• Administrator

[complete] Ear Tuckers

Level Seven: Department of Magical Games and Sports, incorporating the British and Irish Quidditch League Headquarters, Official Gobstones Club and Ludicrous Patents Office. The Division of Magical Education, including the Wizarding Examinations Authority

[complete] Ear Tuckers

Postby Luna Lovegood » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:53 pm

Luna was looking under every desk in the Ludicrous Patents Office, and her long, straggly mane sweeping the floor with all that bending over and crouching and looking around. Her butt might've been in the air a lot, but with huge, woolly bohemian skirt and the fact that she had no ass, it pretty much attracted no attention whatsoever.

When Allain passed by her, she heard the footsteps headed her way and popped up from behind one of the desks, seemingly out of nowhere. Her wand was tucked behind her ear along with one of his quills. Blinking at him with innocent owlishness, she asked him, "Have you happened to see my quill anywhere?"
London
Non-Employed
Explorer & Naturalist
BIRTHDAY
22/12/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Re: Ear Tuckers

Postby Allain Firell » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Never before had Allain thought he would see a lion in person…in his very office! A multi-colored lion in…oh, no wait. That was human hair, not a mane…and a skirt, not a miraculous coat of fur. Well now he was disappointed. Striding past the person, he wondered if he’d ever see a rainbow lion, now that the concept had popped into his head. But then his train of thought was derailed by words.

“Quill?” Allain scratched his head, having himself already one tucked behind each ear. “I think you’ve got one behind your ear. Funny, though, I personally never find any in this office. They’re a rare breed…like rainbow lions or something.”
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Lead of the Ludicrous Patents Office
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Luna Lovegood » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:04 pm

"I didn't know there was a rainbow species of lion," Luna's said, wearing an expression of curiosity as she patted down the side of her head for her quill. Unfortunately, it was the wrong side of her head, and she merely pulled out her wand and gave it a funny look, her brow crinkling.
London
Non-Employed
Explorer & Naturalist
BIRTHDAY
22/12/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Allain Firell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 pm

“I didn’t know there were either.” Allain looked about and leaned forward, conspiratorially whispering “Are there rainbow lions?!” He seemed to have completely forgotten that he was the one who brought them up.

“Where did that come from?” Allain looked at the wand blankly, as surprised as Luna. “Do you mind?” He leaned forward to grab the quill she’d been searching for. “Here, it’s right here.” He said, looking about. “What department are you from anyway? Are you new here?” Idly, Allain tucked the quill behind one of his ears on top of another as if he’d forgotten it wasn’t his.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Luna Lovegood » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:08 am

"Oh, there it is..." Luna's hand practically shadowed Allain's on the way over to his ear. She plucked his quill from him and explained sedately as she tucked both it and her wand behind her ear, "I don't work here anymore, but I stop by occasionally to find the things I've lost."
London
Non-Employed
Explorer & Naturalist
BIRTHDAY
22/12/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Allain Firell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:14 am

"Like quills, or rainbow lions?" Allain asked, crossing his arms and leaning casually against a desk. He didn't remember who the particular desk belonged to, to he didn't much worry when a pile of papers was pushed to the floor. His secretary would deal with them. Wait...did he have a secretary? Allain always forgot. Glancing down at the papers, he noticed a couple of quills and snatched them up to tuck behind one of his ears. The number count had reached 3 on that side. He was now in little danger of running out of things to write with.

"We lose a lot of things around here."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Luna Lovegood » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:17 pm

"Like shoes and quills and cups and I once lost a singing f--" Luna stopped short and canted her head at him, her brows knitting together. "Why do you have so many quills in your hair?"
London
Non-Employed
Explorer & Naturalist
BIRTHDAY
22/12/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Allain Firell » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:15 am

Allain squinted. "Quills? In my hair?" He patted his head and felt the quills tucked behind his ears. "Oh. These? Well, it would be silly to walk around holding them in my hands all the time. I don't have anything to write down yet. Why do you tuck your wand behind your ear? Seems a bit dangerous."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Luna Lovegood » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:24 pm

"Perhaps it does to whoever I'm talking to," Luna agreed. "But it keeps poking me whenever I keep it in my pocket."
London
Non-Employed
Explorer & Naturalist
BIRTHDAY
22/12/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Allain Firell » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Allain stepped back a bit and to the side, just enough so that he wasn't in direct line with the wand. "If only there was a spell you could cast to hide your wand away...but then I don't know how you'd get it back..."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Luna Lovegood » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:15 pm

"My mum always said things have a way of coming back to us... but, I imagine I'd sorely miss it for the intervening months," she said with a soft smile.

Wait, where was her quill again?

She started looking around for it, the tip of her wand bobbing around and pointing directly in Allain's face as she did so.
London
Non-Employed
Explorer & Naturalist
BIRTHDAY
22/12/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Allain Firell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Allain paused and wondered what his own mum would have said about that. He hadn't really known her, so he had no point of reference. Instead, he considered his odd grandmother instead. "My nan is one of those seventh day sock adventists. You know, they think whenever a sock goes missing it's a cosmic sign? Well, she thinks once things are gone...that's it. But apparently it's a good thing." Allain shrugged.

Glancing at the quill in Luna's hair, Allain smirked. "Why don't you use your wand to find it?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Luna Lovegood » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:33 pm

"I tried and I just got this quill that isn't actually mine," Luna said, pointing at the quill currently in her hair. "Though I suppose I could be a little more specific?"
London
Non-Employed
Explorer & Naturalist
BIRTHDAY
22/12/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Allain Firell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:50 pm

"...Aren't all quills alike? I mean, maybe there's a few pointier than the other...can you describe your quill?" He crossed his arms and put a hand under his chin thoughtfully.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Luna Lovegood » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:13 am

"This one was made with a hippogriff feather, which looks exactly like most other quill feathers, but this one is sentimental," she explained, delicately removing her wand from behind her ear and preparation to cast the spell.
London
Non-Employed
Explorer & Naturalist
BIRTHDAY
22/12/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Allain Firell » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:07 pm

"Yes, I can see why you would want that one in particular, then." Allain pulled out his own wand. "Care for an extra helping hand?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Luna Lovegood » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:39 pm

"That'd be nice," she nodded, a serene smile on her lips. Then, a beat later (and maybe simultaneously?): "Accio my hippogriff feather quill."
London
Non-Employed
Explorer & Naturalist
BIRTHDAY
22/12/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Allain Firell » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:51 pm

"Accio her hippogriff feather quill!" Allain chimed in with a flourishing wave. Apparently his spell had been too vague, however, and much in the style of a Disney film, a line of feather quills sailed into the room, seemingly marching on air. "...oops..."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Luna Lovegood » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Luna's actual quill zipped out of Allain's hair and into her hand, and she caught it with a most pleased smile, blissfully unaware of the impending danger from soaring quill death all around her. "Ah, here it is...."
London
Non-Employed
Explorer & Naturalist
BIRTHDAY
22/12/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'2"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Allain Firell » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Allain held up a hand to stop the quills. They continually air-marched. He frowned and shook his wand a bit. They seemed to speed up. He quickly grabbed a chair and held it up in front of him as a shield. The quills were beginning to turn at a threatening angle. "Found it, did you?" Allain asked, rubbing the ear the quill had flown from with his shoulder. His hands were too busy holding the chair shield.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee