• Administrator

[complete] Fading Into View

[complete] Fading Into View

Postby Kyra Bishop » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:32 am

She didn't know where she'd come from or how she'd arrived here, at a home in the Hollows. She recognized the Hollows, but not this place. The last thing she remembered was Greece, and losing a child, and then everything had gone dark. If there had been any time between that and this, and she sensed that there had, it had slipped like smoke through her fingers, and she found herself wanting only one thing: Gregor.

She was standing at the door, and rather than knock, she opened it and walked in.

"Hello...?"

#Samhain
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1951
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Niky

Re: Fading Into View

Postby Cosmina Bishop [Liz] » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:01 pm

Kyra might have wanted Gregor, but that wasn't who she got first. Hearing the door open, Cosmina put down her book and headed into the front hallway before stopping abruptly, as though she'd run into an invisible wall. Her jaw actually, literally dropped, and her eyes seemed to take up her entire face as she stared at her mother.

Oh, she'd missed her so much, wanted her so desperately ...

It didn't even occur to her to be skeptical, which was strange, given that Cosmina was very much a scientist and firmly rooted in what could be proven. She didn't have any sort of beliefs beyond what she knew about the physical world, and yet ... she could feel, instinctually, that there wasn't time to question this.

Before fully processing anything, Cosmina was hugging her mother, pressing her face into Kyra's hair, squeezing as tightly as she could. "Mama," she breathed, her eyes welling up with tears, "Mama!"
Undesirable
The Hollows
Medical Intern
BIRTHDAY
2/ 3/1985
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Kyra Bishop » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:42 am

Kyra's heart felt like it was being squeezed in her chest. She was older, so much older, and yet there was no mistaking that it was Cosmina. She wrapped her arms around her daughter and held her tightly, stroking her hair softly.

"Cosmina," she whispered, her own eyes filled with tears. She'd missed so much! "You're growing up so beautifully." Without her, which hurt, but she trusted Gregor to keep the children safe, to love them in her place. She might have gone mad, otherwise. "Let me look at you," she said at last, pulling back somewhat to study her daughter's face.
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1951
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Gregor Bishop » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm

He recognized the long, lean curves of her silhouette, the way she held herself, her voice and her face--Kyra, standing in their doorway like an apparition of a desolate past. An ache like betrayal flickered through his eyes before his countenance hardened and he raised his wand to her.

"Cosmina! Get away from her," he snapped.

There were any number of explanations for why a woman who looked like Kyra would be at their door, and among them, the scenario in which it was actually her seemed a distant possibility.
The Hollows
Knights of Walpurgis
Leader
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1953
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Kyra Bishop » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:33 pm

At the sound of his voice, Kyra's attention was diverted. She loved her children more than anything, but her first love had always and would always be Gregor. She understood his caution, she would have been the same, so she took a step back from Cosmina, though it pained her to do so.

"I don't mean any harm," she said, her eyes trained on Gregor. "I don't know how I'm here, but it is me, Gregor."
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1951
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Cosmina Bishop [Liz] » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Cosmina was shocked out of the embrace by her father's voice, which brought her back to her senses. She was being foolish, of course. This could be some sort of a trap. This could be anything, but ... oh, she just couldn't pull away!

Kyra did, though, and Cosmina stood for a moment feeling terribly alone before she moved to be at her father's side. "Father," she murmured, but her words didn't go any further than that. What would she even say? Father knew best. Father was urging caution.

She stood quietly, watching them, her eyes darting back and forth between her parents but lingering longer whenever they passed over Kyra.
Undesirable
The Hollows
Medical Intern
BIRTHDAY
2/ 3/1985
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Gregor Bishop » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:33 pm

His eyes narrowed at her, hard with the tremor of loss in them, his pupils sharp as ice picks. With one hand, he guided Cosmina behind him to shield her with himself. He demanded, "What's the last thing you remember?"
The Hollows
Knights of Walpurgis
Leader
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1953
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Kyra Bishop » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:35 pm

"Greece," she said, pain raw in her voice. "My mother was sick, we went to see her and they were waiting for us." The pain of losing Helena was still so new for her, still as if it had just happened. "We lost Helena, I tried to shield her, but I was too late. I... I lost my mind with grief, I wasn't thinking." She remembered the pain of the killing curse, and then nothing. She looked at Gregor, her eyes bright with unshed tears. "And I suppose you lost me, too."
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1951
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Cosmina Bishop [Liz] » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:51 pm

Cosmina hid her face behind her father as tears started to fall. She continued to listen silently, wanting desperately for him to decide that Kyra was real.

This must be real. She had to stay! Please, please, please!
Undesirable
The Hollows
Medical Intern
BIRTHDAY
2/ 3/1985
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Gregor Bishop » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:31 pm

He exhaled slowly, his eyes pinned to hers and searching for the slightest sign of betrayal. Then he indicated the stairs with a flick of his head and instructed, "Come with me."
The Hollows
Knights of Walpurgis
Leader
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1953
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Kyra Bishop » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:35 pm

She smiled encouragingly at Cosmina, but didn't attempt to initiate further contact. Not yet. Once Gregor was sure of her, she was certain he'd let her see not just Cosmina, but all the children. She nodded and moved for the stairs - slowly. She wasn't worried about Gregor doubting her, they knew each other too well, but she was cautious all the same.
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1951
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Cosmina Bishop [Liz] » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Cosmina knew that she wasn't supposed to follow. Instead, she sat down right there on the floor of the foyer and rested her forehead on her knees. She would wait as long as she needed to wait for them to come back downstairs. She wouldn't move. She had no desire to move.
Undesirable
The Hollows
Medical Intern
BIRTHDAY
2/ 3/1985
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Gregor Bishop » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Knowing his daughter well enough, he knew it was incumbent upon himself to make her useful and firmly instructed her, "Contact the Thornes and apprise them of the situation. Tell them no action is necessary yet, but be on alert."

Then he followed Kyra into the basement, closing the door behind them. They emerged into a dimly lit but spotless work area with a number of tools in it. Among most every day ones were tools useful for the arts of dissection and torture. A locked cabinet full of potions for various uses stood against the far wall. With a tip of his head, Gregor indicated a large oak chair in the middle of the room to Kyra. His voice not wholly harsh, he bade her, "Sit. Tell me about Selah's birth."
The Hollows
Knights of Walpurgis
Leader
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1953
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Kyra Bishop » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:06 pm

She wasn't afraid. This was Gregor, and she was Kyra, and they had always loved each other fiercely. If anyone would know her, she expected it to be him. She sat on the chair he indicated, noted the tools - and 'tools' - with her customary coolness, along with that hint of amusement she always seemed to wear at the corners of her lips. She crossed her legs and leaned forward a bit, studying him. She could see the years on his face and it hurt to know that she'd missed them. But that was neither here nor there at the moment.

"We'd barely been married over a year when Selah came," she recalled, a fond smile crossing her lips. Back then, they'd made love as often as breathing, it was hardly a surprise at how quickly she'd become pregnant. "It was near dawn when I woke up, I thought she was kicking at first, but it was contractions. We were in Greece, because I was nervous and I wanted my mother. You insisted that the doctor come to us, and he said it would be awhile, because it was my first child. Selah didn't want to wait, however, and it was mere hours before I wanted to push, and the doctor had to rush over. I thought you might have to deliver her yourself! My mother tried to keep you waiting in the hallway, but you wouldn't have it. Within an hour after Dr. Antares got there, she was born." The memory made her feel at once both warm and sad, and she hoped that she'd have enough time to see her firstborn, if only for a moment.

"She only cried for a moment, and then you held her, still bloody with her little fists curled up, and she stopped. When you gave her to me, it was like the whole only existed for the three of us. I still remember how wondrous it was, to hold our child for the first time. Tell me, how is Selah? How are the others? Cyrus must be so big now!" She was still smiling, but now she had to blink back tears. "How are you?"
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1951
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Cosmina Bishop [Liz] » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Well, now she needed to move. But it was good to have a job. It was good to have something to focus on, something that could keep her from running after them and burying her face in her mother's neck and becoming a child again. Cosmina set about following her father's orders. Every minute felt like an hour.
Undesirable
The Hollows
Medical Intern
BIRTHDAY
2/ 3/1985
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Gregor Bishop » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:25 am

The distrust that molded hard lines on his face slowly melted to a restrained expression, sober from a loss deadened by time. His shoulder relaxing and slightly lowering his wand, he reached for her hand and his roughened fingertips traced the lines of her fingers, felt their heat. "How?"
The Hollows
Knights of Walpurgis
Leader
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1953
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Kyra Bishop » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:26 pm

"I don't know," she said, shaking her head. "I just ... appeared, I suppose. I have no idea how long it will last, or why I'm here." She curled her fingers so she could squeeze his hand. "I'm so glad I found you, though."
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1951
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Gregor Bishop » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:52 pm

He didn't speak. A muscle in his jaw knotted and released as he scrutinized her face with coal black eyes. The slightest of touches conveyed his intentions--a curl of his fingers the lifted her hand, the crook of his finger tracing her jaw and tilting her chin, bidding her to stand. For the first time in a long time, he was aware of his own heartbeat, and he leaned in to brush his lips with hers, testing her taste.
The Hollows
Knights of Walpurgis
Leader
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1953
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Kyra Bishop » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:57 pm

Her heart - her real, physical heart - beat faster, and she rose at his bidding. Never shy, she met his lips eagerly, no longer so worried about proving herself. If he couldn't tell from this, there would be no convincing him anyway. If nothing else, she'd seen him, touched him. She'd held Cosmina. If this was all she got, she could be content.

That didn't mean she didn't want more, however. As long as she was here, she wanted to make the most of it. Slowly, she brought one hand to rest at his side, fingers curling into the fabric of his shirt. The kiss was achingly familiar, as if no time had passed ... which for her, it hadn't.
Deceased
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1951
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Gregor Bishop » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:15 pm

His hand crushed her hair at the back of her neck and his other arm looped around her back, feeling how solid, how warm, and how real she was. Slowly, he kissed her deeper, with a restrained sort of urgency in his hunger. "Kyra," he murmured.
The Hollows
Knights of Walpurgis
Leader
BIRTHDAY
5/ 2/1953
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | twufoo