• Administrator

Viva Los Vegas!

Requests that have been filled or closed

Viva Los Vegas!

Postby Saturday » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:38 pm

OK, so the Vegas. They are a big family of crazy drama and love!

We need moar siblings.

Requests!

The Patriarch -- Carlos Vega, Sr. (deceased): Taken by Niky!

Age (at time of death): Mid-30s

Carlos Vega was a muggle police officer for the New York Police Department -- probably a detective. A street-tough Puerto Rican kid from Bushwick, Brooklyn, back when it was still seriously hood, he was smart, had a quick temper, charming, handsome, had a way with people, and was kind of a larger-than-life figure -- everybody knew him. He was a hardass with a sense of humor -- a guy from the neighborhood, street smart, tough, and a family man. He was utterly in love with his wife, Leticia, and loved his kids beyond measure. Leticia handled most of the discipline, but he wasn't afraid to give the boys a smack if they were disrespectful or got too far out of line. He died in 1980, killed when someone was trying to rob the store he and Leticia owned.

Mami Dearest: Leticia Jimenez Vega:

Leticia was born to an extremely wealthy and influential pureblood family that treated her mostly as somehow deficient because she was born a squib. Lacking magical talent entirely, she clashed often with her parents, and against their wishes, left home as soon as she was able to move to he US in the hopes of starting a life in a world where she would be treated as someone of value. Of course, being an immigrant who spoke English as a second language didn't provide much status, but she was able to find a position as a shop girl at a variety store owned by an elderly Spanish couple who took a shine to her. She was hard-working, smart, and diligent, and they gave her more and more responsibility. She found that although her lifestyle was far from what she was accustomed to, it was profoundly rewarding to be valued as competent, capable, and even talented. It was during this time that she met Carlos, the love of her life; they married young, had children young, and through it all, she worked at the shop, saving until she was able to buy out the elderly couple who'd owned it -- and they sold it to her at more than a fair price, as they looked at her as a daughter.

Life was not easy, but it was good, and she was happy, for a time.

When Carlos was killed, it all changed. She was angry -- so inexplicably, unrelentingly angry all the time, and her children often bore the brunt of that anger for different reasons. Vale was dutiful and distant, and Xara dutiful and diffident -- they were spared the worst of it. But as her children grew up, and ended up having magical talent, as they discovered their own interests and desires, as they defied her and reinforced long-buried feelings of powerlessness and loss by leaving her, always leaving her, she became more and more controlling, severe, and abusive. But it's been a long time since those days, and who she's become in the interim us definitely up for discussion. Now, all of her children have left her, and are an ocean away. Until, of course, she shows up in London, for reasons yet to be disclosed...

Pseudo-Papi: Carlos Vega, Jr.:

Second son, bully, difficult, defiant, surrogate father, Complicated Guy... (taken by Belle)

Little Brother: Antonio (Tony/Tonito) Vega: Taken by Jeff!

The youngest/baby of the family. Xara definitely doted on him growing up, Nico probably found him really annoying and they probably had a really hilarious little brother/big sister "OMG DID YOU READ MY DIARY YOU LITTLE BUTTHOLE" relationship growing up. Who he is and where he is now is definitely up for collaborative discussion!

A note on Pbs:

Pbs should look kind of like the Pbs already in play! Latinos preferred, but the resemblance is more important to me, personally. There's a lot of backstory and a lot of connections here, so hit me up if you're interested! :D

Also don't be skurred of dead Carlos -- I would love to do a LOT of backstory with him!
Satta Tracks!
characters, threads, prompts, requests, etc...
OOC Inactive
Department of Delights
Lead Unicorn

Re: Viva Los Vegas!

Postby Jeffrey » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:49 pm

I'll take one of everything
OOC Player
The Rectum
Pooptrigger

Postby Saturday » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:05 pm

DO IT
Satta Tracks!
OOC Inactive
Department of Delights
Lead Unicorn

Postby Niky » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Did someone pick up dead!carlos already?
OOC Moderator
Department of Deliciousness
Bite Me

Postby Saturday » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:43 pm

NO NO ONE HAS YET NO ONE
Satta Tracks!
OOC Inactive
Department of Delights
Lead Unicorn

Postby Trish » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:35 pm

omg Jeff and Niky GET ON IT.

:3
OOC Inactive

Postby Niky » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:37 pm

omg getting on it
OOC Moderator
Bite Me

Postby Jeffrey » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:26 pm

I'll take Tony >.>
OOC Player
The Rectum
Pooptrigger

Postby Saturday » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:20 pm

YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Satta Tracks!
OOC Inactive
Department of Delights
Lead Unicorn

Postby Jeffrey » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:58 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2861

finally finished it
OOC Player
The Rectum
Pooptrigger

Postby Saturday » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:28 am

OMG FINALLY
Satta Tracks!
OOC Inactive
Department of Delights
Lead Unicorn

Postby Niky » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Jeffrey wrote:http://theministryrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2861

finally finished it

omg if you ever want someone to play his unhappy girlfriend

I volunteer
OOC Moderator
Bite Me

Postby Jeffrey » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:10 pm

hang on I'll post a request JUST FOR YOU

(I was going to do it anyway but now it's JUST FOR YOU)
OOC Player
The Rectum
Pooptrigger

Postby VeNox » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:02 pm

So.... I am def gonna take Mama Vega when I'm back on my feet.

I'm thinking Madeleine Stowe, because she's got that severe latina thing going down. And this woman is going to be a master manipulator. :3
~*~*~ The Vortex ~*~*~
OOC Moderator
The Lost Master
Department of Giggles
Giggler

Postby Niky » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:16 pm

VeNox wrote:So.... I am def gonna take Mama Vega when I'm back on my feet.

I'm thinking Madeleine Stowe, because she's got that severe latina thing going down. And this woman is going to be a master manipulator. :3

OOC Moderator
Bite Me

Postby Trish » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:28 pm

o
m
g
OOC Inactive

Return to Archived Requests