made up mental pictures but so very naughty. Damn his pubescent male brain. How was he going to explain this? He shifted a little, uncomfortable but interested enough not to back down. He dropped his voice low and stared at her. "You know..." he said and made a wiggling motion with his fingers. If she had, even if she tried to lie and say know, even if she knew what it meant, she'd probably be shocked and maybe even a little bit appalled. "Hey, I faff," she replied and he was thoroughly shocked that it came so fast from her lips. He choked a laugh and raised a brow. "Reaaaalllllyyyyy?" He wasn't sure if she meant it but he's take it. Locked away in his spank bank for later.

Just when things were getting good some old professor poked his bloody nose where it wasn't wanted. Herc scrambled to sit up straight and gave the professor a bewildered look. The old man was lost. It was a tad comical to see him fumbling with a map and looking for his way. Dammit if he hadn't stumbled in when the conversation was just getting juicy and killed the mood. Were all professors this big of a cock block? He thought about it and assumed they probably were. They both most likely looked like the cats who ate the canary the way they stiffened and clamped their mouths shut. All he heard through the flustered muttering was something about maps and the library. He raised a hand and just pointed in the opposite direction. He had so stinking idea where the dusty old library was, nor did he care. He just wanted to the professor gone, the other way. The professor and he had dealings before and the man was kind to him, really took an interest. That was a separate event though and not where his head was at right now.

As quickly as he had barged in, he was gone and Herc relaxed once more. He felt that the professor might need an explanation, he;d already got a sort of soft spot in his heart for him. "Professor Vargas. He's new. Guess he's lost or something." He gave a terse smile her way and settled back into his new favorite chair. It was comfy, the spot seemed secluded, if you don't mind a lost soul once in a while, but what made it more desirable is that someone else wanted it. He wasn't budging, not any time soon. "Do you kiss a lot of girls?" she fired the question his way and his wicked grin revisited. She was into this conversation. What was going on in that head of hers? Did girls have the same filthy thoughts that guys his age did? That would sure be a game changer. "I don't kiss and tell. I'm a man of honor." He said, his hand resting over his heart in a very dramatic way.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
6/ 6/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1''
PLAYER | idkmybffallie

Postby Amy Grant » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:00 am

The way he spoke about cheating made it sound a lot worse than how she had meant it, really. Cheating on a book with another book was, well, kind of a joke. But then if she was joking about it, did that make her a bit of a butt? Amy frowned, the sense of frazzled worry coming back to her, even as he made a crack about kissing girls behind her boyfriend's back. She had no idea what he was talking about, as she had no boyfriend, and certainly hoped she wouldn't be the kind of person who would cheat at all, on a person. Really, for heaven's sake, she had been joking!

But he was saying a few things that were a bit confusing. Why was it such a big deal that she faffed off? Okay, so she looked a bit like a stick in the mud and yes, she couldn't remember the last time she'd actually skived off a class, but still. She could faff if she wasn't to faff. It just didn't occur to her that he may be interpreting the word "faff" ...alternatively. "Yeah!" she said, firmly, giving him an odd look.

Which was around when Professor Vargas made an appearance. Amy was left looking on as he ambled in and out, looking, well, weird. "I- yeah, lost, maybe," she said, though there was a touch of reverence in her voice. She did think he was a really cool professor, honestly. But wait, first things first. "You don't look like a man of honour," said Amy, with a touch of skepticism. But she was curious. "I just wanted to know, really. People always talk about kissing a lot and making out with a load of people, but what is a load of people? How many people do people ... interact with in that way on an average?"
Hogwarts
Ravenclaw
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
12/ 6/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0.5"
PLAYER | JJ

Postby Hercules Delphine » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:14 am

Herc looked offended at her and scoffed. "You seem to like book, haven't you ever heard 'Don't judge a book by its cover?'" He tweaked an eyebrow in question. He didn't like to be judged and even though he was teasing, he'd not like being judged. "My mum raised me proper and she'd not be too pleased to hear that. She could be around, ya know. She's gonna be a new professor when term starts." He was still amazed that Professor Vargas had told him his niece was appalled at the fact that he'd be teaching there and might embarrass her. Someone like that, despite what we just saw of him getting lost, was nothing to be ashamed of. He was very practiced in the dark arts and probably had loads of adventure stories. His mum was smart too, and she'd taught him and his brother pretty well.

Her odd look confirmed that she had no clue about the type of "faffing" he was talking about. Two completely different things. He just shook his head, he wasn't going the one to school her on sex ed, or self entertainment. Besides, he himself wasn't exactly clear on how it worked for girls. But she asked about kissing and that he could speak about. Not that he'd kiss all that many girls before but he was trying to be the cool guy and he wasn't going to volunteer exactly how little experience he had. Still, he could speak about that he actually had. Leaning a bit closer, he divulged. "You can have as much interaction as you want, but ya kinda be in the right place at the right time and with the right person." A sly smile came to his lips, he wondered if this could turn into one of those times. Every time he had kissed girls... a total of two times in all... it hadn't been planned, just happened. It felt right, like it needed to happen.

"As to loads of people, well that depends on the person I suppose. Quantity or quality, what would you want? First yo have to be sure the person isn't dirty... like you don't want to get sores or anything. Disgusting." he sneered, knowing that some people were just unclean. The girls he kissed, well they all had pretty lips. All slick and shiny with lip gloss and tasted like fruit and sunshine. You've been kissed before, haven't you?" he asked, not knowing. She wasn't unkissable looking for sure. Still, it happened for kids at all different points in their lives. Herc liked kissing girls, more than liked it. He wouldn't be opposed to kissing her, if it were the right moment and all.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
6/ 6/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1''
PLAYER | idkmybffallie

Postby Amy Grant » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:42 am

"You seem to like book, haven't you ever heard 'Don't judge a book by its cover?'"

"I've also heard 'Clothes make the man'," pointed out Amy, though she wasn't sure about that one to be honest. If anything, the funeral had taught her that nothing in the world was predictable and you just never knew with people. "But old wives tell stupid tales. I don't think you can trust anyone." That bit just slipped out a bit abruptly.

"My mum raised me proper and she'd not be too pleased to hear that. She could be around, ya know. She's gonna be a new professor when term starts."

Well, that was a bit of unpleasant information. Not only did he sound a bit miffed, he was clearly going to end up influencing this professor to be, as she was his mother. Amy was fond of a picture she had of herself, as a Good Student, a Teacher's Pet. So far, however, her attempts to interact with professors had just gone very very badly. She'd ended up screaming curses in front of Professor Vargas, not too long before she had presented him with a glowing butt. It was a tragic series of events.

"What will she teach?" she asked, curiously.

Speaking of teaching, this conversation was starting to take an interesting turn. Amy did not miss that he was an older boy, and likely to know a little more about kissing than she did. Truth be told, she wasn't entirely sure she understood why kissing was such a big deal, the two kisses she had received nothing to write home about. Not that she had anyone to write home to about that.

But it was interesting, and she could not deny a little twist in her stomach as the Herc leaned closer to explain. She also did not miss the sly look, or that it left that intriguing twist to flutter in her stomach a touch longer.

"As to loads of people, well that depends on the person I suppose. Quantity or quality, what would you want? First yo have to be sure the person isn't dirty... like you don't want to get sores or anything. Disgusting."

... and then there was that. Boys were so weird. "Um," said Amy, frowning, twist forgotten momentarily at the thought. "Gross. Why I-- just why," she finished, exasperated. Why would people be unclean? Why would he say that, of all things?

"You've been kissed before, haven't you?"

"Of course I have," said Amy, still disgruntled by the grossness, but determined to defend herself as a person who could faff off if they wanted to and also had been kissed. She wasn't uncool, even if she had had a glowing butt for a few hours not too long ago. "A few times." Well, that wasn't true. "Well, two times. I don't get what the big deal is."
Hogwarts
Ravenclaw
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
12/ 6/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0.5"
PLAYER | JJ

Postby Hercules Delphine » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:12 am

Herc regarded his own clothes, just jeans and a shirt and riding boots, no uniform robes seeing as it was summer break. He thought he looked pretty smart and he ticked his collar a moment, then blinked back at her. Did she hate his shirt? He wasn't a slob, not in the least. "But old wives tell stupid tales. I don't think you can trust anyone." He clicked his tongue and pointed a finger-gun at her, squinting one eye. "Now that, is very profound m'lady. I couldn't agree more." She had hit the proverbial nail on the head there. "Still, I believe in giving people a chance till they reveal themselves to be stupid or a right git."

He was pondering the few people he'd met so far and how they weighed out in his mind. She asked about his mum and he shook the calculations from his mind. "What? Oh uh... Astronomy. She's really good at everything, taught me an' my brother till now. Till we came here. She loves the stars though." He spoke true, and though he was not the model of a mama's boy, he loved his mother with all of his being. He respected her, especially after what they had been through. He had many fond memories though, of being on the boat at night and she teaching him and Aero how to navigate using only the heavens as their guide. A small warm smile played on his lips as he distractedly picked at some lint on his shirt.

And just like that they were back to the kissing. He couldn't help but chuckle when she became flummoxed once more. "Gross. Why I-- just why," He shrugged one shoulder. "I dunno, people can be gross. Gotta take care of yourself, ya know. Personal hygiene and all." He'd seen people with jacked up teeth and that smelled right rank, but he'd not frequented the slums so it was few and far between. Still, those images were burned into his brain. He was tracing random shapes with his finger on his knee as he explained and then she said she had been kissed. He nodded, not looking at her. "Good, then just put yourself in the same situation, or similar, if ya wanna be kissed again I guess." That would be his plan, he supposed. But this wasn't Greece and all of his had happened on the beach. No ocean hear with rocky shoals to creep into and do your snogging. Just a cruddy old lake with water as black as night.

"Well, two times. I don't get what the big deal is." His brow raised, intrigued. He'd only kissed two girls, but he'd not be offering that information just now. He wanted to know more from her. "Two times... with the same person? Was it like, just a peck... or more?" Herc was curious if it were chaste, or like full blown snogging. His first time, was not a peck, there were tongues and it went on for a bit. The second time, with the second girl, he was more bold. This conversation was getting quite interesting, though he had a suspicion it wasn't as juicy as he had hoped judging by the end of her statement. "Maybe you just haven't been kissed right... it's an art you know." He said, letting the devilish side grin play upon his lips once more as his blue eyes caught hers.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
6/ 6/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1''
PLAYER | idkmybffallie

Postby Amy Grant » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:13 am

It was less profound than it was a bit cynical, or so Amy thought. But she was a lot less open to strangers than she had thought she would be, if that made any sense. Which it probably did not. But when a man claiming to be their brother had shown up, it had been Clara and not her to believe him. And when they had gone home after, she had not been able to look at her father the same way either. So, really, who did you trust? The only person she had thought she could trust was gone, and maybe only in memory was that trust preserved. "Maybe everyone's stupid or a right git," she said, finally. "You can't be perfect all the time, right? Everyone screws up." But then that did not make it okay. If what their "brother" said about their father was true, that wasn't remotely okay. Amy closed her eyes for a second, trying to come back to easier subjects.

Like Astronomy. She sighed in relief, though she had never met Herc's mother, and did not know anything about her that would indicate she'd do well in her class. But Astronomy was easier than, say, Transfigurations. Amy looked at him, though, as he spoke about his mother, describing her as being good at everything. Which was what Amy would have describe her own mother as, after all. Except everyone screwed up, right? It left her stupidly sad, and she shook her head, trying to shake that off. "Stars are pretty," she said, not entirely keeping the wistful note out of her voice. Or her heart, which twisted a little, treacherously cheesed off that the boy she did not know at all had a mother she had never met who he believed had never screwed up.

Of course, the next instant, they were talking about bad dental hygeine. And, why. Why would he say that?!

"I dunno, people can be gross. Gotta take care of yourself, ya know. Personal hygiene and all."

Amy wrinkled up her nose, still very much on, "Gross."

"Good, then just put yourself in the same situation, or similar, if ya wanna be kissed again I guess."

But she didn't know if she would like to be, as it wasn't all that huge a deal.

"Two times... with the same person? Was it like, just a peck... or more?"

"Different people," said Amy, trying not to think of dental hygeine and everyone letting you down and all kinds of confusing stuff that made conversations about kissing even more confusing than they strictly needed to be. "It was, well." Now, was it a peck if it was lacking tongue and salive but lasted longer than how she'd kissed her dad on the cheek?

"Maybe you just haven't been kissed right... it's an art you know."

"I mean," said Amy, consciously, "they both smelled just fine, like they'd brushed and everything." But that wasn't what he was saying. "To answer your question, it was not all out ...Frenching," that sounded weird, "but it wasn't ... saliva-y. I don't know why saliva makes things better either. I mean." She checked herself. She had started to look sort of drifty, like she did when contemplating an important problem. Which this wasn't, a problem, or specifically important. It was just ...interesting. "Why, what is the right way?"
Hogwarts
Ravenclaw
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
12/ 6/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0.5"
PLAYER | JJ

Postby Hercules Delphine » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:59 pm

Herc's interest was over the top. "Oh two people... wow." He was impressed. Her lips were not nearly as virginal as he had assumed. He closed-mouth laughed as she tried to explain the technicalities of it. Saliva-y, that didn't sound one bit attractive. He'd not want to be concentrating on slurping down someone else'd spit when he was trying to enjoy the kissing part. Why would anyone ever consider that part at the forefront? But the way she said Frenching, that was adorably awkward. She was looking a bit dazed, far off like. He could assume she was remembering her attempts at kissing. Possibly picking them apart and critiquing, looking for faults and flaws. He shook his head, the smile still on his lips. "You need to feel it. Get caught up in the moment and forget thinking." His hand's moved as he spoke, almost half holding an imaginary girl's head. But that wasn't working... piss poor example. He became frustrated and his smile faded. She wouldn't understand, no one would. He'd never been any good at charades anyways. "It's... it's not something you can really explain..."

He bore into her with his azure blue eyes, wondering if he could be so bold and do what his mind was urging him. With a heavy sigh, he rolled his eyes upward and dragged himself out of the chair. He moved the few steps to where she was sitting and crouched down beside, so they were face to face. "It's something I'd have to show you." Was he trapping her? He liked kissing, and he thought he was pretty good at it. He was single... he didn't care if she was. He kind of liked all the ribbing he had been giving her about a boyfriend and kissing other girls. To think that she had been kissed before, but not proper at all, and he could be the one to blow her mind. That was a thrilling feeling and he was completely up for the task. His face was close to her's. She'd only have to pull back and look at him like he was a poxy troll, or haul off and crack him right across the face. That would stop this whole strange scenario. Or... she could let him kiss her and see if she could learn a thing or two. "You're a curious little Ravenclaw, aren't ya?
It's purely for research, I swear."
An air of honesty washed over his face to drive home the convincing that it was a good idea. A hand over his heart and the other held up to commit the promise. Would she take the opportunity?
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
6/ 6/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1''
PLAYER | idkmybffallie

Postby Amy Grant » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:32 am

Amy found that she felt sort of... cool, and a bit empowered, when he said 'wow' over her measly two people. Of course, a part of her had to wonder if that made her sound less than awesome. Except he wasn't looking judgmental, and that was cool. She wondered if it made her a certain kind of girl, a girl with experience, a girl who Knew The Ways. Except of course she knew no ways, and those hadn't been the greatest of kisses.

This was turning into a very interesting conversation. Book forgotten, though she was still holding it against her chest where she sat, she was tuning into what he said. A part of her was disbelieving, the skeptical part, and a part of her was very intrigued. It sounded like a promise, even though he said it with some frustration. A promises that there could be kisses that made you forget how to think. Amy thought quite a lot so it would take quite a kiss to let that happen. He also said it wasn't something you could explain, which sent her brain into overdrive - despite the intensely blue eyes staring at her now.

Why couldn't you explain it? How could anything that common not have a common explanation? But, then, a number of things that were common - like dating and kissing and things along those lines - did not come with a handbook. Maybe he really couldn't explain it, though she had to give him points for attempted charades.

As he moved, with an air of exhaustion, or something like that in the sigh, she watched him. He moved kind of fluidly, which was different from how sweaty bouncy excitable boys in her year moved. To be absolutely honest, Amy's disposition towards kissing was somewhat also mediated by the fact that not a lot of boys were, well, interesting. But this boy was, to begin with, called Hercules, and was an older boy, and was tall, and moved gracefully, and had an angsty apple, and wanted to talk to her about kissing, and had the bluest eyes she'd ever seen (maybe not, but in the moment she did not remember other eyes this blue), and was now crouching down close.

"It's something I'd have to show you."

Very
close.

Amy's insides did a little twist. Had she been thinking, she would have remembered to put it on the bullet point list she was intending to compile about all the things you could know about kissing. That would be a start, wouldn't it? 'Makes insides squirmy, even when it's only almost happening', would be point number one. But ... wait, was this ...was he almost kissing her? She opened her mouth to ask, but up this close, she could also see the patterns in his eyes, and the nuances of his features.

"You're a curious little Ravenclaw, aren't ya? It's purely for research, I swear."

Purely for research. That was okay, right? Amy leaned in a little, not shy exactly, but thinking, unsure. Was it okay to kiss someone only for research? Weren't you supposed to kiss people for other reasons, like interest and sweetness and ever so very blue eyes? She placed a hand on his shoulder just to make sure he didn't leave while she was thinking, angling her head back for a moment. The twistiness was twistier than ever. She didn't want him to not respect her, or to be, well, easy. But she did want to see what it'd be like,and if it would indeed make her stop thinking like she was right now and-- "Research," she affirmed, abruptly, and pressed his lips to hers.
Hogwarts
Ravenclaw
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
12/ 6/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0.5"
PLAYER | JJ

Postby Hercules Delphine » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:04 pm

He could see the gears in her mind turning, weighing each individual outcome. It was causing the most delicious anticipation. He wet his lips as he waited, the seconds ticking away in an agonizing length. Either he was about to get lamb basted or be kissing this intriguing creature before him. Then she just went for it and it caught him off guard a bit. Her lips were pressed to his and his eyes shot wide open. He let it happen for a second, or two, or three. But then, his hands took her shoulders and pushed her back slightly His eyes darting back and forth between hers. "Whoa sassy. That's you're first mistake." He said, but he wasn't be harsh, his voice soft and coaxing. This was a tutorial. "Can't you let yourself be kissed?" He asked. He liked to be in charge and be prepared. There was so much more to women than just clubbing them over the head, dragging them back to a proverbial cave and having your way with them. She didn't need to throw herself at him. His hand came from her shoulder and the back of two fingers caressed her cheek.

"Take your time. Don't be so brash. Now, close your eyes." His fingers hooked to tip her chin up a little and his eyes ran down to her lips. He wanted her to feel it, to wait for it. That part was maddening in the best way. He could see it in every muscle of a girl's face. After he felt it was long enough to make her wait, he moved in slowly, cupping her cheek and urging it toward him. His lips just grazed softly against hers, brushing just to feel skin on skin and the warmth radiating. His breath soft and still probably smelling like green apple juice would just whisper across her mouth. He hung there for a second and then closed his eyes, feeling the moment. His lips pressed against hers and he drew in a breath through his nose as he rose up just slightly. Feeling the pressure and seeing if she'd press back. His tongue now took its liberty and urged to be let in. She'd have to either realize what was happening and go with it or let human instinct take over and really give in and enjoy the moment. Bodies had an incredible way of knowing exactly what to do and what felt good.
Hogwarts
Slytherin
Class of 1999-2006
BIRTHDAY
6/ 6/1988
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1''
PLAYER | idkmybffallie