• Administrator

Dragons & Strangefire

Anywhere in the world outside of London.

Dragons & Strangefire

Postby Gary » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:37 pm

This thread was brought to you by Madam Morgana's Matchmaking Marvels Shop!

Both Heather Strangefire and Donald Mallory received owls with identical messages written in an elegant hand:

Congratulations, Heather Strangefire and Donald Mallory, Seekers of Love, Romance, and Other Worldly Delights!

Madam Morgana has made you a match!

You will be meeting January 27th, 2005 at 6PM GMT/8PM EET at the Romanian Dragon Sanctuary. The weather is set to be overcast, at a frigid 1°C, and you will be outdoors, so please dress accordingly!

Enclosed please find two portkeys -- one of which will become active thirty minutes before your date that will transport you to the site of your date, the other of which will become active forty-five minutes after your arrival at the site of your date.

Further instructions:

Hazmat equipment will be provided upon location. Please arrive 10 minutes early, and bring the attached waivers, signed, in triplicate.

Have a magical time!

- Madam Morgana
OOC Player

Re: Dragons & Strangefire

Postby Heather Strangefire » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Heather had only been out of St. Mungo's for a few months, and though she was making a real go of things, she still wasn't able to hold down a job. The potions she was taking to help her sleep were making it hard to be awake, and the ones she took for her overwhelming paranoia weren't exactly uppers. Still, life was starting to return to normal, or normal enough. That was, until she got the letter. She had never signed up for Madam Morgana's. And that's when the realization hit her, that she had, only it wasn't really her, now, was it? She had considered writing to let the matchmaker know it was some kind of mistake, but her therapist had told her that she needed to get out more. She was determined to be brave. She could do this.

She bundled up as best she could, signed all the wavers and put the portkeys into her pocket before she was whisked away.
Elsewhere
London
Unemployed
BIRTHDAY
21/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'1"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Donald Mallory » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Donald sat in his cabinet, the elegantly written letter in one hand, a quill in the other as he scratched the back of his head with the nib. Did he sign up for this? It didn't seem like something he'd do but at the same time he'd lived a good long while, it was quite possible he'd signed up to the Madam's services and forgot about it. "No, I don't have the time." He spoke to noone in particular as he placed the letter down on his desk.

He returned to his marking, scribbling away before, by happenstance he glanced up to note a picture of River, her blond curls framing a smiling face. He couldn't...could he? "Urgh, Fine. I suppose I'm magically bound to go anyway." He grumbled before getting up and throwing off his teaching robes, dressing in his preferred black velvet jacket with a red trim. Muggles did have a nice stock of clothing after all.

With everything signed Donald ended up being shot away by port key and deposited in none other than outside theblasted Romanian Dragon sanctuary. Despite his worldly travels, he'd never actaully managed to visit this spot. That alone brought a smile to his face. "At least this won't be a complete was-" It was then his eyes fell upon a woman holding a letter that looked very similar to his own.

Many emotions and reactions ran through the older man...the MUCH older man as he tried to think up some excuse or wished he was any good at face altering charms. But no. this was his lot....looking like a damn cradle robber.

"Hello there!" He shouted, Glaswegian accent thick and heavy as he waved the letter in the air. "I think you're my plus one."
Hogwarts
Faculty | Head of Gryffindor
Professor of Ancient Studies
BIRTHDAY
13/ 4/1925
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Heather Strangefire » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:37 pm

She looked him over for a long time, and found him instantly not to her liking. Inwardly, though, she had enough of a clue to know she would feel that way about anybody who was standing in front of her, young, old, ugly or handsome. She wasn't really ready for everything a relationship entrailed anyway -- not even a platonic one. But she knew there was no harm in meeting people. Even if it was at the Dragon Sanctuary.

"Hello," she said meekly, forcing out a smile. "I'm Heather."
Elsewhere
London
Unemployed
BIRTHDAY
21/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'1"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Donald Mallory » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:09 pm

"Donald." he replied with a low voice that almost sounded like a sneer. First impressions, she was...female? Wow how long had it been? Don't answer that he knew exactly how long it'd been.

"So either you've got some daddy issues or I'm going through a late-life crisis, but dragons. That's something interesting, right?" He turned and gestured to the outside of the Sanctuary. Barring any accidents, this could turn out not half bad.
Hogwarts
BIRTHDAY
13/ 4/1925
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Heather Strangefire » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:08 pm

She wasn’t sure how to respond to that. Obviously he knew this was a blind date... or maybe it wasn’t and the Heather who had taken her place had some weird kink or something. “Do you like dragons?”
Elsewhere
London
Unemployed
BIRTHDAY
21/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'1"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Donald Mallory » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:05 am

"I don't not like them." He replied as he decided to push this forward and walk towards the entrance. "I've encountered 2 in my life time. One in China and the other as a baby at the Ministry back when i was a pencil pushing twit." he gave a wide grin at that. "How about yourself? Any interests in fire breathing lizards?"
Hogwarts
BIRTHDAY
13/ 4/1925
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Heather Strangefire » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:44 pm

She started to pick at her thumb nail with her other fingers while she walked beside him. "Uh... I haven't really given them much thought to be honest. I guess they are exciting though."
Elsewhere
London
Unemployed
BIRTHDAY
21/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'1"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Donald Mallory » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:43 pm

He came up to the enterence and held out the Morgan's letter, which seemed to let them both into the sanctuary, along with the hazmat suits waiting for them. "When they aren't devouring your sheep or burning down a School, I suppose so. Nervous?" He spoke with a smile, shimmying into a heavy warm suit that looked like it belonged to a Victorian diver.
Hogwarts
BIRTHDAY
13/ 4/1925
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Heather Strangefire » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Heather was clearly overwhelmed and trying not to go into autopilot. That would surely make this even more awkward than Donald was so obviously trying not to make it. She nodded as a employee helped her put on her own suit. She tried to keep her knees steady as she was touched. She hated being touched, but she was still TRYING. "So... uh..." she asked when she was suited. "What do you do for a living?" That was a thing people asked these days, right?
Elsewhere
London
Unemployed
BIRTHDAY
21/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'1"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Donald Mallory » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:08 am

Something was bothering her. You didn't get to be as old and as good as he was without picking up on the physical cues of social anxiety. Or some of them at least. "Deep breaths, Dragons are going to be in enclosures, very little chance they'll break free and run riot." He said as one of the other atenddees made sure he'd placed the suit on properly. "I'm a teacher at Hogwarts. Ancient Studies. How about you?"
Hogwarts
BIRTHDAY
13/ 4/1925
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Heather Strangefire » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:18 pm

She nodded at his advice as if that was what really was bothering her. It was easier than the truth. She had never been to Hogwarts, but she knew it was famous... mostly for being a proverbial death trap. She wondered if he was used to doing dangerous things, but kept that question to herself.

"I'm... uh... I'm between jobs at the moment," she said with a nod. "But... I used to work for the ministry. I was a secretary."
Elsewhere
London
Unemployed
BIRTHDAY
21/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'1"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Donald Mallory » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:12 am

"Well at least you've got free time." he spoke with a grin, securing the straps around his gloves before they were cleared to enter the Sanctuary. "A Ministerial Secretary, what department? I was there for a time before I was..removed." He spoke cryptically, rolling his R just for the fun of it.

Finally they were all set to move on a handy map showing just where the different types of dragons were housed and cared for.
Hogwarts
BIRTHDAY
13/ 4/1925
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Heather Strangefire » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 am

She followed behind him. She wasn't a leader in any way, shape or form. "Law Enforcement," she admitted. "What... uh... what did you get removed for?"

The first of the encampments was for a young, small Longhorn that looked like it was already poised to overgrow it's enclosure. It was curled up currently, and sleeping.
Elsewhere
London
Unemployed
BIRTHDAY
21/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'1"
PLAYER | VeNox

Postby Donald Mallory » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:42 am

Donald paused for a moment. "Assistant head of Magical accidents and catastrophes. Kind of went to shit in the first Wizarding War. I know I'm old." He didn't smile then, a brief flash of those dark times and all the pain that accursed time brought the man.

Donald paused with Heather next to the enclosure for the small Longhorn, even though small was a relative concept considering how it was getting far too big for it's home. "It's a sad state of events for Longhorns. Once they were wild and roaming all over Romania , Now they're endangered and undergoing a large breeding program thanks to Hunters wanting the beast's horns."

He spoke trying to sound clever and cultured when in actual fact he just read a placard he saw just off to the side. "So a secretary for the MLE. I can understand why you'd pack it in, I always found Auror's to be too trigger happy for my tastes."
Hogwarts
BIRTHDAY
13/ 4/1925
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Masked Mask

Postby Heather Strangefire » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:27 pm

She was impressed with his knowledge. She had no idea that he was reading. "Oh I didn't..." she began, but then realized she didn't really want to explain what she'd been up to for the last few years. "Yeah," she corrected. "It wasn't a very good job. The Ministry is overrated," she said, trying to win points. She imagined that he wasn't a big fan himself.
Elsewhere
London
Unemployed
BIRTHDAY
21/ 2/1974
BLOOD STATUS
Halfblood
MAGIC STATUS
n/a
HEIGHT
5'1"
PLAYER | VeNox