• Administrator

Heat Seekers

Level Seven: Department of Magical Games and Sports, incorporating the British and Irish Quidditch League Headquarters, Official Gobstones Club and Ludicrous Patents Office. The Division of Magical Education, including the Wizarding Examinations Authority

Heat Seekers

Postby Conrad Verner » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:36 pm

Conrad had lost a draft of his latest Drarry slash fic while he was cleaning here. Heat Seekers, he called it. After a tense game of quidditch that was about 10% playing, 90% eye fucking, Harry and Draco met up on the quidditch pitch late at night and argued heatedly over the results. Increasingly distracted by each others' chiseled good looks and long penetrating gazes, their argument took a sexy turn. The next few pages featured hot man on man action, strained metaphors, and every penis euphemism imaginable. He also worked in the titular line in what he thought was a rather poetic manner (hint: the heat was in their butts).

In all likelihood, the slash fic had fallen out of his robe or he had put it down somewhere and merely forgotten to pick it back up. However, the longer he looked for the, the more certain he became that foul play was involved. Maybe a ravenous fan had stolen his work. Or worse! Someone with devious plans to use it for a competing slash fic site.

When Conrad came to Morgan's office, he was in stealth mode, which meant conspicuously peeking around the corner and into her office with a suspicious, pinched expression. He lingered there a while, scouring the area for his precious fic.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Maintenance and Support
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | twufoo

Re: Heat Seekers

Postby Morgan Pendergast » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:34 am

Morgan had been expecting to have a boring day at work. Not that this was a bad thing. Usually an exciting day meant things like setting up for the World Cup, (which hadn't been held in the U.K. since Ireland v. Bulgaria) and that meant long hours and travelling to different locations. No thank you. Morgan was perfectly content to sit at her desk and read reports about new proposed safety regulations or the analytics of ticket sales for various teams and what that meant in terms of merchandising.

Yep, that was what she wanted to do.

But when she walked into her office that morning, she saw a stack of pages on the floor. Thinking that someone had slid something under the door for her, she picked it up and started reading. She hadn't got more than two sentences in before she realized that this, whatever it was, was definitely not meant for her.

Oh well, too late now.

She tucked in with glee, enjoying the story immensely. Without really thinking about it she had grabbed a quill and some red ink and started proofing it. Nothing major, just correcting a minor misspelling here and a misplaced comma there. She underlined the places where transitions didn't seem to work as well as they could (taking time to write suggestions in the margins). Twice she changed a word for a synonym with slightly different connotations that were more fitting to the situation at hand.

As she finished, she saw someone peering around her office door, and generally just skulking about the corridor. He looked familiar. Ah! Yes! He was one of the cleaning staff. That was where she knew him from. Then...could he be the one who wrote this? Talent did come in many different packages, she supposed.

She smiled at the young man as she asked, "Are you looking for something?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
Lead of the British and Irish Quidditch League
BIRTHDAY
27/ 4/1972
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Kitt

Postby Conrad Verner » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:01 am

"Aah--aaaaffimative, milady." Conrad spoke slooooowly and with the halting pace of someone who was very bad at lying, glancing at the ceiling as he tried to think of what to say next. "Myyyyyyyy(?) friend! Left a manuscript of his, her! Herrrrrrrr writing somewhere around here, and I thought that, mayhaps, perchance, I might find it for... her?"

As he spoke, he slowly rose to his tippy toes and peered "innocuously" at what Morgan was reading.
Ministry of Magic
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Morgan Pendergast » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Morgan was the mother of an eleven year old. She knew when she was being lied to. Her face gave nothing away, however, as she nodded along to Conrad's stammered explanations. "If this is it, you should tell your friend that she is very talented." She offered the pages to Connor. "It was an entertaining read. Does your friend have any more of these?" She gave Connor a big smile, hopefully showing her sincerity.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
27/ 4/1972
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Kitt

Postby Conrad Verner » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:59 pm

"Really?" Conrad's face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning as he took the pages back and hugged them to his chest. "I--um, I mean, she, of course she does!. I mean--," he cleared his throat and gathered himself primly, "--I'd have to ask first, but tis most certain she has more. Did you really like it?"
Ministry of Magic
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Morgan Pendergast » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:43 pm

He really was adorable, in a puppy or teddy bear sort of way, when he grinned like that. "Oh, yeah. And it would be great to read more." Morgan paused, not sure how to approach this next part delicately. The pause was only a second. "I, uh, made a few suggestions of my own, if that's okay."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
27/ 4/1972
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Kitt

Postby Conrad Verner » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Conrad's emotions played clearly across his face. Delight, shifting quickly to confusion. Dismay. His gaze snapped down to the sheets, and he rifled through them.

"But...." His mouth slacked open breathlessly, eyes ping ponging as he took in all the horrible red marks on his work of art. He gulped, pointed to where she had circled his third use of the word "throbbing," and protested weakly, "The original words are important!"
Ministry of Magic
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Morgan Pendergast » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:27 am

This had been exactly the reaction Morgan had been hoping to avoid. "Oh, please don't be upset. I was only trying to help." Morgan's expression was pained. She was never good with confrontation, at least not when she wasn't playing quidditch. "This story is like a gem--a diamond!" Geez, she was babbling like an idiot, but she pressed on. "And I just wanted to polish it a little. Was that--was that not okay?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
27/ 4/1972
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Kitt

Postby Conrad Verner » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:41 pm

"Every word was carefully chosen," he said in a prim, wavering voice. Hugging the manuscript to his chest like an injured bird, he lifted his chin and sniffed. "Besides, how can you even polish 'throbbing' to something better? It's the perfect word."
Ministry of Magic
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Morgan Pendergast » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:05 pm

This really wasn't getting better. Morgan really had just wanted to help, and she'd just gone and screwed everything up. "I'm sorry." It was the only thing she could think to say. She ran a hand through her blonde hair. "Really, really sorry." And really, perhaps she should have let it go, but his insistence about the perfect word bugged her. "It's a great word. Really top-notch. But three times on one page is...a lot of perfection. Pulsing, maybe? Or trembling? Quivering?" Morgan trailed off, unsure of where she was going with this.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
27/ 4/1972
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Kitt

Postby Conrad Verner » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:21 am

"Quivering is all wrong, though," he argued in a tiny voice. "It doesn't have that achey, needy, you know, throbbing feel to it. And pulsing seems more like how you'd describe a heart. Oh! I guess I could use--I mean, I guess I could tell her to use it as a metaphor... hmmmmmmmmm."

Looking at the papers once more, he read through the corrections, mulling over each one. "Does it really go with 'obelisk' though?"
Ministry of Magic
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Morgan Pendergast » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:54 pm

"I was only making a suggestion?" Morgan offered weakly, coming around behind to re-read over Conrad's shoulder. "But I think your friend was right on that one to begin with. 'Shaft' is definitely the better word, I take 'obelisk' back. And maybe 'turgid' works better than 'quivering'?" Morgan's face was scrunched up in concentration. She had never been a particularly talented writer. "You're the, I mean your friend is the writer. She should do what she thinks is best. The bottom line is that I think this is amazing."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
27/ 4/1972
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Kitt

Postby Conrad Verner » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:28 am

"You really think so?" Looking at her with hopeful, injured puppy eyes, his lips twitched and slowly pressed into a tight, squiggly-lipped smile. Lubdublubdublubdub went his heart. "Because, um, I can ask her for more tales such as these! I mean, to say, perchance, if you would like to read more--?"
Ministry of Magic
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Morgan Pendergast » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:14 pm

The idea of reading more of these was very appealing, and Morgan's face lit up at the offer. "Yes! I would absolutely love to read more, if I can." She knew writers and artists tended to be a little protective and secretive with their work, and she understood.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
27/ 4/1972
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Kitt

Postby Conrad Verner » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:35 am

"Oh, indubitably!" Conrad beamed. Slowly backing away, he stammered, "I'll... I'll go tell her she has a new fan!"

With that, he ran off and quite nearly clicked his heels once he made it around the corner.

~*~*~*~*~

Conrad came back the next day with a stack of salacious stories to pore over together, which lasted for a good couple weeks of discussing the finer points of the Drarry dynamic. By the time they finished with the old, he had written some new material and was currently going over it was Morgan during her lunch break.

The new story, entitled Forbidden Howl, was still in draft form. It was a tale about Harry and Draco meeting up in the Forbidden Forest time and time again due to a shared detention, the slow dramatic buildup of sexual tension between them, and finally its explosive conclusion on the night of a full moon when a pack of very beautiful wolves chased them into a cave where they huddled together in terror and then sizzling lovemaking and then were joined by the wolves in a big gay orgy. Later, it was revealed that the wolves were actually super intelligent Drarry shippers led by a wolf named Wolf Wolf who had conspired to drive the two lovers together because even they could see the ust burning between them. Also because they had a bet on who would top (it was Draco, btw).

Conrad watched Morgan read it from the edge of his seat, excited and hopeful. "So? What do you think?"
Ministry of Magic
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Morgan Pendergast » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:04 pm

The next few weeks were fantastic. She looked forward to her lunch break each day, and to Conrad in general. The stories were amazing, of course, though she continued to pretend that she didn't know he was the author. He was so talented.

After reading over Forbidden Howl Morgan was again blown away by the writing. His pacing was perfect. Just the right amount of suspense and build-up. And that ending? Wow.

Morgan beamed over at Conrad. "Brilliant as usual. I'd say this is the best one yet." All of a sudden, Morgan had an idea. "Your friend. She isn't interested in publishing, is she? These would make a great little anthology." Morgan knew a few people in publishing from her so-called glory days as a quidditch star. She still received the occasional owl pestering her about writing a memoir about her career and the injury that ended it. So far, Morgan had refused, not being much of a writer, and not trusting anyone else to get it right. "She'd probably have to change the names though."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Games and Sports
BIRTHDAY
27/ 4/1972
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'9"
PLAYER | Kitt

Postby Conrad Verner » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Conrad gasped and placed a hand over his heart while his inner goddess did backflips.

"Y-you really think I--she could publish?"
Ministry of Magic
Janitor
BIRTHDAY
31/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"