• Administrator

[complete] Diagon Alley - NYE 2002 [Party Thread - Open!]

The cobbled streets of Diagon Alley contain restaurants, shops, Gringotts, and other various sundries. Just be careful not to turn down Knockturn Alley. Something something something sinister sounding

[complete] Diagon Alley - NYE 2002 [Party Thread - Open!]

Postby twufoo » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:49 pm

After the devastation that occurred on December 14th, the day of the Jailbreak Nine trial, the Ministry personnel were ready to let off some steam with some much needed partying. Someone had gotten it into their head to make the New Years Eve party of 2002 bigger than ever before, and so despite the miserable drizzle of rain over London, a large section of the outdoor streets in Diagon Alley had been enchanted with high-domed magical barriers that stopped the rain and several heating charms had been placed inside them to make the temperature a bit more comfortable. Underneath the extensive climate controlled network for which someone had spared no expense, the party roared on.

It was a huge street party with music, food, drink, shops opening their doors for a little extra business, and some of the more drunken revelers had even taken to dancing of all things. Night had long since fallen, and the streets were lit by glowing lights from the buildings, floating colorful orbs, and sprays of fire from the statues and gargoyles overhead. Far overhead in a tall, tall bubble protected from the rain, a shimmering orb slowly descended to mark the approach of the new year, less than thirty minutes away.

((I'll update this thread with some brief time benchmarks for the ball drop.

You may have your characters meet up here for a larger mixer thread, split off into an offshoot thread, or start your own offshoot thread! Please place the following code in your first post so that we can keep track of all these threads.))

Code: Select all
[i]This thread is part of [url=http://theministryrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5514]Diagon Alley - NYE 2002[/url][/i] - [ht]htNYE2002[/ht]

#NYE2002
Twu's Twerkshop
All my characters, trackers, and things.
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Re: Diagon Alley - NYE 2002 [Party Thread - Open!]

Postby Kazimír Tesarik Sr. » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Kazimir hadn't really wanted to go to the party. He'd had so much on his mind since getting that letter from Kaz. But Noel had convinced him to go, and looking at his lover, there was no way to deny him anything. Smiling at the other man, Kazimir put an arm over the other man's shoulders.

"We're here now, we getting a drink or do you want to do me the honor of dancing with me first?"
Ministry of Magic
International Magical Cooperation
Lead of the International Magical Office of Law
BIRTHDAY
29/ 5/1962
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'6"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Chadwick Nayar » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:14 am

The Chad was wasted as hell and rocking with his (figurative) cock out at the intersection near the ball drop where the rowdier and more drunkenly people had crowded by magical speakers that blared out some throbbing house beat. He had an open cup of beer in one hand, which meant he was randomly splashing everyone around him with watered down piss smell now and then as he bullied himself through the throng of people to the primal call of some chick shaking her booty and began grinding on her.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOoooo!"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Accidents and Catastrophes
Experimental Charms Committee Member
BIRTHDAY
7/ 7/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5' 11"
PLAYER | twufoo

Postby Ainsley Cullen » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:31 am

Ainsley didn't usually go to parties. Well, dinner parties maybe. Cocktail parties. Elegant fundraisers. Definitely not parties like this, though. But Chloe, ever insistent that the two of them find some common ground ('common' being the operative term here, apparently), had insisted that Ainsley come out for New Year's. They'd had a few drinks (something blue and fruity, not the usual glass of red wine she'd have chosen), and Ainsley was feeling decidedly more relaxed.

Especially since Chloe had apparently ditched her, somewhere amid the gyrating bodies that populated the intersection. She tugged at the hem of her dress for the umpteenth time as she craned her neck to find Chloe. Chloe had chosen the dress, something shorter and far more glittery than anything Ainsley would have picked out, but it seemed to fit in for the occasion. While she was standing there, she felt herself begin to sway with the music, the atmosphere and alcohol making movement come easier.

She was getting more into the dancing and less into the looking for Chloe when she felt someone behind her. Her normal response to this would have been to turn around and slap that someone, but when she turned around, she noticed that he was cute. Really cute. Really young, but still cute. Instead of a slap, he got a smile instead and a sort of obvious adjustment of the plunging neckline of this dress.
Ministry of Magic
Administration
Lead of Human Resources
BIRTHDAY
10/ 1/1960
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Seer
HEIGHT
5'5"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Felicity Mackenzie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:07 am

Felicity was glad she'd gone home for the holiday break. Because that meant she could go to a real party. Her parents had said they were going to Diagon Alley, oh she was on board with that. She had a back pack full of pranks and fireworks, she hoped some adult could be convinced to let her try some firewhiskey, and she was looking to cause mayhem and mischief, which to her meant fun.

She'd wandered off from her parents and figured the best way to go about what she was wanting to do was to start small. She grabbed a few boxes of bang snaps. Oh it would be fun if someone were here with her who'd have a bang snap war, but there was no one. So, the girl started throwing them at the ground.

It was not a complete accident if a few flew towards people's feet.
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
29/ 7/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
4'10"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Nasir Whitaker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Nasir was technically still barred from Ministry holiday functions, but that only went as far as Madame Knight's authority and technically it was a (mostly) public function. He'd put on his finest and given the cat enough food that she'd survive if he didn't come home until late the next day. He was nursing a modest second drink and stood on his toes, looking around for people he knew. He looked a little like a mongoose, but the effort was worth it. Surely someone exciting would show up soon!
Ministry of Magic
Mysteries
Unspeakable
BIRTHDAY
10/11/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Nannyhap

Postby Ravi Mahaldar » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Ravi was pretty exciting! Wait, no, he was excited. Close enough. When he spied Nasir, he sidled up to him and offered a smile. God, Nasir was so cute. Dreamy, even. He tried not to show his thoughts on his face, because looking at guys like you were some kind of lovesick fawn was definitely not great for picking them up. He'd learned that from Theo, if nothing else.

"Hey Nasir, how's things?"
Ministry of Magic
Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
Dragon Research & Restraint Junior Officer
BIRTHDAY
4/ 5/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6' 2"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Danger Garrison » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:20 pm

"Do you want to go to the New Year's Eve Party?" His answer had been, 'dunno, you wanna go?' "Sure."

And that had been all it took to get Danger to the party. Of course he was with Keiko. He couldn't walk 10 feet out of the house without her. He didn't mind.

"I need a drink." He grinned, there was no way he wasn't going to leave this party without being totally shitfaced.

((Danger's Outfit))
London
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Curse Breaker
BIRTHDAY
30/10/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Keiko Kitagawa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:30 pm

She put on a nice outfit for once. Keiko didn't dress up much but when she did... it still was pretty basic but hey it was nice for her. "Oh no I am going to end up dragging you home aren't I?" She said in Japanese because if she could speak her native tongue she would, it was easier than english and it made her feel like she was home. Then again the amount of people crowning the alley was also doing a good job reminding her of the crowded streets of Japan. She would have to go home and visit soon, but if Danger wasn't going to come with her then she couldn't leave.

The pair made their way over to where some drinks had been and she smiled and picked on up. "You know you are lucky I am strong enough to get you home at the end of the evening. Otherwise you will be waking up in all sorts of crazy places."
London
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Curse Breaker
BIRTHDAY
16/ 7/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0"
PLAYER | Linn Anna

Postby Finnley Wicklough » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:44 am

Finnley did not do parties. Unfortunately for him, as he stepped into the Alley in the midst of some innocuous errant, the party had other ideas. Before he knew it, Finn was surrounded by people in various states of revelry, and he appeared extremely uncomfortable about it.

He was of course dressed fastidiously in a dark three piece suit. His eggplant coloured tie stood out against the crisp white field of his shirt, and was echoed in a faint purple tinting his spit polished shoes.

Finn looked down the street through the gaggle of people with disdain. There was no way he was going to make it through all those gathered before the little shop that was his destination closed for the night. Worry creased his brow.

And then to his absolute horror, he was twerked. It was a drive-by twerking; some random booty thrust into his pelvic region and jiggled like there was no tomorrow. Finn didn't know what to do for a good fifteen seconds at which point he jumped back as though electrocuted. Really, he shuddered.

Resolutely he started down the Alley -"Excuse me... pardon me..." - pressing through the bodies while trying to avoid physical contact as best as possible.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1970
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'
PLAYER | jehboi

Postby Nasir Whitaker » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:59 am

"I'm still sober," Nasir returned a little too loudly over the din, and gestured at his cup in a manner that implied he was well on his way to fixing that. "But other than that, things are amazing. How're you doing, kid? Bring anyone special out tonight?" He winked up at him, then tried to look around him to find out for himself.

When had Ravi gotten so much taller than him??? Jeez. Probably some time during seventh year, but he was still indignant about it.
Ministry of Magic
Mysteries
Unspeakable
BIRTHDAY
10/11/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Nannyhap

Postby Ravi Mahaldar » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:21 am

He nearly winced at the word 'kid.'

"Nah, just came to check out the festivities. You know me, perpetually single and all that. What about you?" He didn't see anyone else, so that was a hopeful sign.
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
4/ 5/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6' 2"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Nasir Whitaker » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:31 am

"I've resigned myself to disappointing my sweet Madge with a string of ephemeral trysts until age claims either my sprightly good looks or her ability to give a damn," said Nasir with mock disdain. "Though I met a handsome healer this past month with whom I was quite, erm, friendly in school."
Ministry of Magic
Mysteries
Unspeakable
BIRTHDAY
10/11/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7"
PLAYER | Nannyhap

Postby Felicity Mackenzie » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:18 pm

She only had like two boxes of snap-bangs left, and by this time she'd gotten bored with it anyway. The 12 year old quickly thought of something new, and equally fun to try. She pulled out the little packet of powder she'd mail ordered from the joke shop. It was supposed to be added to a drink, and the effects would be great, any and all facial hair would turn purple and green, and form tight curls. It would look like tiny caterpillars over peoples eyes. Afro-Eyebrows.

She scanned the crowd. To her luck and delight someone sat a nearly full beer down. She grabbed it when they weren't looking and scooted off getting lost in the masses. The powder was added. Now it was time to get someone to drink it...

Not far from her two men were talking. Perfect.

"Excuse me!" She called out, rushing up to them looking worried. "My dad had to use the loo and had me hold his beer. I'm afraid I'll get into trouble, or it'd get warm." She looked from first one of the men to the other, "Here." She forced the spiked drink into the taller of the two men's hands, just because he'd look very amusing with green and purple eyebrows. "You can drink it. I really really don't want me and dad getting into trouble." She did her best to look scared and worried, when on the inside she was already laughing.
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
29/ 7/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
4'10"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Ravi Mahaldar » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:45 am

As luck would have it, he'd just finished his drink amid the crushing disappointment that Nasir had met some cute healer. However, there was also Nasir's reputation to consider, so maybe it wouldn't matter? Before he could say anything, however, some kid offered him a drink. After that incident in Hogsmeade, he usually didn't take drinks from strangers, but it was a kid, so what was the harm?

"Thanks, kid," he said, tossing his other cup into a conveniently placed rubbish bin and accepting the drink. "Bottoms up," he said to Nasir with a grin, lifting the cup and then taking a drink.
Ministry of Magic
BIRTHDAY
4/ 5/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6' 2"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Danger Garrison » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Danger laughed and nodded. "Yes. Probably. Now let's speak in English. Maybe find someone for you to take home. He responded to Keiko in Japanese and mentally patted himself on the back as he ordered himself a drink. She had the habit of trying to hook him up with random strangers, it was his turn to return the favor.
London
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Curse Breaker
BIRTHDAY
30/10/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'1"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Felicity Mackenzie » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Is the phrase 'there's a sucker born every minute' or 'hook, line, and sinker' more appropriate here?

Felicity didn't know, and she wanted to giggle so badly as the man drank the spiked beer. Any moment now it would start. To hide the giggle she started bouncing around, smiling happily and talking a mile a minute. "Thanks for not getting my dad into trouble. I just love New Year's Eve don't you?" She looked at the shorter of the two men and gave him a toothy grin, including him in her question. She'd have to run off soon, but so so soooooo wanted to see those eyebrows!
Hogwarts
Gryffindor
Class of 2001-2008
BIRTHDAY
29/ 7/1990
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
4'10"
PLAYER | Mandy

Postby Keiko Kitagawa » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:28 am

She made a face and rolled her eyes. "But English is such an odd language." She said...in English before laughing some at the idea of anyone wanting to come home with her. People tend to find the idea of her being able to pin them to the groud before they even know what hit them not as appealing. Not to mention having Danger tend to be kind of picky for him. "Good luck. I am pretty sure I am unlovable."
London
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Curse Breaker
BIRTHDAY
16/ 7/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'0"
PLAYER | Linn Anna

Postby Finnley Wicklough » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:23 pm

"No I do not have any beads" Finnley explained with a growing edge of annoying cutting his voice. He spoke to a pair of young women who were clearly intoxicated, using one another to stay vertical, and very confused. And if it weren't for the array of hearing charms cast for the party they both would have froze to death by the way they were dressed.

Still he could bit shake them.

"No I still do not want to see your... your... well those! Gah! Put your shirt back on!" the uptight Auror exclaimed with exasperation. He closed his eyes (prude) because one of the women either did not hear him, or just wasn't listening. He only opened them when something landed on his head.

Fortunately the pair had disappeared into the crowd. He saw as much through a veil of lace ... Finnley pulled the thing from atop his head faster than he could blink and to his horror held a bra in his hand.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1970
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'
PLAYER | jehboi

Postby Anastasia Romanos » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Anastasia loved New Years Eve parties and so far this year was going to be one of the best ones. She hoped. Deciding to go right about 10 pm so she could at least be there while the ball is dropping she had decided to bringing some libations with her as well. Though, they had easily been shrunk into her bag. Ana made sure to shower, change, wear minimal make up and fix her hair so she could look good for the party. She also wore a pretty dress that she bought in the American malls last year and wanted to wear it for tonight. Ana had worn it a few times but she really wanted to show it off here. It seemed like a simple dress but there was something about it that she liked.

Taking the time to finish slipping on her dress she spritz on a little perfume and grabbed her clutch and her wand in hand. Her doors were locked and so she just put the last minute items in her purse as she held on tight to her wand and apparated from her bedroom to Diagon Alley. They had a floo network set up in their fireplace but they only used that a few times. Popping on the stone cemented ground of the Alley as she spotted Finn from her work area ahead of her she casually walked towards him. She also noticed a frilly bra he had in his hand but she wouldn’t say anything about where it came from just yet.

“Hey there Finn! You enjoying yourself a little too much there?” Ana smiled at him and laughed because she couldn’t help but tease him about it. She tried not too but it slipped out.

Dress & Shoes xoxo
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
MLE Office Secretary
BIRTHDAY
3/ 4/1977
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'7