• Administrator

[complete] Rubble, Wounds, and Riesling

Level Five: Department of International Magical Co-operation, incorporating the International Magical Trading Standards Body, the International Magical Office of Law and the International Confederation of Wizards, British Seats.

[complete] Rubble, Wounds, and Riesling

Postby Noël Hellebore » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:56 pm

Well that little luncheon didn't go as planned. He thought it would be such a lovely little surprise: bringing work-laden Kazi a little French picnic to his office, complete with fancy bread and cheese and wine. A few candles for decoration, and a lovely blanket to roll out and present it all on.

And then they'd toss all the food off the blanket and go to town. Yeah he was a real romantic like that.

At first everything seemed to be going well. A little kiss for Kazi. Setting up lunch. Making idle chat about sweet nothings.

And then the room exploded.

And everything went black.

When Noel came to there was a sharp ringing in his ears. He couldn't feel his legs and there was a jagged pain in his shoulder. Only flecks of light were getting through to him beneath the rubble.

"Ugh...." he moaned. "K...Kazi? Kazi?!"

#TrialByFireSpinoff
#Kazel
Last edited by poof on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BUMM Member
BIRTHDAY
30/11/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | poof

Re: Rubble, Wounds, and Riesling

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:40 pm

Eyes were closed and he could hear the wind. Kazimir wondered when he and Noël had gone outside. Something fell on his face and he opened his eyes and brushed at his cheek, about to warn his lover that he thought it was going to rain.

Rubble moved with his hand, his eyes took in what was left of his once beautiful office. Holy fucking Merlin.

He nearly panicked, trying to get out from under the pieces of wall and desk he was under. Noël, he had to get to Noël. The picnic had been so lovely, but now... were they in hell? Was his lover alright. He tried to call out and instead only coughed.

But then through the sounds of havoc all around he heard that beloved voice. Shaken, and a moan. "I'm here love. Where are you?" He arm was pinned and his chest hurt something awful, a glance showing many shallow cuts and scrapes. A little wiggling and he'd get free, he'd get to his lover, but first he needed to hear the other man's voice just one more time. "Are you hurt badly?" Please be okay.
Ministry of Magic
International Magical Cooperation
Lead of the International Magical Office of Law
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Noël Hellebore » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:28 am

Oh sweet mercy! He could hear that beautiful, sexy, perfect voice...from somewhere. Why couldn't he just be right beside his Kazi? Ah, yes, because then they'd both be stuck under a pile of office and that wouldn't be a very fine situation for either of them.

"Um...I'm somewhere between," he looked at his surroundings as best as he could. "A portion of your desk...and a lot of wall. Yes quite a lot of what appears to be wall on top of me."

He coughed.

"Have I ever mentioned how lovely the wall color was? Because upon such close inspection I really feel it suits the - AH!" Sharp pain in shoulder made worse. Not good.

"Ah...yes...there's a bit of a...something stabby in my shoulder. And...well I can't seem to feel much in my general leg region. Other bits below the waist seem to be in pain though, so sensation remains."

He coughed and winced as the pointy thing wiggled in his shoulder.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BUMM Member
BIRTHDAY
30/11/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:31 pm

A portion of his desk. Had the situation not been so damned scary, he would have cringed. That desk had cost him a pretty penny, since he refused to use the one the Ministry had tried to provide for him. But desks could be replaced, lives couldn't. Kazimir shifted, rolling toward the debris that had pinned his arm and shoved, managing to free himself. He let out a low growl of pain and sat up.

"The wall has good taste, and so do you. We could paint our bedroom the same color." He wasn't as skilled at Noel in making light of the situation. But he was trying, the fact that his lover was hurt was the only thing keeping the lawyer from freaking out completely. Noel needed him, so he would be there for the other man.

"Stay still. I'm coming for you."

He began to make his way over to one of the piles of wall. Hopefully it was the pile his better half was currently buried under.
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Noël Hellebore » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:30 pm

"I was thinking something a tad more sultry for the-" he coughed again from the dust and plaster. Ugh that was disgusting. And it was all coarse and mucking up his lungs. And the pointy thing, whatever it was, was not helping his situation any. At least nothing vital felt like it had been damaged.

"Not yet you're not, love," he said with a wink that no one would see due to the rubble. But it was the thought that counted. As long as he could keep his cool and keep the one-liners coming, maybe that would keep Kazi from freaking out, which would in turn keep him from freaking out.

Because holy shit he felt like he was about to die.

He heard Kazi's footsteps across the pile of rubble.

"Shall we make it a game of Marco Polo?"
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BUMM Member
BIRTHDAY
30/11/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:57 am

Kazimir grimaced as Noel coughed once more. "Sultry huh? And as much as you attempt to seduce me here, or did, I'd have thought the walls were plenty sultry."

Was that his voice sounding so calm? He'd have to thank both kids, years of parenting and child drama had to be the only thing that didn't have him sounded like a worried wife or bawling like a little baby despite the terror he was feeling.

"Ha. Ha. If your beautiful body is harmed at all, I won't be until you are fully healed." Cruel promising to deny sex for something neither of them could control, but damn it, his lover was hurt, he'd treat him as if he were made of glass for the next century if it meant no further harm would come to the man.

He took another step and when Noel spoke again, adjusted his trajectory, soon to a pile he was pretty sure hid his lover. "That could help, although I think both of us would prefer a variation of strip hide and seek." He began to carefully move some of the debris, hoping with each piece moved it would reveal Noel.
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Noël Hellebore » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:56 am

He could faintly hear footsteps getting closer to him. That was good. That was very, very good. And he could hear rubble beginning to shift. That was even better! Except when one small support piece was taken away and a bit of wall slid down further on him, driving the sharp thing deeper into his shoulder.

"Ah!" He had tried to stifle his cry, but to no avail. "I think you're getting closer, darling. Mind the more slippery bits though, won't you? I think...yes I believe I feel a bit of air breezing through. Keep it up, love!"
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BUMM Member
BIRTHDAY
30/11/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:55 am

When Noel cried out in pain, Kazimir froze. "No bullshit Noel. You need to tell me if what I am doing hurts you worse."

He needed to find his lover, free him from the rubble, and get both of them out of the building fast. Who knew if there were more bombs or what other types of chaos was happening. "There is a very large piece of wall at the top here. I'm going to use magic to lift it. If at any time the pile shifts or you feel more pain, tell me. Please Noel. I'm terrified and need your help with this."

He trusted the other man to do as he asked. Kazimir pointed his wand at the largest piece at the top. Carefully and slowly he used magic to lift the rubble, an inch at a time. He could see cracks forming, but he didn't stop what he was doing. He listened for any signs of distress from Noel.

The section was about four inches off of where he thought his lover was. It would have to be enough. He flicked his wrist and sent the wall piece he'd been floating over to where he'd landed after the explosion. "How you doing love?"
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Noël Hellebore » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:55 pm

"Right! Right - I'll do my best," he said with a wince. It was time to put the quips aside and focus. Because there was a good chance, should something go wrong, he could be crushed and die. And that would just be inconvenient for everyone. He held still as he could while Kazi worked, focusing on the rubble around him to make sure none of it was about to come crashing down on him.

He could feel another gush of fresh (albeit dusty) air swoosh through the rubble just to his left. He smiled and cleared his throat.

"I'm fine, just lovely. I believe you're just to my left, love." Progress oh thank god he didn't know how much longer he'd have been able to keep up his cheery disposition.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BUMM Member
BIRTHDAY
30/11/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Kazimir kept working. There was a sense of urgency in his actions, yet he didn't rush what he was doing. It wouldn't pay to be reckless. He needed to save Noel and not injure him further in the attempt.

"Okay." He moved more to the left, lifting smaller pieces, using his wand for the larger. His whole body was starting to hurt now.

Get out, get safe, worry and panic later.

He needed to see Noel, to touch him, visually confirming that his lover was alright. That would help. Just don't act like a madman. Not yet.

Another piece of rubble was lifted and Kazimir sighed seeing a bit of cloth, hopefully it was attached to his lover.

"You know I always loved that shirt on you, and love it more when I toss it on the floor, but right now, I really hope it's still on you darling."

He reached out and touched. "Can you feel me?"
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Noël Hellebore » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:22 am

A literal and figurative weight was lifted as Kazi removed a section of rubble that had been pinning down roughly the left side of Noël's torso. He was still under quite a bit of wall, but the brush of Kazi's hand across the cloth of his shirt sent a rush of renewed confidence through him. Maybe he'd get out of this alive after all.

"Merlin's beard!" he half-coughed, half-wheezed. "Yes, love, yes I can." Pointy thing. In shoulder. Not. Helping.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BUMM Member
BIRTHDAY
30/11/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:26 pm

It was a battle of logic versus the heart within Kazimir. The minute Noel had said that he could feel him touching him, the lawyer wanted to tear through the rubble and take his lover in his arms, letting himself know that they were okay, and keeping the other man safe from any more harm. But such action could cause Noel further harm.

So Kazi took his time. "Good. That's good. I'm going as quick as I can love. You'll be out soon." He hoped he'd uncover the other man's face soon. I love the bottom half of him, but I need to look in his eyes, to see those beautiful eyes to know he's okay. So more rubble was shifted. Carefully, slowly, but not at a snail's pace. "Tell me if my moving anything off of you hurts you in any way."

He'd said that before hadn't he? It didn't matter, he'd say it a million times, meaning it every time. Until they were safe. Until they were together. He was starting to panic again.

Keep it together old man.
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Noël Hellebore » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:39 pm

"You're doing-" another hacking cough. "Just fine love, just fine!" Every bit of debris hauled off of him let him breath a little easier. Every last piece was another step closer to Kazi and fresh air and freedom.

Finally some serious progress was made: his left arm was free. He laughed and held out his hand, searching for some piece of Kazi to grab hold of. "Oh, give me your hand Kazi! A few seconds won't make a difference!" He knew good and well that a few seconds could be the difference between life and death but he absolutely needed to hold his lover's hand.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BUMM Member
BIRTHDAY
30/11/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:43 am

Every cough terrified him more. And then Kazimir's heart went thud thud thud in happiness when Noel's arm appeared from the rubble. No sooner had his lover asked and his hand was grabbing for Noel's. He huddled low, uncomfortable, but comfort be damned in that moment. His lips went to the other man's hand. "I'm here love. We'll get you free soon."

Carefully he trailed his wand arm down the exposed arm. He felt chest and was as careful as possible not to poke Noel in the face or shift the pile as he blindly spun his arm to point at what he hoped was his boyfriend's face. He cast the bubble head charm. It would keep the rest of the dust and debris out of that lovely mouth, if he didn't miss.

"I'm going to let go, Love. Get you out. And then I'll never let go again."
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Noël Hellebore » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:16 pm

For the first time since finding himself buried under half of Kazi's office, Noël felt tears streaking down his cheeks. The overwhelming sense of relief that washed over him when his partner took his hand made him feel like he was floating high and free.

When the bubble head charm was cast the hacking and coughing slowly began to subside. It was nice not breathing in debris. Though he was probably already set to hack up plaster for the next week.

When Kazi said he was going to let go, Noël froze. His entire body went cold. No. No he didn't want him to let go! He had just managed to find him he refused to let go of his hand! His grip tightened as his breath hitched in his chest.

"Must you?"
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BUMM Member
BIRTHDAY
30/11/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:10 am

Kazimir could hear Noël's breath tightened, even as his lover gripped his hand even harder. Screw letting go after all, even if it would make freeing him simpler.

"No. No. I won't let go." He squeezed back, and then carefully shifted so he could watch the top of the pile while still holding Noël's hand. He checked the room, looking for a fairly safe out of the way place to deposit the debris, found one and began to first levitate, and then banish each piece that was burying the man he loved.

"Almost there babe. Not long now."

And then there was just one very large piece of wall on top of Noël. Kazimir didn't breath a sigh of relief, nor did he let go of his lover's hand. It was a large piece, and he focused his mind to manage to lift it off of the other man. Up it went, until it was a mere 6 inches off of Noël's body. More focus and the rubble was sent away from the two men.

"Thank Merlin." Now was the matter of whatever the hell was sticking out of Noël's shoulder. "Baby, I am not going to take that out. I'm worried about you bleeding too much, sanitary shit and all that." He'd get him to a healer. There was bound to be a triage or something set up for the wounded. Better the care of his love be in the hands of a trained professional than a worried lawyer.
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Noël Hellebore » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:10 pm

When Kazi told Noël he wouldn't let go, a grateful sob escaped the pinned man. He knew it would only complicate attempts at freeing him, but it was the only remaining way for him to stave off full-blown panic. One could only keep up a chipper demeanor for so long when they were on the verge of being crushed, after all.

Even though he heard the distant tink of debris landing across the room he felt little in way of progress. The one solid fragment on top of him was pretty damn heavy and quite intimidating. If anything were to happen while Kazi tried to lift it off of him he'd surely be squashed. The thought made him squeeze his lover's hand more tightly for a moment before easing off.

When the hunk of wall was finally beginning to levitate off of him, he held his breath (what little there was to hold). It took everything for him to stay calm and still to let Kazi concentrate. Finally the section of wall was hoisted away. He gasped in a desperate breath and looked to Kazi. Merlin he had never been so happy to see those gorgeous eyes.

He managed a strained smile. "Let's be on our way then, shall we?" He tried to move and winced when the thing in his shoulder struck a nerve. He was able to confirm that yes, he had no feeling in his legs even with the debris lifted away.

"I believe you'll have to carry me, love."
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BUMM Member
BIRTHDAY
30/11/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 am

After Kazimir felt the tightening of Noël's hand on his a second time, the lawyer began to gently rub his thumb in soothing circles on his lover's skin. It was his attempt to convey through touch that he was there, he was going to make everything okay, and they would get out, that he was going nowhere.

The flash of happiness in those brilliant eyes had Kazimir letting out another relieved breath. The wince of pain, however, had his heart breaking again. If only he could go back in time, spare Noël any of this. He nodded worriedly as his lover stated that he would have to be carried.

Kazimir was not a small man by any means, and on a normal day that didn't include climbing over rubble while being injured (and this was only in his office, who knew what the halls and stairs to get out would be like) would take only a marginal bit of effort despite Noël not being what anyone could call a small man either. "I'm going to have to use magic, love. I can't risk stumbling and dropping you. But I promised, and I'll keep it. I won't let go."

It wasn't an easy task to keep a grip on Noël's hand while moving himself to stand up. Kazimir ended up casting the Mobilicorpus charm on his lover's body and then directed it higher in the air, using only his legs to stand at his full height (quickly having to duck his head to miss a piece of building hanging precariously low). "Let's get the hell out of here."

Slowly they began to move out of the office.
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Noël Hellebore » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:12 am

"Yes, let's."

Even though he was freed from the rubble and knew Kazi wasn't going to just leave him there, Noël still held fast to his partner's hand as best as he could. When his body began to rise in the air, his eyes went a bit wide for a moment. Such a strange feeling.

"It's a bit like flying," he said as he adjusted to the feeling. As he was certain they were leaving the blown up office and his lover would be keeping hold of his hand, Noël took a moment to catch a peek at the thing in his shoulder. And he wished he hadn't. He went pale and began to feel a little faint as he noted the jagged, bloody whatever it was lodged in where it should not have been.

"I don't think I'm feeling so-" before he could finish his thought, the shock of everything began to catch up with Noël and he found himself on the verge of passing out.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
BUMM Member
BIRTHDAY
30/11/1964
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | poof

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Kazimir forced out a chuckle at Noël’s words. “Don’t expect me to start treating you like a Disney Princess now, love.” His lover’s next words had the lawyer in a near panic.

“Stay with me Noël. I mean it.” Caution was thrown out the window, or more appropriately given their current setting and how it was blown all to hell, out a jagged hole as Kazimir began to walk faster. He didn’t really stop for others, he barely paid attention to what he was jumping and stepping on and over as he moved his lover toward what he hoped would be help. His chest was starting to ache, still seeping blood as he walked, but he powered through the pain, through the dizziness, his only goal was to get his lover in the care of a medical professional.

“I see it.” He didn’t know how long it had been, but finally he saw a good number of people bustling about, many injured, many others attending the injuries. “Forgive me,” The tall man wasn’t speaking to Noël exactly, but just in general for what he was about to do. “I think he’s dying!” His voice was loud enough it drew some attention, and he gave Noël’s hand a squeeze. “Help will be coming love. Hang in there.”

Kazimir wanted to fall down in a useless pile and sob. But Noël had to be okay, and then he’d check on his kids. And then he’d cry. He wouldn’t be able to hold the tears back after that.
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy