• Administrator

Still Reeling [April-ish 2003]

Past, future, or Alternate timeline threads go here

Re: Still Reeling [April-ish 2003]

Postby Marcus Grant » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:40 pm

The popcorn forgotten in his sudden passion for a tattoo, Marcus opened a cupboard to get out some flasks and started filling them up with liquor. "Sounds great," he replied. "We can walk with booze and smokes. Maybe some weed? We going someplace sketchy where we can get away with that? Oh, man, I totally know what I want, too. It's gonna be a big, dumb cliché, but I'm a big dumb cliché, so whatever."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
2/ 8/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Rue Audley » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:53 am

"I wouldn't say it's sketchy, you don't want to get a tattoo at a sketchy place, but the guy's cool," she said. "He's done all of my tattoos and he's pretty chill, he's not going to freak about a little weed and booze." She walked back into the living room and was confronted by ... a puppy, happily wagging it's tail at her. A three-legged puppy, which was heart-breakingly adorable.

"Oh my God, when did this happen?" She squatted down to immediately begin scratching the puppy behind the ears and make cooing sounds at it.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5' 7"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Marcus Grant » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:33 am

Hearing the sounds of Ruby and cute cooing while he finished filling up the flasks, Marcus replied, "'Bout a month ago. Isn't she cute?" Grabbing up his loot and ensuring that his cigarettes were in his pocket, he left the kitchen to see Rue scratching Ruby behind the ears and Ruby receiving the affection enthusiastically. He couldn't help but grin, despite how heavy and awful he felt all the time now. "Her name's Ruby. And I got her service dog papers, so I can take her anywhere I want. When people hassle me about it, I just show 'em how I lost my hand in the line of duty and they back off. 'In the line of duty' is a powerful phrase." He delivered that last bit like a sage dispensing profound wisdom as he got Ruby's little service-dog vest off the back of the couch and knelt down to put it on her.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
2/ 8/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Rue Audley » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:01 am

"Oh, that's awesome," she said, in reference to Ruby being a service dog. When he mentioned losing his hand in the line of duty, she finally looked over at it ... or where it had been. "About that... how are you doing?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5' 7"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Marcus Grant » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:19 pm

He couldn't help but look at it. He still always did, whenever it was mentioned. It hadn't yet healed up enough to be able to take a prosthetic, so he'd just been doing life with that weird, ugly, scarred, but also badass stump sticking out for everyone to see. "It definitely takes some getting used to," he replied, using it to hold a strap of the vest under Ruby's chest and then grabbing it from the other side, looping it into its catch with a bit of stumbling that showed he'd figured out his method but still wasn't quite fantastic at it. "But it turns out you can do most things with one hand. It's just more awkward."
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
2/ 8/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Rue Audley » Wed May 03, 2017 3:21 pm

"I ... I would imagine so," she said. "Are they considering a prosthetic?" Maybe he didn't want to discuss it, but maybe it would be nice for someone not to treat it like a scary, taboo subject. Maybe talking about it would actually help, as much as it could, anyway.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5' 7"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Marcus Grant » Fri May 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Yeah, she was right. Plenty of people were avoiding it like the plague. Talking was pretty good, especially several shots in the way he was. "Yeah, we'll do that at some point," he replied, finally finishing up with getting Ruby's vest on. "It just needs to heal a lot more before it'll take a prosthetic, I guess." And, with that, he stood up holding Ruby's leash and patted down his pockets to ensure that he had all the supplies. "Well, booze, weed, and dog ... ready for tattoos?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
2/ 8/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Liz

Postby Rue Audley » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:30 pm

"I'm always ready for tattoos," she said, grinning. "Especially after ... everything. Fresh start time, right?"
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Auror
BIRTHDAY
3/10/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Pureblood
MAGIC STATUS
Animagus
HEIGHT
5' 7"
PLAYER | Niky

Postby Marcus Grant » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:39 pm

He nodded, then suddenly became really interested in the whole process of unlocking and opening the door. "Yeah. Definitely time for that." He opened the door for Rue so they could head out.
Ministry of Magic
Magical Law Enforcement
Hitwizard
BIRTHDAY
2/ 8/1980
BLOOD STATUS
Muggleborn
MAGIC STATUS
Werewolf
HEIGHT
6'0"
PLAYER | Liz