• Administrator

Paper Trails

Level Seven: Department of Magical Games and Sports, incorporating the British and Irish Quidditch League Headquarters, Official Gobstones Club and Ludicrous Patents Office. The Division of Magical Education, including the Wizarding Examinations Authority

Paper Trails

Postby Elias Tolland » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:11 pm

Elias lazily flicked his wand at the stack of papers on his desk, causing them to levitate so that he could skim through them. A company accused of disregarding standard Quaffle sizes, an amateur team desperate to be allowed into the League, an application for advertising at the next World Cup...

The papers continued to drift overhead, the files he'd read floating steadily out of the office as he continued down the stack. He'd almost finished scanning the files before he noticed that they were almost all vanished into the hallway.

"Merlin's balls!" He swore, pushing himself away from his desk and dashing out into the hallway.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
British League Member
BIRTHDAY
18/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Dryope

Re: Paper Trails

Postby Astoria Greengrass [Charity] » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:51 am

Story had been siting at her desk working (if by working you mean staring at her nails and flicking her wand to change the polish til she found one that she didn't hate) as she watched the files float out of Mister Tolland's office. At first she thought he was sending them out for her to pick up...but he never called out her name so she just sat there brows quirked watching as one by one the files came through the door with no apparent reason. A smirk played on her lips as she heard him curse and run out.

"Oh were those for me?" she asked innocently.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Intern
BIRTHDAY
27/ 8/1982
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
4'10"
PLAYER | Charity

Postby Elias Tolland » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:41 pm

The escape of his papers had soured Elias' mood somewhat. As such, Story's apparent apathy towards his predicament only served to further annoy him.

"No, but I could use a little help here! Accio papers!" He waved his wand vaguely to indicate any paper that happened to be in the room, hoping that would cover everything.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
British League Member
BIRTHDAY
18/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Dryope

Postby Astoria Greengrass [Charity] » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:02 pm

"Well at first I thought those papers were for me, but then you didn't yell or tell me to get them so I figured you knew what you were doing...I mean you're the boss right?" she smiled sweetly batting her big eyes. Following his lead she waved her wand "Accio papers" only instead of the papers that he had floated out all the papers on her desk joined and she gasped before pouting.

"Now I'll have to do all that over" ...not that she had done the filing to begin with.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Intern
BIRTHDAY
27/ 8/1982
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
4'10"
PLAYER | Charity

Postby Elias Tolland » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:32 pm

The enchanted papers smacked Elias in the face as he and Story both cast spells on them, and he swatted them away.

"Ughhh. I think we're going to have to go through them by hand." He groaned, handing half the stack to her. Sure, it was his mess, but she was the intern, so she ought to help....right?
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
British League Member
BIRTHDAY
18/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Dryope

Postby Astoria Greengrass [Charity] » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:00 pm

She couldn't help but giggle as the papers flew up and smacked Elias in the face and he batted them away. Standing up, maybe a big closer than she should have she looked up at him and batted her eyes taking half of them. "But Mister Tolland," she asked softly, "doesn't that mean we have to stay late...I have plans tonight." she pouted. Normally Uncle Jack couldn't get her out of stuff like this and she looked around hoping he'd step in, but he was no where to been seen. She really wanted to go out with Pansy tonight and going through these stupid papers by hand just sounded miserable.

Maybe he'd ask her to get coffee and she could just get lost again if they were going to be there late...
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Intern
BIRTHDAY
27/ 8/1982
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
4'10"
PLAYER | Charity

Postby Elias Tolland » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Sorting all the papers by hand very well might make them late, but Elias felt that he was clearly too tired for spellwork right now when he'd just butchered two easy ones in a row.

"We'll only be here all night if you keep standing there," He told her, opting for heartless as he began flipping through papers. Already he'd begun two stacks, one for his papers and one for hers.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
British League Member
BIRTHDAY
18/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Dryope

Postby Astoria Greengrass [Charity] » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Flopping back in her chair with a sigh she glared up at him and held out her hand for a stack of papers making a frustrated whiny sound. It wasn't fair that she was his little work bitch. She had other things that needed to be taken care of instead of... looking down she saw something about broom handle width continuity. She didn't care that he didn't want to use spell work as she flicked her hand over each piece of paper move it to a pile that made no sense but seemed like she was doing something.

"So don't you have something better to be doing? I mean...like a date or something? Or cocktails or like....I dunno having a life?" she asked conversationally.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Intern
BIRTHDAY
27/ 8/1982
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
4'10"
PLAYER | Charity

Postby Elias Tolland » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:26 am

Astoria sure was mouthy for an intern. He grimaced at her tone and said, "Good point. I'll let Maisie know I'm gonna be late. Just like you could do for your date."

He didn't ask whether or not she minded if he borrowed her quill and paper, because she was being obnoxious and also she was the intern so of course he could borrow it. Instead he leaned over to grab them from her desk, scribbling a note to his wife to let her know not to wait up. Of course, she probably would hang around anyway, just to see if she could get more work done than he had.

Which she probably would, since these papers had taken way longer than he'd intended.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
British League Member
BIRTHDAY
18/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Dryope

Postby Astoria Greengrass [Charity] » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Giving a sigh she sat down and kept flicking her hand over the papers, this time distributing them into three piles alphabetically by the name on the top hoping that it was what he wanted her to do. Shaking her head story looked up, "I don't have a date..." George hadn't found her after the debacle in the Atrium and Merlin knows what was going on with Draco. So the only one she had waiting for her was Pansy at their normal after work bar. Scribbling a quick note with loopy girly hand writing she sent it out Mister Tolland is keeping me late. This sucks. Drink a few for me. and sent the paper airplane on its way.

Turning back she starter flicking her hand again and watching the papers, glad he wasn't sending her for coffee...again.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Intern
BIRTHDAY
27/ 8/1982
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
4'10"
PLAYER | Charity

Postby Elias Tolland » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:59 pm

"Didn't you just tell me you did have a date?" Elias asked as he absentmindedly sorted his own piles. "Lying isn't very professional."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
British League Member
BIRTHDAY
18/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Dryope

Postby Astoria Greengrass [Charity] » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:40 pm

"I said I have plans. Not a date. Which I do have plans, with a girl who is a friend to go get drinks." she sighed flicking a paper into his pile. What she wanted to say was making people do your work because you were too preoccupied thinking about others things to realize that you messed up in unprofessional. But she didn't, instead she sat looking more bored than anything ever in the whole wide wizarding world.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Intern
BIRTHDAY
27/ 8/1982
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
4'10"
PLAYER | Charity