• Administrator

You Look Capable

Level Seven: Department of Magical Games and Sports, incorporating the British and Irish Quidditch League Headquarters, Official Gobstones Club and Ludicrous Patents Office. The Division of Magical Education, including the Wizarding Examinations Authority

You Look Capable

Postby Alin Drago » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Now, Alin's job was doing nothing more than translating documents the average British born or raised MoM employee could not. He was the one who made it so everyone could read what needed to be read after putting it into English. This, of course, could not happen when he was given a document in a language he could not do, like Spanish or Czech. But everyone still gave those to him, yup. It was the best shit ever, seriously. On rare occasions, Alin understood the document even less after putting it into English.

This was one of those occasions.

He glared at the paper as he marched away from the lift and navigated his way through everyone and everything to find himself in the middle of the Magical Games department. Clearly, he was not in the best of moods. So the author personally apologizes to the person Alin grabbed for assistance.

Who happened to be Ruaidhrì.

"Hey, are you someone who understands Quidditch? Particularly international?"
Ministry of Magic
International Magical Cooperation
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Re: You Look Capable

Postby Ruaidhrì Munroe » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:59 pm

Ruaidhri was sadly heading back to his desk after a break, still nibbling on a Chocolate Frog that wriggled feebly in his hand, when a hand hooked around his forearm and dragged him to his left. Ruaidhri left his Frog mid-lick to look at his assailant. When he got sight of her, he raised his eyebrows.

"Hey, are you someone who understands Quidditch? Particularly international?"

"Well, here's a pretty girl," he said appreciatively. His voice, as always, was low and flirty and extremely pleasing to the ear (well, to most). He collected his forearm and gave his Frog another lick. "Quidditch? Yeah I'd say so darling. What are ye after?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Intern
BIRTHDAY
20/11/1982
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | riposte

Postby Alin Drago » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:56 am

Needless to say, Alin was entirely unimpressed and it showed on his face. But whatever, he did not have time to try and convince a face he likely won't ever see again that he was, believe it or not, completely male. He didn't even like to be called a girl.

Seriously, he hated women, he did not want to be counted among their ranks.

But again, whatever, no time for this. "Some help looking at this." The letter was practically slapped into the man's hand with the force of a bulldozer, just barely reigning it in at the last moment. "I cannot tell if this is truly meant for the Magical Games department, or if it is another coded letter from an international division. Last time, it had been easy for me to tell the difference, but this is all... asinine... fucking... Quidditch lingo. Not my cup of tea thus not my area of expertise."
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"
PLAYER | Sock

Postby Ruaidhrì Munroe » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Ruaidhri didn't usually bother with the intricacies of human communication beyond what was necessary for flirting, but even he could sense her hostility. It didn't faze him though. There may have been a time in Ruaidhri's past when he'd become upset at something a stranger had said, done or thought of him, but he certainly couldn't remember it. So he took the letter from the woman's hand and glanced at it.

"Hey there, be nice about the Quidditch lingo." He looked at her, sensing she wasn't likely to be polite just on his say-so. "It'll be for yer own good. Anyone else in this department hear ye say that and ye might find boils in unpleasant places." He smiled brightly at her, then returned to the letter. "Bla bla bla, stooging, snitchnip, blatching, bla bla bla. Ah ha that was such a great game."

He continued muttering to himself for a few more moments before looking up and grinning. "Easy as, love. It's a letter for us continuing the debate about adding another foul to the rules. Apparently turning the ref into a hedgehog is the 'in' thing right now." He folded the letter up. "In fact, unless ye need it, I migh' as well take the letter from ye."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Intern
BIRTHDAY
20/11/1982
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | riposte

Postby Alin Drago » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:44 am

He arched a brow at him then took a look around the department. But, he hardly seemed to be perturbed by anything that could possibly happen, instead just smirking when no one even bothered to look at him. "People do not mess with me. Not since I threw the intern through the wall when he got a bit friendly. And the other one I just threw over my cubicle wall the other day. Prissy little bitch..."

No, he did not have an anger management issue, not in the slightest he totally did.

Though, people still liked to slip potions into his food. He always got back for it though, he knew how to get information around here.

Alin was quiet as he waited to know if the letter needed to remain in his care or not. Honestly, he was a bit relieved it wasn't another coded message about something highly illicit or... something. Again. "I have no need for it. I am merely the translator and I have no fascination in sports. If it is meant for this department, then my job is done." Seriously, that was now off his hands and it was just in time for him to be able to take a break. Lovely~ Though... he would probably have to go elsewhere to find lunch.

Again.
Ministry of Magic
Senior Linguist
BIRTHDAY
20/ 9/1976
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
4'9"