• Administrator

[complete] Nap time?

Level Five: Department of International Magical Co-operation, incorporating the International Magical Trading Standards Body, the International Magical Office of Law and the International Confederation of Wizards, British Seats.

[complete] Nap time?

Postby Janice Randall » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:11 am

Janice had just stepped into the International Magical Office of Law offices when the world tilted and she passed out. Her body crumpled to the floor at the feet of Oswin Callow. The file she had in her hand, maroon folder about a half an inch thick, fluttered to the side and several pages scattered as she fell in most ungraceful manner. And, worse, her hair got all messed up.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
Senior Administrative Clerk
BIRTHDAY
6/ 1/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | MD

Re: Nap time?

Postby Oswin Callow » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:23 am

'Merlin's bloody beard,' Oswin blurted out, slamming his teacup down on top of his filing cabinet and falling to his knees next to Janice. His suit jacket stretched across his back as he loomed over her, eyebrows knitted together. 'Janice?' he said, slightly louder than usual. He tapped the side of her face. 'Janice, are you alright?'
Ministry of Magic
International Magical Cooperation
Lead of the International Magical Office of Law
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1957
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | Peggy

Postby Janice Randall » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:33 am

Janice moaned a little, head rolling to the side as he poked it. She batted at it, the incoherent sounds turning irritated. She was waking up, but not yet conscious enough to respond with words or open her eyes, but her hand did flutter up to her hair in an attempt to smooth it that only made it worse.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BIRTHDAY
6/ 1/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | MD

Postby Oswin Callow » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 am

'No, no, leave your hair alone, just lie still,' Oswin ordered, shrugging awkwardly out of his jacket. He tucked the arms in neatly and rolled it up, placing it underneath Janice's head. 'Lie still, that's it,' he said, pulling his wand out and summoned an empty glass from his desk, filling it with water after a muttered 'Aguamenti.' He dipped his fingertips into the water and flicked some at Janice's face. 'Janice?'
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1957
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | Peggy

Postby Janice Randall » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Janice finally opened her eyes, only to close them when the water was flicked. "Hey" she protested, or tried too, but her brain was still all fuzzy and it came out like "n-uuuh" She swallowed, licked her lips, and tried again. "Wa happ'nd?" A little better.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BIRTHDAY
6/ 1/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | MD

Postby Oswin Callow » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:25 pm

'You fainted, as far as I can tell,' Oswin said, pushing his glasses up his nose. 'Are you alright? Are you comfortable? Do you have a concussion? Have you eaten today? Might you have ingested anything harmful or poisonous?'
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1957
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | Peggy

Postby Janice Randall » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:34 pm

"No..." she said thickly, and shook her head to clear it. Fainted? Janice didn't faint. Janice was a tall, strong, proud woman. Okay, so she was short, but she was definitely those other two things. "Someone must've hexed me." She was pleased to hear her voice was more solid and less... wishy washy.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BIRTHDAY
6/ 1/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | MD

Postby Oswin Callow » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:41 pm

Oswin narrowed his eyes suspiciously. 'Are you sure?' he said, offering her the glass of water. 'I don't see any reason why someone would want to hex you, and certainly not during the working day. There are rules about this kind of thing.'
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1957
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | Peggy

Postby Janice Randall » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:57 pm

"Well I certainly didn't faint." She said, her tone a bit waspish as she sat up and took a drink of the water.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BIRTHDAY
6/ 1/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | MD

Postby Oswin Callow » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:07 pm

'You collapsed on my office floor,' Oswin said incredulously. 'I think we ought to go to first aid.'
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1957
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | Peggy

Postby Janice Randall » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:21 pm

She wanted to argue out of principle. She was embarrassed and angry, but even in her irritable state she couldn't find a good reason to disagree with him. "Fine," She said, hand raising to smooth her hair again. Godric, it must be a mess. As she did, Janice saw a piece of paper and remembered the file in her hand. "My file!" She lamented, and reached to gather the scattered pages. Order to her files being the only thing that could distract her from her mussed hair.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BIRTHDAY
6/ 1/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | MD

Postby Oswin Callow » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:30 pm

'Look, it's alright, don't bother about that, now,' Oswin soothed, laying his hand on top of hers to stop her moving about too much. He waved his wand and the pages slipped back into the file, not in order but at least loose at the front so they could be dealt with easily. 'There. Do you think you'll be able to walk?'
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1957
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | Peggy

Postby Janice Randall » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:45 pm

The file recovery did allow her to relax a little. Sure the pages were properly out of order (this was less a slight on his magic and more Janice's unwavering belief that her filing was superior to all others) but they were all there, and she could fix it later. "Yeah, I can walk." She agree, moved to stand, only to wobble and fall into him.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BIRTHDAY
6/ 1/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | MD

Postby Oswin Callow » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:54 pm

'I've got you,' Oswin said automatically, catching Janice underneath the armpits and trying to steady her. He wasn't bad in a crisis; the lack of thinking time didn't give him the opportunity to be a smart-arse or to come out with anything sarcastic. 'Do you want me to call one of the technicians?'
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1957
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | Peggy

Postby Janice Randall » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:02 am

Janice scowled and shook her head, which turned out to be a bad call because it throbbed and the world tilted again. She managed to stay on her feet though, so that was progress. "No, no. I can," She started to say again but that would be just a lie. "Can you just walk me down?" She didn't know why he was better than a tech, other than he was there and solid and she had the rather illogical thought if he let go, she'd pass out again.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BIRTHDAY
6/ 1/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | MD

Postby Oswin Callow » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:00 pm

'Well-- yes, if that's what you'd prefer,' Oswin said, still looking at her warily. 'Are you sure you wouldn't rather be examined here? I can easily memo one of the technicians, or send somebody to get one of them.'
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1957
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | Peggy

Postby Janice Randall » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:25 pm

"The tech could come up here?" She frowned, having misunderstood what he was saying. "Um, okay?" It was hardly a definitive statement.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BIRTHDAY
6/ 1/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | MD

Postby Oswin Callow » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:25 pm

'Well, it's up to you, of course,' Oswin said, still supporting the majority of Janice's weight. 'I don't mind one way or the other, but I do insist you receive a proper examination.'
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1957
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | Peggy

Postby Janice Randall » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:55 am

"I don't... think i can walk." She finally admitted with some difficulty. Partly b/c she felt bad but mostly because she hated being wrong.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BIRTHDAY
6/ 1/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'3"
PLAYER | MD

Postby Oswin Callow » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:17 am

Alright, let's get you sat down in that case,' Oswin said, gently leading her back towards his desk. He pulled out his dragonhide chair and used his wand to keep the wheels from moving. 'As soon as you're comfortable I'll send a memo to one of the technicians.
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
22/11/1957
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | Peggy