• Administrator

Need me.

The cobbled streets of Diagon Alley contain restaurants, shops, Gringotts, and other various sundries. Just be careful not to turn down Knockturn Alley. Something something something sinister sounding

Need me.

Postby Mikael Thurston » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Mikael was ready for a new book. He needed something to read before bed, something to relax him before he could fall asleep. It was a habit he had, reading a chapter or two after preparing for bed. Most often, he'd read in a chair in his bedroom with a glass of neat whiskey beside him, the lamp turned on beside the chair as he took in the words on the pages. Yesterday had been one of those days and he'd finished his novel. So today, it was time to visit Flourish and Blotts for a new book.

Entering the store, he walked with a confidence, straight-backed as a pureblood heir should. He had an image to uphold, one of old power, old blood, old responsibilities. As such, he had to present himself a certain way in public, and at home.

He crossed over to the newest selections and began browsing a few racks. Reaching for a book to read the back cover, he brushed hands with another person, a male who looked absolutely scrumptious and would look utterly breathtaking spread beneath him and squirming. Delightful. It had been a while since he'd found anyone who had gained his interest in such a quick fashion. There was something about him that seemed... needy. Something in the way he held himself that grabbed Mikael's attention. He wanted to figure out what that was.

His eyes narrowed slightly in consideration before a friendly smile spread across his lips and he apologized the man in his deep, rumbling, commanding voice, saying "Mm. My apologies. Merely reaching for a novel. What were you looking for?" He reached again and picked up the book before skimming the back, keeping his attention focused on the other man as he did so.

#Corkael
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Re: Need me.

Postby Corwin Pips [Liz] » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:38 pm

Corwin had been reading more lately, staying at home where things were generally calm and predictable. He'd been baking more (and was pretty sure Quill didn't mind), and just sort of drinking at home as much as he pleased. Because, well, at the moment there didn't seem to be much worth going out for. People were confusing and risky and just ... yeah. Fuck that.

But there were still some times that Corwin was required to go out without Quill, and this was one of those moments. But it was all right. It was daytime, and he kept an eye out for anything super sketchy, and then he had arrived at Flourish and Blott's and it was time to find some new novels to read. He felt much safer once he got inside the store. It was a calming place. He let himself get entirely lost in the wares.

Too lost, actually, because he didn't realize he'd encroached so far on someone's space until their hands met. And that was awkward. Corwin pulled his hand back abruptly, looked up, and immediately colored a fierce red because ... well, this guy was ... well. Wow. And he was talking to him. Which was even more awkward. He took a tiny step away, but kept looking at the guy. Like a spaz.

"S - sorry," Corwin stammered, shoving his hands into his pockets just so that they wouldn't go all crazy in weird, nervous gesticulations. "I, ah ... same. I'm looking for some new novels. Um. I like the look of that one. By Smythe. The World War II one." He looked at the book. Not at the man. Definitely not at the man.
London
Self-Employed
Contractor
BIRTHDAY
20/ 5/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Mikael Thurston » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:59 pm

The other man was nervous. It was cute. Mikael wanted to see just how nervous and worked up he could make this beautifully, needy looking man, just how desperate he had to be before he begged. He looked perfect for begging. For pleading. For laying stretched out below Mikael as Mikael enjoyed him. But instead of saying anything, he narrowed his eyes slightly before a combination smile/smirk made its way onto his face.

"That would make for an interesting read." He reached out and picked up the book in question, flipping it over to read the back, keeping the other man in his peripheral to watch his reactions. Oh, if he was as needy as Mikael believed him to be through his observations, the two would match very well together.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Corwin Pips [Liz] » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Oh ... and now he was holding onto the book Corwin had had his eye on. ... Not that it was a problem, or anything. There were other copies. Not immediately apparent, but they existed. There were probably some in the back. Corwin could just ask for one. Or, if there weren't any more, he could just read the book some other time. If this guy wanted it, he could have it.

A big part of Corwin wanted to walk away now, because this dude was overwhelmingly attractive and there was nothing good to be gained from talking to him. But ... he also wanted his books ... and it wasn't like this was a dangerous place or anything ...

He reached out for a different book and tugged it from the shelf. This one was about WWI. "I like Smythe. He does a lot of research for his books. ... Gotta love historical accuracy." ... Wow, Corwin. Not awkward at all.
London
Self-Employed
Contractor
BIRTHDAY
20/ 5/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Mikael Thurston » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:00 pm

The other man seemed flustered by the way Mikael had picked up the book. Good. It was exactly where Mikael wanted him to be. He set the book down on the shelf and walked a little closer to the man. It had been a long time since he'd found someone so.. delightfully delectable. Years since he'd had anyone. Mikael wanted to watch him moan and squirm beneath him.

"Mm... Research is always a plus. An author should know what they're talking about." He smirked slightly as he ran a finger over the top of the book the other man was holding while also setting the book he'd initially been looking for back on the shelf.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby poof » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:24 pm

A Wild Poltergeist Appears!

#TrollfaceMcGee

Poof! Trollface McGee appears, and boy has he ever been paying attention to your inner monologues! Mr. McGee clears his throat, and begins reciting his findings in the most mocking tone imaginable for all to hear.

"I'm a spineless nerd who's willing to let this guy just take my book. But that's okay, because he's 'overwhelmingly attractive.' And even though every shred of common sense and self-preservation I have is telling me to walk away, I can't help but ignore my better judgment. Teehee! I'm awkward!"

"And then the other guy says with a thick Texan accent:"

"Awoooga! Looks like I got me a fresh piece of ass! He's just so meek and weak and that totally turns me on! Goddamn I ain't been laid in forever! I just wanna watch him squirm and moan underneath me!"

After his recitation, Mr. McGee takes a bow and poofs away.

poof's plotter of plotty plotting

Plotter, Tracker, Etc.
OOC Inactive

Postby Corwin Pips [Liz] » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Corwin's jaw dropped as the ... weird little ... thing ... said its piece. And then vanished.

He ... he was the spineless nerd. And everything else and it was ... so accurate ... and this was just ... not OK. Not at all OK. Fuck! What was he supposed to do? He'd already been flushed, but now his face was burning and he was so humiliated that he didn't even pick up on the fact that the weird little thing had mentioned that the - Texan? he didn't sound Texan - dude thought he was hot, too. In, like, a really weird way.

"Well ... um ... " Corwin shoved the book back onto the shelf. "It's been ... um ... nice ... but I've gotta ... yeah." He turned to go.
London
Self-Employed
Contractor
BIRTHDAY
20/ 5/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Mikael Thurston » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:55 pm

This strange little thing popped out of nowhere and recited what he'd been thinking, and apparently what the other man had been thinking too. And apparently, the other man found him... What was it, 'overwhelmingly attractive?' Oh yeah, Mikael was not about to let this man run away now. Not after finding out, through some strange little talking thing that the two of them found each other attractive.

He reached out a hand to stop the other man, not touching, just corralling him back towards the conversation. He was not willing to end this here. However, he believed the other man may try to run if his fears and anxieties were not soothed slightly. Mikael softened his voice and attempted to calm the other man, "It has been nice, you are correct. Must the pleasant conversation end so soon?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Corwin Pips [Liz] » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:20 pm

OK, wait ... what? First thing, this dude talked so formally that Corwin was half expecting him to sprout a monocle and a top hat. Second thing, was he seriously not feeling the awkwardness of the little monster thing that had read their minds? And, third thing, just ... what? Seriously, what had just happened?

But then there was an arm behind him, sort of corralling him in where he was, and that stupidly annoying part of Corwin's brain was telling him not to be impolite. You couldn't just go insulting people by walking away from them because that was not the way to get friends ... but what the hell was he supposed to say?

He arched an eyebrow as he stared at the other guy with wide, surprised eyes. "Um ... but ... that, uh ... um ... huh." Nope. OK, he was just gonna direct his attention back to the bookshelf and maybe sort of try to pretend that none of this had happened. That seemed like it might be the least awkward of all his supremely awkward possibilities.

"Right, so ... Smythe. Is a good writer."
London
Self-Employed
Contractor
BIRTHDAY
20/ 5/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Mikael Thurston » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:26 pm

It seemed his attempt to calm the other man's anxiety was working, at least so far. He nodded to the other man's comment about Smythe. "I believe you said he was... historically accurate? Did his research? What subjects of his interest you, specifically?" He inquired.

While he had asked the question mainly to continue the conversation between the two, he was genuinely interested in what the other man had to say. He found other people's views on things interesting; and the other man had already proven interesting, thanks to that... whatever it was that told him what he'd been thinking.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Corwin Pips [Liz] » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:08 pm

"Oh, um ... war," Corwin blurted out. And then he realized that maybe it was an awkward thing to be interested in. But, of course, now he was talking and he found it difficult to stop. "I like war. ... I mean, I don't like war, that's not what I ... war is very bad ... loss of life ... um ... interesting. I find war interesting. War novels. Stories. I ... I'm not some violent weirdo, or something."

... Wow. That was pathetic. Yup, none of this was helping the fact that Corwin's face was still very much fire-engine red. Shit! He was a mess! Well, at least now the guy would probably figure out that Corwin wasn't worth talking to and remove the ... arm-corral ... thing.
London
Self-Employed
Contractor
BIRTHDAY
20/ 5/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Mikael Thurston » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Mikael nodded along with the other man's stumbled explanation and found it incredibly endearing. "War is certainly intriguing. Any particular reason you're interested in such a topic?" Mikael himself had never found war particularly interesting, but part of that was because he'd lived through the Second War and had been required to do things he still had troubles reconciling with his love of his family, mainly since the family still did not escape unscathed from the battles.

In interest of pursuing this conversation elsewhere, he offered, "Care to join me at the Leaky Cauldron for a drink? I'd like to hear more of your thoughts."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Senior Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
14/ 3/1965
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Heather

Postby Corwin Pips [Liz] » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Corwin shrugged, looking at the books on the shelf in front of him and running one finger along the spines. The feeling of the smooth up-and-down mountain range of shelved books was a comforting one. "Maybe because there's something ... simpler. About the way muggles do it. Just sort of ... bang, boom, there you go. War. More ... straightforward, in a way. Than ours."

And then the random, overly-formal, kinda-awkward-but-still-hot guy asked Corwin to come have a drink with him. Immediately suspicious, Corwin jerked his head up to fix the other dude with a wide-eyed look of surprise. "Why?" he blurted out without thinking, before quickly realizing that it was very rude of him. He shook his head, backpedaling awkwardly. "I mean ... sure, if you ... sure. I could go for a drink."
London
Self-Employed
Contractor
BIRTHDAY
20/ 5/1971
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'11"
PLAYER | Liz