• Administrator

[complete] Sunny Side Up

Level Seven: Department of Magical Games and Sports, incorporating the British and Irish Quidditch League Headquarters, Official Gobstones Club and Ludicrous Patents Office. The Division of Magical Education, including the Wizarding Examinations Authority

Re: Sunny Side Up

Postby Allain Firell » Fri May 16, 2014 9:08 pm

"Now you're being mean." Allain frowned, uncrossing his hands and reaching for his new lamp to adjust it into the position of the former on his desk. The base was a little wobbly. He stared at it and moved it left...then right. Then left again. "Werewolf? No, I told you. I've got a male pregnancy. It runs in the family. My father was (likely) a pregnant man, too."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Lead of the Ludicrous Patents Office
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Fri May 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Basil raked both hands back through his hair, terminating in a long, long sigh. "Congratulations, then. I hope it has your eyes.", he spat, thrown off by the ridiculousness of it all.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Misue of Muggle Artifacts Officer
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Fri May 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Allain frowned. Was this lamp...was it smaller than the old one? Well, that wouldn't work. Not at all. "I'm going to need a different lamp. This one...it's all wrong."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Fri May 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Wordlessly, he swept one hand out, knocking the lamp clean off the desk. It thumped against the floor, and the bulb shattered.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Fri May 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Allain looked down at the lamp and then at Basil. Then he looked down at the lamp and Basil again. Then he looked down at the lamp one more time...and back up at Basil. "Is everything okay? You seem upset."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Fri May 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Basil groped for - and still didn't manage to find - any words. He sat down again, and rubbed his face. "I can't tell if you're purposefully thick or not. I really can't."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Fri May 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Allain shrugged and grinned. Grabbing his wand from his robe pocket and directing it towards the broken lamp. "Reparo." He stated calmly. The lamp flew back on the desk in the condition it was directly before Basil's outburst.

"You need to relax a bit. Take life as it comes, don't let things bug you so much. You're all wound up, like a springy thing. A spring. Something. Something like that. I used to-no, I'm lying. I was never like that. But I'm sure I wouldn't be happy if I was unhappy all the time like you are."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Fri May 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Basil wasn't sure of the validity in Firell's psychoanalysis. "Of course you wouldn't be happy if you were unhappy." Basil muttered, sighing. It didn't make sense, he wanted him to understand just how little sense it made. "I could have killed you.", he whispered.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Fri May 16, 2014 9:38 pm

"You didn't kill me, I'm right here. I mean...you know...I could have eaten waffles this morning. But I didn't, because I had pancakes instead. You just happened to have a pancake instead of a waffle, metaphorically. You know...like with a metaphor. Where pancakes represent something better than waffles."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Fri May 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Basil looked up at him, perplexed and maybe a little defeated. "Sometimes I think you're on the verge of making some sense, and then you lose me. You're right, I didn't kill you, and it's lucky. You were insane to follow me. Bloody mad."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Fri May 16, 2014 9:45 pm

"You were insane not to be locked up. Or at least somewhere much further from a road. but hey, I'm not going to judge your pancakes." Allain turned the lamp on and then off again. Then he turned it back on. "Maybe I do like this lamp after all..."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Fri May 16, 2014 9:47 pm

"It was an accident. My train was delayed, and I thought the potion - " Basil frowned, "- I was trusting it to work. It was that forest road or the train station, which do you think was better?" Really, it was a rather nice lamp. Basil had no idea where it'd come from.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Fri May 16, 2014 9:51 pm

"Who knows? Maybe everybody is crazy. If we were sane, we'd be driven mad by the fear that the gigantic rock we're on...cruising through space and time, could be destroyed by just about anything larger in the blink of an eye. I don't know what's better for you. I don't know what's better for me. I don't know what's better than butter, because frankly margarine is just...it's just terrible, Basil. Have you ever had margarine? It's almost plastic! It's only a few degrees away from plastic."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Sat May 17, 2014 8:33 pm

Basil rubbed his eyes. "So you do know my name. Yes, I've had margarine. I'm surprised you have." Firell didn't strike him as familiar with muggle food.

"Are you going to register yourself, then?" He ploughed on, as if they were carrying on a conversation that made sense.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Sun May 18, 2014 6:14 am

"My nan loves it." Allain shrugged and popped his gum. "What, me? No. Never. Not at all. I don't need that kind of trouble."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Sun May 18, 2014 3:19 pm

"It's illegal if you don't." He pointed out. Of course, there was the question of Firell revealing who'd bitten him at all. "Whatever you do. You can't say it was me. Please - you have to understand, I can't afford to be sacked. Please." Basil, it seemed, wasn't above begging. Whether or not his imploring expression was entirely genuine was really another question altogether.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Sun May 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Allain shrugged. "It's illegal, yes. But registering...well that's much more of a headache than a little white lie. But I mean, why would I tell anyone it was you if I wasn't telling anyone what happened? I'm zipping..." He made a zipping gesture over his mouth. "My lip. Barring those last two words...and this explanatory sentence...that I just said...right...now."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Sun May 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Basil stared at him, thoughtful. "I suppose I don't have any choice but to trust you. Where will you go? When you, you know." Firell was quite casual about the whole thing - Basil wasn't content he was even really aware of the situation at all. Confused, perhaps.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish

Postby Allain Firell » Sun May 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Allain's face clouded over for a moment. He'd go the same place he went when he woke up that morning...

"You don't have to worry about that detail," he said, removing his sunglasses. For an instant, merely an instant...just one. Not a moment, not a second, just an instant...he actually looked melancholy. But that went right back to happy when he began chewing his bubblegum again.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
25/ 6/1973
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Rupee

Postby Basil Burke » Sun May 18, 2014 8:05 pm

"I'm more curious than I am worried." Basil retorted smoothly, seeming to have suddenly recovered his usual composure. A part of him (a very small one) felt responsible. Basil wanted to - and did - lay the blame squarely on the other man, but the situation resonated with what scraps of sympathy he had left in him. "You were stupid to follow me, but that stupidity hardly merits the consequences."

It was almost like an apology, and perhaps the nicest thing he'd ever said to Allain at all.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
BIRTHDAY
25/12/1975
BLOOD STATUS
Squib
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Trish