• Administrator

[complete] Thuglife

Level Five: Department of International Magical Co-operation, incorporating the International Magical Trading Standards Body, the International Magical Office of Law and the International Confederation of Wizards, British Seats.

[complete] Thuglife

Postby Johnny Kingston » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:42 pm

It was already almost six when Johnny weaselled his way into the Ministry with the judicious application of Class B Tradeable Goods and the most charming smile he could muster after a day spent teaching minors about the many and exciting uses of bongs. He was carrying a large brown paper bag in one hand, and another that was clinking somewhat suspiciously as he made his way to the International department where the lights were still on and the offices still lively despite the cessation of the working day.

Tariq had been fortunate enough to score a workspace with two colleagues who were perpetually out of the office, giving him the place to himself most of the time - and tonight was no different. Johnny sauntered in, bags swinging. "Hey," he grinned, dumping his loot on his friend's desk. "I brought dinner. You know, some people actually stop working and go home when the day is over, right?"
Oracle Mall
Buffalo Soldier
Manager
BIRTHDAY
27/ 3/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Belle

Re: Thuglife

Postby Tariq Shafiq » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:16 am

Tariq had spent the day trying to finish up travel arrangements for a Pride of Portree exhibition match in Japan. International Portkeys were hard to get. (And by hard, it was mostly just forms. But they were a pain in the ass.) And as he was trying to finish up his forms and get out of the office at a normal time, (Around 8pm or so,) no one other than Johnny Kingston walked into the office with the usual stuff.

"Johnny, didn't we have this discussion already? I'm fine, my work habits are normal, you know the deal. We've been having this discussion for fifteen years now. Thank you for the food, my mental health is clean, my habits are PERFECTLY NORMAL," he said, stressing the last two words. How they had ever stayed friends was a mystery to Tariq, but he was a good guy. Most of the time.
Ministry of Magic
International Magical Cooperation
Senior Foreign Affairs and Sports Clerk
BIRTHDAY
18/ 5/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | rpryor03

Postby Johnny Kingston » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:34 am

He liberated a beer out of one of the bags, popping it open on the edge of Tariq's desk and taking a small chunk out of the wood at the same time, without seeming to notice. "I'm just saying, man, there's more to life than Felix Felicis doping scandals and away games in Azerbaijan. Where's the last time you even conversed with a woman outside of work?"

Johnny handed him a burrito and added, "And I don't mean your mum. We're not purebloods or nothing."
Oracle Mall
Buffalo Soldier
Manager
BIRTHDAY
27/ 3/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Tariq Shafiq » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Opening the burrito and beginning to eat while still looking over his paperwork, Tariq replied,

"Well, if you actually just READ THE NEWS, it's Amortentia and Pride is going to Japan this time. And again, trying to get into my love life? It's perfectly OK. I conversed with a woman that was not my mother or for work, yesterday. I went into Muggle London to get groceries. But can one say the same to you? When was the last time you had any sort of date?"
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
18/ 5/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | rpryor03

Postby Johnny Kingston » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:34 am

Johnny, noting his friend's distraction, plonked the beer down slap bang in the middle of Tariq's paperwork, which immediately developed spreading wet ring of condensation. Feigning ignorance, he opened one for himself and took a swig.

"Two days ago," he said promptly, unwrapping his burrito. "The bird from your HR department with the -" his hands made a motion in front of his chest as he grinned shamelessly. "Ellie or Elise or something."
Oracle Mall
Buffalo Soldier
Manager
BIRTHDAY
27/ 3/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Belle

Postby Tariq Shafiq » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Moving the beer over and drinking, followed by the application of a Hot-Air Charm, drying his papers, Tariq responded in disbelief. "You dated Ainsley Cullen? As in, Director of HR Ainsley Cullen? As in fifteen years older than you Ainsley Cullen? I always knew you liked cougars, but damn. That's well beyond your normal age difference. Although, social norms never bothered you, did they? Perv."
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
18/ 5/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'2"
PLAYER | rpryor03

Postby Johnny Kingston » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:25 am

"Ainsley," he said like a revelation, taking a huge bite of his burrito, his voice a little muffled as he continued talking. "Cougars are a gift, man; and if you're really lucky they'll also have hot, emotionally insecure daughters. I can get you dinner with her, unless you're holding out for the Japanese tentacle fetishists' club --?"

He definitely made it sound like those were the only two possible options in this scenario.

Whilst he didn't manage to convince Tariq to let him set him up with Chloe Cullen, Johnny did at least make sure he ate and took a break from work, so he considered that a win. Once they'd finished up, Johnny headed out, bolstered with beer, and found himself wandering in the direction of Ainsley's office >.>
Oracle Mall
Buffalo Soldier
Manager
BIRTHDAY
27/ 3/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'10"
PLAYER | Belle