• Administrator

calm.

calm.

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:48 am

The fire crackled warmly in the hearth and her eyes flickered to the scene outside her enchanted window. Unlike the bitter, impersonal chill of London, it depicted familiar rolling hills framing a lake in the distance, a walking path littered with sycamore and willow trees. It was much how she remembered Hogwarts grounds looked prior to the war. A clock chimed softly in the corner, indicating it was 4 o’clock. Tapping her mug gently with the tip of her wand, the dark coffee began to release a hint of steam once again. Eve took a deep drink of the liquid and slipped her last client’s folder into the cabinet behind her desk. She had her back turned to the door when she heard it open.

“Can I help you?” she asked, finally turning to lay eyes on the one who’d entered her office without so much as a knock.
St. Mungo's
Ministry On-site Clinic// St. Mungo's Psychotherapy Ward
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma

Re: calm.

Postby Judas Grimsbane » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:21 am

Maybe it was watching all his friends rank up and out of Patrol that had finally done what years of therapy and self-care couldn't, but Judas was at last ready to be something more than a glorified traffic cop. It wasn't what he wanted for himself, and if Eden were still alive, it'd be a bloody sorry state of affairs to try and look up to.

Of course, once he got an idea in his head, it had to be acted on immediately, without thought or consideration for things like manners and convention. He barged into Evelisse's office without an appointment or even a courtesy knock, aware of the lateness of the hour, ink still staining his fingers from writing broom tickets, and a bruise throbbing around one eye where he'd been forced to subdue a couple of drunken Scottish warlocks.

"Yes -- I...er..." he glanced at her and then at the door, the maelstrom in his mind coming to a screeching halt. "Shit -- sorry. You're not expecting someone, are you?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Patrol Officer
BIRTHDAY
12/10/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:35 am

Her gaze dropped from the man in the door to the meticulously organized desk between them, settling on her appointment calendar. 4pm: ____ read as a blank slot on the sheet, the previous names for the day blurred by an anonymous charm to protect privacy rights. "No," she answered, "Did you need an appointment.... Mister....?" she trailed off, expecting him to introduce himself. She vaguely recognized him as someone familiar, but couldn't place the man in her memory. Perhaps she'd only seen him in an elevator at the ministry. Eve didn't miss a beat, however, instinctively opening the small ice chest in the corner of her office and extracting a cold compress and a chilled water bottle. She pulled a coaster out and set it on the small endtable beside one of the arm chairs, placing the bottle on it. Without invitation, she placed the compress in his ink-stained hand, nodding at his brow. "Looks uncomfortable," she commented briefly.
St. Mungo's
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma

Postby Judas Grimsbane » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:44 pm

He remained standing, vaguely registering the compress in his hand but not quite present enough to do anything with it. "Grimsbane," he told her. His father, depending on who one asked, had been either a war hero or a traitor, but either way the name was recognisable in the pureblood community. "And I need a psych eval -- as soon as possible."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Patrol Officer
BIRTHDAY
12/10/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:16 pm

She nodded at the name in recognition, but her even tone conveyed neither approval nor distaste. "I see," she answered, "and why do you require an evaluation so urgently?" She asked. "Did you bring any medical history forms with you?"
St. Mungo's
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma

Postby Judas Grimsbane » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:59 pm

He reached into the inner pocket of his jacket and pulled out his protobook, flipping open the cover and dialling up a copy of his medical form. It was probably somewhat unusual for a patient to have their own psychiatric history at their fingertips, but this was the historically backwards wizarding world, and also his last therapist had been fired for malpractice anyway.

Judas held the device out to her. On it, his history of PTSD and depression were detailed, citing his father's murder, his participation in the war, the death of his younger brother, and an event in late 1997 known as the Frankie's Incident as major contributors to his mental health issues. "I want to requalify for the hitwizards," he told her. "Whilst I'm still young enough to do it, preferably."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Patrol Officer
BIRTHDAY
12/10/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Evelisse’s manicured brow arched as the Grimsbane boy easily produced the contents of his medical history in such a technologically accessible manner. In her experience, a patient having records on hand generally meant they were either impeccably organized or… were well-acquainted with the system. With his haphazard manner of approach, Eve was skeptical it was the former, in which case Mr. Grimsbane’s case was not likely one she was pleased to be laden with late in the day.
“Ah, well that’s… useful,” she remarked in a clipped tone as her thin, pale, clean fingers accepted the device from his ink-stained ones. Her eyes flickered from Judas’s face as he explained his intention to the surface of the protobook, skimming the screen. “You are… twenty-eight?” she muttered, more to herself as she scanned the page for his year of birth. “Twenty- nine,” she corrected herself. “I see- please have a seat, Mr. Grimsbane.” she offered, nodding at the arm chair. “I’ll hold onto this for the moment,” she muttered regarding his protobook, returning to her desk for her wand. She flicked her wand with an hushed charm at the open door, ushering it to close. “What’s the age cutoff for this qualification? 35?” she inquired, sitting in the armchair opposite to the one she’d recommended he take.
St. Mungo's
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma

Postby Judas Grimsbane » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:55 am

By that point, Judas had ascertained that Evelisse didn't recognise him despite having been in the same year at school. Given his reputation in his Hogwarts days, he decided that was for the best and didn't try to jog her memory. Instead, he took the offered seat and at last had the presence of mind to place the compress over his bruised eye. "Yeah, but I mean...I don't want to spend six more weeks in patrol, let alone six years," he huffed humourlessly.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Patrol Officer
BIRTHDAY
12/10/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Metamorphmagus
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Evelisse Andrews » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:43 pm

His obvious distaste for patrol earned a slight, bemused smile from Eve as her gaze fell from the man back to the protobook in her hand. "I understand," she answered, her thumb swiping over the screen to page back through his history. "Well, Mr. Grimsbane, it says that you initially resigned from duty due to an incident of hesitation in the field. That's not very compatible with hitwizard duty, I'm sure you're aware, as it risks others' safety. So, I can offer you an evaluation today for the next hour, but if you fail, you'll have to return for 4 weekly scheduled psychotherapy appointments before I'm able to re-evaluate you." She waited a moment for the conditions of evaluation to sink in. "Is that agreeable?" she asked.
St. Mungo's
Psychotherapist
BIRTHDAY
14/ 2/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5' 5"
PLAYER | Emma