• Administrator

[complete] Abbott!

Level Seven: Department of Magical Games and Sports, incorporating the British and Irish Quidditch League Headquarters, Official Gobstones Club and Ludicrous Patents Office. The Division of Magical Education, including the Wizarding Examinations Authority

[complete] Abbott!

Postby Basil Burke » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:28 pm

"This isn't for you at all, is it?" Basil sighed wearily, depositing the rather heavy lamp he'd been carrying on a stranger's desk. It could have been a mistake, but he was leaning toward nefarious prank. "Why would you need a lamp? You've already got one. It's my fault, really, I should have known." His tone suggested that Basil didn't think it his own fault at all - he was leaning toward placing the blame squarely on this hapless stranger, even. Ordinarily, he operated under the guise of professional courtesy, but this was too much.

So Basil fixed the man with an expectant, blue stare. "Well? Do you want the lamp or not?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Misue of Muggle Artifacts Officer
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Re: Abbott!

Postby Allain Firell » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:34 pm

Allain popped his strawberry-flavored bubblegum and looked up to meet the man’s gaze. He was currently flipping through a magazine about vacuums. Allain had been thinking about getting one, but he couldn’t really think of a good reason to do so. He didn’t have a carpet…but those Dysons, man did they look cool with those swivelly-ball bodies.

His eyes kind of glazed over a second as he thought about vacuums before he remembered he was looking at someone. “Oh!” Allain grabbed the package and began to tear at it. “I needed this. Yes, it’s mine. Mine, all mine. Nobody else’s. My lamp.” He replied, twisting the lamp this way and that to get it juxtaposed just right across from his other one. He was running out of space, but…well, he didn’t really know why he wanted a second lamp. He forgot.

“Do you like lamps?”
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Lead of the Ludicrous Patents Office
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:14 pm

"Do I like lamps?" He repeated. That look could've withered a cactus. "They shine light, they're useful. That lamp was cursed, you know. It used to howl bloody murder every Tuesday at six o' clock sharp. I'm not sure it's been properly fixed - are you quite sure you want it?" Frankly, he didn't know what to make of this - where was his bloody nameplate? - Firell character.

He didn't seem all there. Or at all there. Basil scowled.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Allain blinked once. Then he blinked twice. Then be blinked several more times until the blinking could be classified as fluttering. “What…cursed? What-what-what…you mean…” He looked at the lamp again, seeing it in literally a whole new light. “That does present a problem…” He looked about as if he were searching for someone or something, then back at Basil.

“Do you know how to change the time? I mean it would be really useful for me if it-it-it was like…8 instead. I have lots of things I always forget to do at 8.”
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:09 pm

"Yes - cursed. I work for the Misuse of..." Firell continued prattling on - apparently a coherent answer wasn't what he was looking for. Basil tilted his head thirty degrees to the left, eyes narrowing. "Are you quite alright?" He'd almost forgotten his irritation in the face of this man's sheer absurdity. Almost.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:27 pm

Allain leaned back in his chair and lifted the front legs from the ground, balancing like a schoolboy would. "Well, I have had a bit of a cold lately. I keep meaning to take some kind of potion or-or-or...or something. I keep forgetting. Are you well?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:59 pm

"A cold?" Disbelief kicked his inflection upward. "You have a cold." Basil didn't even answer the question of his own health, he was too stunned. "Are you keeping the lamp, then?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:08 pm

"Why? Do you want it?" Allain asked, a little saddened that he'd be losing his new lamp so soon. Especially with that useful alarm it apparently had. He slammed his chair back down on all fours and sighed. "You-you can have it....I guess.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Basil counted to ten, steadied himself. "No, I don't want the lamp. I brought it here because I thought it was meant to go to you. Only you're not the person I was expecting to see here. If you fancy it, keep it. It's very heavy, and I'm not keen on carrying it all the way back."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:23 pm

Allain excitedly re-adjusted the lamp, but in the process he knocked a ridiculously large glass of hot coffee over, sending it splashing on the lamp deliverer.

"Oops! Sorry. I guess I'm just having one of those. Days." He flew his hair out of his face through the bottom of his lip and laughed. In the process Allain forgot to actually apologize for what he just did. He didn't even drink coffee, so he didn't know why the cup was even there!
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:28 pm

Basil saw it all happen very slowly, as if to someone else. The sweep of a clumsy hand, the mug's slow descent, an arc of black liquid.

He hissed in pain, hands flying to his ruined shirt, trying to pull it away from the skin underneath. "Bloody hell! Are you insane?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Allain cringed, he hated when people asked them that. It was just so rude! "Well that wasn't very nice. I was going to give you a lamp, you should be a little more polite." Allain scolded him, shaking a finger. "I'm the head of this department, I think I deserve a bit of respect." He picked up the coffee cup and stuck it into his desk drawer, slamming it closed.

"Now, what did you want to see me about?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:36 pm

"You can't give me a thing I already have!" He snapped, exasperated. "You've spilt hot coffee on me - all down the front of me - and I've offended you?" Basil was especially posh in his anger, like he picked up each consonant with a watchmaker's tweezers.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:38 pm

"You're right, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken your lamp from you. Now I just feel awful." Allain replied, frowning and looking at the lamp. It looked like for the good of being friendly, he'd have to let it go after all. Looking back up at Basil, Allain examined his clothes. "I've got to say, you do look a bit of a mess. How did you even get a job here with a stain like that on your front?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:46 pm

His lips compressed into a thin line, shoulders setting into a straight, horizontal plane. Basil looked away - it was his only means of curtailing the urge for violence. "There's coffee on my shirt because you just spilt it on me. Just now. Literally less than a moment ago." The tone: thin and condescending.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Allain laughed a bit, shaking his head. "You interns. The things you come up with. If I spilt coffee on you, where's the cup? Hm?" Allain crossed his arms in disbelief. If there was no cup, how could he have spilt any coffee? "It didn't just magically spill on you without a vessel to be in beforehand."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:49 pm

"You. Put. It. In. Your. Desk." A brief, pregnant pause. He didn't need to be subjected to this. "If that's all, Mr. Firell, I'll just be leaving now."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Allain paused and squinted, then slowly and strategically pulled open his desk drawer. "Huh. So I did. I feel silly." He looked back up at Basil. "How about I buy you lunch to make up for it?" Allain stood up and grabbed his coat off the back of his chair.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 pm

"Buy me lunch?" Basil couldn't always read people clearly, he didn't feel in the right way and his context was distorted. Was Firell apologizing to him or mocking him? No gift came without its price.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Allain chomped his teeth and made a gesture as if he were putting a sandwich to his lips. "Yes, food. Lunch. It's on me." He supplied, worried that this young man might be a bit thick. Who didn't know what lunch was?
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee