• Administrator

The oldest institution

Level Five: Department of International Magical Co-operation, incorporating the International Magical Trading Standards Body, the International Magical Office of Law and the International Confederation of Wizards, British Seats.

The oldest institution

Postby Melania Ogden » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Melania sat at her desk, which was covered in paperwork, replying passive-aggressively to an owl sent by her husband. Ex-husband.

Kermit,

Regardless of your upcoming nuptials (and do give Trinette my warm regards), they are no excuse to delay my alimony, and I expect to receive a receipt from Gringotts the second the funds are distributed. Failure to comply will result in your arrest, and nothing would make me happier than to see you in bars on your wedding night. Which will be a huge step up from our own, nearly four years ago to the day. I'm sure Trinette will survive without the firework display.

Enjoy each other during this wonderful time,

Melania Ogden

With a kissing noise to the great horned owl that sat on its perch, bright orange eyes blinking slowly, she handed him the parchment. Unfortunately, when it came to divorce, there were good parts as well as bad, and Orion technically belonged to Kermit. After feeding him an owl treat, she sent him on his way, folding her arms and looking out the window at the people below.
Ministry of Magic
International Magical Cooperation
Wizard Lawyer
BIRTHDAY
15/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7''
PLAYER | Winter
TRACKER

Re: The oldest institution

Postby Vladimir Torqueo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Why oh why did he put on his resume that he was fluent in Romanian. He should have just left it at English and that was it. Now he was always called to this damn department to join hands and get along with others from around the globe. There was no problem with unity, he liked the idea, he just didn’t like working in a room of old men all day. Also keeping in mind these men were so fond of him that they always wanted to go out and see muggle and wizard London.

Vlad looked down at the box of Romanian sweets in the box that he had, frowning at the pieces of chocolates that were scurrying around. They were shaped like little bugs and enchanted to move like them also. Probably has the real thing inside.. He thought bitterly staring into the box.

A large crowd came bustling towards him, his hands moving the box into the air to avoid tipping it over, but of course there was that one person that always seemed to look in every other direction but the one they were walking in. The person bumped into him causing the box to fall from his hands. The neatly wrapped chocolates began to crawl under the door to one of the many offices, disappearing beneath the frame. He scowled and walked towards the door, knocking a bit before entering.

“My apologies… I’ve dropped some gifts for the Romanians and they crawled under your door,” he said looking at the woman.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
10/ 5/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Sarah

Postby Melania Ogden » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Melania looked up, seeing the bug-like chocolates crawling underneath her door. She shrieked, jumping up onto her chair, and when the door open, her wand was out, her heavily-kohled eyes wide and her hand trembling.

She hated insects, and was breathing heavily out of fear. "Get--get them." she pleaded, moving now onto the desk. Melania didn't really care what or who they were for, her eyes were following the little things as they slowly made their way toward her desk.
Ministry of Magic
Wizard Lawyer
BIRTHDAY
15/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7''
PLAYER | Winter
TRACKER

Postby Vladimir Torqueo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:33 pm

Now that he looked at the woman he recognized her. He had heard about her being one of the best but toughest Wizard Lawyers in the Ministry. Rumors went around that she ate nails for breakfast and had a heart made out of ice. Even her every day face screamed 'no nonsense’. However, at that very moment her face and actions were screaming something else. Utter terror. A smirk cracked on his face as he tried to keep the laughter in. Her display of fear reminded him of Regina and her silly fear of animals.

"I'll take care of it," he said as he waved his wand towards the chocolate beetles returning them to the box that he held in his hand. He gave the woman a grin and raised an eyebrow. " Afraid of beetles?" He asked with a grin plastered on his face now.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
10/ 5/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Sarah

Postby Melania Ogden » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:44 am

Melania saw no humor in the situation and began swearing in Bulgarian. "I am not afraid. I just dislike them." There she was, a thirty year-old woman, up on a chair and moving onto her desk in those high heels she coveted, afraid like a child of a chocolate-charmed beetle. It was hilarious, but Melania was as white as a sheet.
Ministry of Magic
Wizard Lawyer
BIRTHDAY
15/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7''
PLAYER | Winter
TRACKER

Postby Vladimir Torqueo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:34 pm

He caught a bit of what she said. It wasn't Romanian , but it was Bulgarian. Vlad caught something along the lines of her not being afraid, but her actions betrayed her words. He smirked and shook his head, cleaning up the rest of the chocolate beetles with a flick of his wand, setting the box down on the ground. Vlad walked towards her and gave her a charming smile.

"May I help you down...they're all gone now..." He said holding up his hand for her to take.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
10/ 5/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Sarah

Postby Jay » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:41 pm

A shiny green sprig of mistletoe has appeared above your heads!

#mistletoe
OOC Inactive

Postby Melania Ogden » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:47 am

Glowering, Melania begrudgingly accepted the man's hand. The least he could do, after invading her sanctuary was help her down, so perhaps his manners weren't as bad as she thought. Before she could step down, she noticed the mistletoe appear above and swore again in her native tongue.

"Of course." she grumbled, as she slowly stepped down off her chair.
Ministry of Magic
Wizard Lawyer
BIRTHDAY
15/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7''
PLAYER | Winter
TRACKER

Postby Vladimir Torqueo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:42 am

This was comical. This had to be the third woman he was going to kiss within the ministry. It was amazing that no one had filed a sexual lawsuit against the people that started this mistletoe catastrophe. It might happen with this lady...she is the rumored cold hearted lawyer... He was a bit hesitant to go along with the mistletoe feeling that it would be better to just take the punishment that came with not kissing her. Then again he didn't care much for painful boils. Vlad sighed and waited until she stepped off the chair before placing a kiss on her lips. He smirked a little and gave her another kiss before releasing her hand and stepping away.

"There...we are both safe now."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
10/ 5/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Sarah

Postby Melania Ogden » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Melania gave Vladimir a look that would hopefully turn him to stone. She stepped away from him then, straightening her blazer, muttering things that were unintelligible. "And you can leave, now--and take those, things with you."
Ministry of Magic
Wizard Lawyer
BIRTHDAY
15/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7''
PLAYER | Winter
TRACKER

Postby Vladimir Torqueo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:20 am

Vlad gave her a big grin when she told him to leave. Oh, he was wounded slightly by her lack of thankfulness. However, he was intrigued by her. Normally he was interested by the innocent, sweet and quiet woman, never one that was well known for being a bitch. He smirked at her and tilted his head a little bit.

"Honestly you would think a woman of your position would know how to thank someone," he murmured with a smirk. " But it's quite alright." He said his eyes going towards the name plate on her desk. Melanie Ogden. He wondered how many times she had heard the firewhiskey joke throughout her life. He couldn't stand Ogden's firewhiskey, disgusting watered down spit is what he thought of the flavor. " A woman of your position should smile more often maybe less people would be afraid of you." He looked around her office and raised an eyebrow.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
10/ 5/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Sarah

Postby Melania Ogden » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:04 pm

"I rely on fear to do my job." the fierce litigator spat, narrowing her eyes and resisting the urge to wipe her lips. "My gratitude has been illustrated by the fact that all of your limbs are still intact." Melania hissed through her teeth. When the first mistletoe started to appear, Melania, like most normal-minded people, fled to her office, and worked mostly from there until the dreaded spell ran it's course.

She already planned a thorough, thorough thrashing of BUMM when it was over. They would be lucky to still be employed by the end of the season.
Ministry of Magic
Wizard Lawyer
BIRTHDAY
15/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7''
PLAYER | Winter
TRACKER

Postby Vladimir Torqueo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Vlad heard her words and his eyebrow rose slowly. His hand rose up and spread across his heart, giving her a fake pained expression. Her words could easily cut an unconfident man in half and leave him contemplating suicide. However, Vlad was highly confident in himself and this woman, although she wasn’t his type, seemed like a challenge. A challenge that he was willing to take just to see this woman smile or blush.

“Oh Come, come Miss Ogden no need for such harsh words towards me,” he said with a pout. “ All I wanted was a small ‘ thank you’ …now is that so hard?” He asked waving his wand and pulling out two of the chocolate beetles. He walked towards her holding the moving chocolates in his hand smiling as they wiggled. “ As a token of my apology for barging in to save my chocolates or a simple thank you will make me leave."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
10/ 5/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Sarah

Postby Melania Ogden » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:28 am

Melania's eyes widened as Vladimir advanced, holding one of the chocolate bugs, looking a little green around the gills. "Fine. Thank you for interrupting what would otherwise have been a nice day." She inhaled deeply, trying to keep her temper in-check and actually put meaning behind those words.
Ministry of Magic
Wizard Lawyer
BIRTHDAY
15/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7''
PLAYER | Winter
TRACKER

Postby Vladimir Torqueo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Her gratitude was shit. It needed a lot of work. He almost rolled his eyes at her, but stuck with a tongue in cheek grin. Vlad waved his wand at the moving chocolates and set the now immobile harmless pieces of chocolates on her desk.

"I highly doubt you were having a good day before I stepped into your office," he murmured more to himself, but was sure that she heard him. He kept a friendly look on his face, but someone like her needed to learn to learn repsect for others.Lawyer or not, she still needed to be nice. Afterall he did save her from having a potential heart attack. " I mean it would be bad for your reputation if someone let it slip about your fear of bugs," he said , shrugging. " Nah...you're probably not one to care for reputations .. I'm sure you wouldn't mind that type of information getting out." Now you're just being mean.... you can't always tease women like this... It was something he did often with his sister. Her fear of animals made him buy one just to get her out of that idea that all animals were evil. Why not get a puppy and progressivley help her out.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
10/ 5/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Sarah

Postby Melania Ogden » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:05 am

"I do not care for the opinions of others." Melania shot back. "If you have no further reason to be here, I would like it if you left." She eyed the chocolates left on her desk repulsively, and resolved to set them on fire as soon as the interloper was out-of-range.
Ministry of Magic
Wizard Lawyer
BIRTHDAY
15/ 3/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7''
PLAYER | Winter