• Administrator

Close Quarters

Any random hallways, secret passages, or lifts throughout the Ministry.

Close Quarters

Postby Juniper Horne » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Juniper Horne was a woman on a mission. She was running behind getting to a briefing because some random trainee had stopped her in the hall, and trembling in his boots, asked for her feedback on... something. She didn't care to remember what it had been. Her right boot felt loose, and she glanced down at it, trying to judge whether or not she had time to stop and tie it. She didn't, so she kept walking down the hall.

Perhaps she should have been more observant, she would later reflect. Perhaps she should have taken a second to notice the person walking alongside her, and the person who had come barreling out of a disused office and slammed right into her. Then perhaps she should have caught herself before she fell into the broom cupboard with the one person whose presence she absolutely could not tolerate. But it was too late. She tripped on her loose shoelace, slammed into him, and before she really knew what had happened, the closet door slammed shut behind them. The lock clicked. "God dammit!" she exclaimed.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
18/ 9/1968
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | igodfrey

Re: Close Quarters

Postby Mikael Thurston » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Mikael was on his way to the firing range to supervise the newest trainees. He hoped they weren't too slow with the draw of their wand and the firing of their spells, because speed was everything in a dangerous situation. Speed and attention to detail. It was his attention to detail that had him adjusting his watch onto the proper setting. It had been one off when he'd put it on that morning and he believed he could feel it sliding around everywhere on his wrist. He'd stopped in the hallway, which was obviously not the wisest choice with what happened next.

Which was that he and the person who probably hated him the most got locked in a closet. Because of a trainee who had lost their footing when they came barreling into the hallway, probably late to an assessment meeting. When Juniper tripped and slammed into him, shoving him into the closet, his instinctive reaction was to bring his arms up to shield whoever it was in case they were being attacked and spells were going to be shot at them. Before he realized it was just someone tripping, the door had locked and they were stuck. He dropped his arms, trying the door and upon finding it locked, attempted an 'alohamora' to no avail. He pocketed his wand, ran a hand through his hair, and turned to Juniper. "Mm, I suppose we're stuck for the time being. Hope you weren't in a rush," he said, leaning against the wall.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Juniper Horne » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Shit. It would have to be Thurston. The simpering, collaborating bastard. She'd been about to reach for her wand when he cast 'alohamora' at the door. Not that she really expected it to work. She inched as far away from him as she could and glared as he continued. "Oh, no, of course not," she replied, the sarcasm oozing off of every word. "I would just love to spend my afternoon locked in a fucking broom cupboard."

Juniper clenched her hands into fists, jamming them into her pockets in an effort to restrain herself from punching him in the face just for existing. She could almost feel a charge in the air from her magic wanting desperately to lash out at him.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
18/ 9/1968
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | igodfrey

Postby Mikael Thurston » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:28 pm

He never could quite figure out why she had such a violent hatred of him. At least he knew that despite her hatred, he could count on her when it truly mattered. And where it truly mattered was on a raid. He didn't mind. In all honesty, he could hardly be influenced enough to give a shit whether someone disliked him or not, as long as his family was safe and happy, he didn't really care.

"Mm... Sounds like a dull way to spend the afternoon. But then again, it's not like anyone else had much to do today besides be locked in a cupboard, right?" It was almost like he couldn't help but egg her on. He could feel the tension in the air, but didn't quite care enough to do much about it. If she lashed out, she lashed out. If she didn't, she didn't. He couldn't control her, nor would he ever want to. If she did hit him, she hit him. It wasn't like there was anyone else in the broom cupboard to see, so unless he said something, it's not like she'd receive any disciplinary responses from the higher ups. And he wouldn't say anything because, again. Why would he? If it happened, it happened.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Juniper Horne » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:06 pm

'I will not strike a superior officer. I will not strike a superior officer.' It was a near constant mantra when Juniper was in his presence. Even in the middle of a battlefield, she couldn't help but hear it echo through her head. She didn't care to count how many times she had considered leaving him in whatever crazy and dangerous position he had found himself in. It was too bad, really, that she valued her job and her father's lessons over her desire to make this man's life miserable.

"Fuck me!" she said with a groan. "What the hell did I do to deserve this?" She pulled out her wand, intending to blast her way out of the closet, and then realized how bad that would look. People would assume, and she certainly didn't want them to assume. She hadn't been looking forward to the briefing, anyway. She put her wand away and pulled a coin out of her pocket, tossing it a couple times and then making it dance across her knuckles.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
18/ 9/1968
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | igodfrey

Postby Mikael Thurston » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Mikael couldn't keep the smirk off his face. He wasn't normally playful, or sarcastic, but with Juniper, it was almost a form of entertainment to see how riled up he could make her before she would punch him. So far, he hadn't gotten her to that point and it was almost disappointing, but it also meant he could continue to try. Glancing down, he saw her hands clenching and unclenching, as if she was going to punch him. He almost hoped she would.

"Mmm... You're not quite submissive enough for me, but thanks. And I'm sure you probably scared a few too many trainees, if you're looking for a reason." He couldn't help it. They were stuck here (he'd already tried 'alohamora' to no avail) so he may as well have a little fun.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Juniper Horne » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:14 pm

Oh, Juniper was seething, now. She never could deal with people playing games with her. And there it was. That stupid smirk that she was sure he must have had plastered across his idiotic face every time he presented a captive at the gates of Azkaban. She hadn't forgotten. And he knew she hadn't. It was the only reason that he could possibly have to mess with her like this. God, she needed something to do with her hands, or she really was going to punch him.

"Not submissive enough?" she said, her tone turning icy. "Not submissive enough?! Not like the ones you handed over to the Death Eaters, you mean." She didn't care if it was inappropriate. She didn't care that she'd already been talked to about bringing up sensitive topics. She was still mad, and she always would be. Her nails dug into the palms of her hands.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
18/ 9/1968
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | igodfrey

Postby Mikael Thurston » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:26 pm

Spoiler: Reaction gif show

Mikael couldn't help but sigh a little at her response as he looked over at her, pursing his lips a little. She'd gotten his attention in the conversation, and now he was actually engaging. "They were not submissive. Not many of them. Those that were were not submissive in the way I was describing. And I did not do it because of any prejudices. But you know that. We've been over this before."

He almost couldn't believe she was still on about this. They'd known each other since he started training. Not well, as their paths had not crossed often. But it had been five years since the Battle of Hogwarts, six since the Ministry had been taken over and the arrests had begun, so he'd hoped she'd be over it by now. Apparently not. He sighed.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Juniper Horne » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:09 pm

So he was going to pull out the excuses again, was he? Well, he may have convinced himself, but he was never going to convince her. "People only do what they want to," she said. "I know that, and so do you. If there was no prejudice behind what you did, then you wouldn't have done it at all. Period. End of story."

She slammed her palm down onto the shelf next to her. "I don't care if we've been over this before, you're lying to me, and you must have been lying to yourself, too!" She stood up and punched the door. "I don't know about you, but I'm getting out of here."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
18/ 9/1968
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | igodfrey

Postby Mikael Thurston » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:21 pm

Mikael sighed. Juniper was one of those people who believed what they believed and wouldn't change that, regardless of the arguments others presented her with. He rubbed at his forehead with his index finger and thumb before leaning his head back against the wall. "It is truly unfortunate that we cannot settle our differences. While I goad you on for your reactions, which I most certainly do, as they are often entertaining, I wish we could settle our differences. War makes people do strange things, things we do not always agree with. Things we would never do unless caught between protecting something we love or arresting others who have no reason to be arrested. You seem to be one of the few who are unable to get passed this. Even one of the muggleborns I arrested has become a close confidant and friend."

Leaning back against the wall again, he slid his hands into his pockets nonchalantly and waited for her to physically fight her way out of the closet.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Juniper Horne » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:17 pm

"God dammit!" Juniper swore, shaking out her hand. The door wasn't going to budge, at least not that way. She leaned all of her weight into the door. It creaked slightly. Promising. She backed up as far as she could and lunged for the door one more time.

And bounced right back off of it, toppling into a pile of cleaning supplies. "Are you just going to sit there and be useless, Thurston?" she asked, completely ignoring what he had said. Thinking about things like that too much made her uncomfortable. And Juniper didn't like to be uncomfortable. She hauled herself out of the clutter and folded her arms across her chest, glaring at him once more.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
18/ 9/1968
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | igodfrey

Postby Mikael Thurston » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:30 pm

Juniper continued to try and break her way out of the closet using brute force and it wasn't working well for her. He honestly found her determination inspiring, as well as amusing. But he wasn't going to let that show on his face; she was already upset enough with him.

"Mm... You looked quite capable of handling the situation, but if you'd like my help, I can be of assistance." He pulled his wand out and cast a patronus charm, whispering a message to it and sending it on its way to find Marcus, who would eventually arrive and let them out. Now, if only he could keep Juniper from murdering him long enough for Marcus to get there. "That should work, you think?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby twufoo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:37 pm

A Wild Poltergeist Appears!

#TrollfaceMcGee

Ninja stealth mode, as quiet as you please, Trollface spied the two stuck in the lift and snapped his stick fingers. An ominous buuuuuuuurbling noise came from Mikael's gut and from behind him came the sound of a massive fart ripping.

A miasma of foulness suddenly surrounded Mikael, spreading quickly through the lift, and Trollface disappeared without a trace.

Twu's Twerkshop
All my characters, trackers, and things.
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Postby Juniper Horne » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:03 pm

The stench quickly enveloped the small space. Juniper tried breathing through her mouth, but of course, that only allowed her to taste whatever had just happened. She gagged and pulled her shirt up over her nose, not bothering to try and hide her disgust.

"What the hell, Thurston?" she exclaimed once she stopped gagging. "Did you actually eat horseshit for breakfast?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
18/ 9/1968
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | igodfrey

Postby Mikael Thurston » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Mikael rolled his eyes at her disgust and pulled his wand out, vanishing the fumes and leaned against the wall again to wait for their rescue. "Apologies. Apparently strange Polish food does not sit well with me."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Juniper Horne » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:25 pm

"Apparently," Juniper replied, with one last roll of her eyes. "Now, who exactly did you summon to our rescue? Hopefully someone who's actually useful, or is that too much to ask?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
18/ 9/1968
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | igodfrey

Postby Marcus Grant » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Marcus snorted when he got the message. Thurston ... and Horne ... stuck in a broom closet together? He'd kinda thought Thurston was gay, but then, Horne was pretty mannish ...

Having become increasingly well-versed in the weird magical pranks that went on in the Ministry, Marcus had a suspicion that magic wasn't going to be the most helpful method of attack on the door. On his way to the rescue, he managed to talk a coworker into giving him two of the bobby pins from her classy updo thing. When he got to the closet in question, he knocked a few times and then offered (struggling to keep the amusement out of his tone), "Your white knight has arrived."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
2/ 8/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Mikael Thurston » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:25 pm

With a slight smirk, he responded to Juniper's question. "Marcus Grant," the muggleborn he'd started off having a rocky relationship with, but had eventually become very good friends with.

And Marcus took that moment to arrive and announce, with sass, his arrival. Through the door, Mikael replied, "Oh, my knight in shining. Please get me out of this dungeon and away from this angry dragon." He leaned back against the wall again and waited for Marcus to do whatever magic he would to get them out of the closet. He was quite brilliant with tough situations and had proven that before.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Juniper Horne » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:24 pm

Well, this was definitely not turning out to be Juniper's day. She shook her head. Grant to the rescue. Of course... "Great," she said. "Because we both know how useful he is..." She would never admit that Marcus had managed to impress her on at least a couple of occasions.

And then of course he had to be a sassy little bitch about it. White knights and dragons? What was the world coming to, when this was what she had to put up with at work? "Will both of you just shut up and get us the fuck out of here?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
18/ 9/1968
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'6"
PLAYER | igodfrey

Postby Marcus Grant » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:36 pm

Snickering under his breath, Marcus knelt down in front of the doorknob and used a Lumos to try to illuminate the inner workings of the lock. Which was mainly ineffective, but whatever. It probably worked in pretty much the same way that muggle locks did.

"I'm assuming you've already tried magic," he pointed out as he got started straightening out the bobby pins, "which means you're about to be really thankful for my misspent muggleborn youth. ... Jesus, did somebody let one rip in there, or what? That's fucking potent."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
2/ 8/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Liz