• Administrator

Happy plants make for happy employees!

Located on lvl 8 underground, the Atrium is the entrance to the Ministry and contains a lobby and reception area. All personnel must pass a security desk to access the lifts to the rest of the Ministry. Also located in the Atrium is the Ministry Munchies cafe, the St. Mungo's on-site clinic, as well as the new fountain which is currently under construction.

Happy plants make for happy employees!

Postby MD » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Nico and Alin rode riding the lift together to the Atrium, the ride was uneventful and when the doors opened, they exited.

The events immediately following weren't clear, but after a loud crack, a squeak, and a clatter, the end result was that one of the large potted plants the BUMM had placed around the Ministry had been upset. Both physically and emotionally.

Physically the plant lay on its side. The large terracotta pot had cracked in two, and the dirt inside spilled across the shiny floor. Which was less shiny because it had all that dirt on it. Dirt also spilled on their shoes, robes/clothes, and some even got into a smudge on Nico's cheek.

Emotionally, the plant sobbed. It looked like a normal muggle fern, but the leaves formed a sort of :C face and a soft crying noises came from... somewhere within.
OOC Inactive
UR FACE
Fardel's Bear

Re: Happy plants make for happy employees!

Postby Alin Drago » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:12 am

Of course the ride had been uneventful. Alin flat refused to speak with most women unless business required it of him. There was nothing in the lift that required him to speak with Nico; thus, he simply stood there and stared at the opposite wall with a decidedly displeased expression on his face.

Which only darkened when they stepped from the lift and there was now dirt on his person.

His nose wrinkled in distaste and he took a few steps back, none too pleased that there was dirt covering parts of his pastel blue dress or the pumps he wore that made him closer to five feet tall. Actually, this was going to ruin his entire day... unless someone most definitely of the male sex still complimented at some point during the day. Then he would return to his pleased self.

Just not while he was still around that wretched plant that apparently would not stop crying. Alin had no sympathy for it. "Plante și murdărie... flagelul lumea mea perfectă." Clearly, he had nothing nice to say considering the angry tone.
Ministry of Magic
International Magical Cooperation
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Postby Nico Vega » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Nico, on the other hand, had cast Alin a smile on the lift, but when he didn't respond, she went back to looking at the file she was carrying. When she saw the state of the plant, her expression immediately turned sympathetic, and she moved toward the plant right away.

"Oh, sweetheart," she said softly, and went about casting a reparo spell on the pot.
Ministry of Magic
On-Site St. Mungo's Clinic
Senior Healer
BIRTHDAY
20/ 2/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Saturday

Postby Alin Drago » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Alin was... confused, for lack of a better term. He watched Nico curiously, a rather strange expression on his face, as if he did not understand why she was helping out a plant. She had even spoken to it. Sure, the bloody annoying thing was crying, but that didn't necessarily mean it spoke any language or could understand.

"You realize that is nothing more than...a common plant, yes? There is nothing to be gained from aiding it."
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Postby Nico Vega » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Nico looked at Alin over her shoulder and said, seeming a bit confused herself.

"It's suffering," she said simply, as the pot put itself back together and she started to gather the plant's roots in her hands as gently as she could.
Ministry of Magic
Senior Healer
BIRTHDAY
20/ 2/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Saturday

Postby Alin Drago » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Well, that was an entirely unhelpful answer. He pursed his lips in response, drumming his fingers over his cheek. "And how, exactly, can you be so sure of that? A crying plant is not one I have personally come across in nature; one would assume it has been charmed somehow. What if this was true and it was some crafty ploy in which someone honestly would suffer in the end?"

... lookit that sense of trust.
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Postby Nico Vega » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:46 pm

"It seems as though," she said, as she gingerly lifted the plant, "if the plant posed some kind of threat, that someone from law enforcement or somewhere probably would be dealing with it."

Nico seemed not to notice that she was getting potting soil all over her robes.

"I mean, it's making sounds of distress, which I'm going to read as suffering. Assuming it's all part of some plot rather than just helping seems --"

She hefted the plant back into the mended pot -- "kind of convoluted."
Ministry of Magic
Senior Healer
BIRTHDAY
20/ 2/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Saturday

Postby Alin Drago » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:17 pm

"Unless such a thing had not yet been discovered... I saw no other foot prints in the dirt." Alin's entire thought process on a normal occasion was convoluted. Everything was a plot to harm him in some manner, something left behind in Emilian's legacy. Especially fucking crying plants that get dirt all over his gorgeous clothes that he just finished stitching up last night.

He pressed his lips together, still highly confused. And wishing not more damage to be done with to his dress as it had been to Nico's own attire.
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Postby Nico Vega » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:31 pm

"Well, I'm guess I'm just willing to take the risk," she said, tucking the plant back into the pot, then using a silent wingardium leviosa to levitate the dirt over the pot, careful of the plant's leaves as she willed it down little by little.
Ministry of Magic
Senior Healer
BIRTHDAY
20/ 2/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Saturday

Postby Alin Drago » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Well, with all of this, Alin couldn't figure out if Nico was the strange one, or if he was. This was getting a bit too philosophical for his liking. "Well... I suppose that is your choice then."
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Postby Nico Vega » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:18 am

"Of course it is," she said, casting a smile over her shoulder at him then smoothing the dirt down. The plant's crying seemed to be subsiding, and she gently brushed the soil off its leaves so it fell back into the pot.

"There," she said. "Isn't that better?"

Turning to Alin, she said with a smile, "A little kindness can go a long way!"
Ministry of Magic
Senior Healer
BIRTHDAY
20/ 2/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Saturday

Postby Alin Drago » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:53 am

He stared at her a bit incredulously. "A little... it's a plant!" This just was not sinking in for him. "How is this possibly going to go anywhere? Will a vine one day grab you from the air if you happen to fall from a cliff? Or perhaps some bleeding hearts will bring you back to life should you somehow perish. This all makes complete and total sense."
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Postby Nico Vega » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:08 am

Nico looked at Alin for a moment, blinking. Then, she shrugged.

"I guess I don't really look at things like this in terms of personal gain," she said, then cast a quick scourgify on the floor to clean up the excess dirt.
Ministry of Magic
Senior Healer
BIRTHDAY
20/ 2/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Saturday

Postby Alin Drago » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:39 am

"But you are the one who said... never mind then." Honestly, this was clearly just another reason he avoided women like the plague. He was being thoroughly confused by her behavior and words.
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Postby Nico Vega » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Nico shook her head and laughed. "I didn't mean 'a little kindness can go a long way' in terms of what I can gain from it, I meant in terms of improving a situation."

The plant was much quieter now -- it had subsided into sort of sniffling whimpers.

"I'm guessing we should probably get an herbologist down here to take a look at it," she said thoughtfully.
Ministry of Magic
Senior Healer
BIRTHDAY
20/ 2/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Saturday

Postby Alin Drago » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:06 am

He had no comment for that; all it would serve to do was further confuse him. However, he did have a response for the next part. "Yes, because I am damn well not touching the thing."
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Postby Nico Vega » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Nico arched a brow and smirked.

"Don't worry," she said. "No one's asking you to."

With that, she cast a quick scourgify on her robes and was good as new.
Ministry of Magic
Senior Healer
BIRTHDAY
20/ 2/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Saturday

Postby Alin Drago » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:28 pm

"Damn well better not be."

Alin was not about to cast a Scourgify on himself or his clothes. He hated the way the magic felt afterwards. A shower would be highly preferred, a bath would be even better, and he would very much like a change of clothes.
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Postby Nico Vega » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:04 pm

The plant seemed to have stabilized, and the area was all cleaned up.

"Hm... I wonder what department I should contact... I mean, it's not exactly a creature."
Ministry of Magic
Senior Healer
BIRTHDAY
20/ 2/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | Saturday

Postby Alin Drago » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:08 am

He blinked a few times and scratched at his cheek. A moment to ponder that because that was a good question.

"I... I have no idea. I would suggest Mysteries, but this might not really be in their area either."
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock