• Administrator

I always type 'Salmon'

Get started roleplaying here by posting requests for plots, backstory, or character connections.

I always type 'Salmon'

Postby Red » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:37 am

Salome Rishad's
RP Request

Spoiler: Timeline for reference show
1944 - Born, London
1955- Enters Hogwarts, sorted into Ravenclaw
1961 - graduates Hogwarts
1962 - applies to Department of International Magical Cooperation, works mainly in Middle East office in London as an assistant, then translator
1967 - is sent to Tehran
1970 - applies to Witch Watcher training (First Wizarding War, 1970-1981)
1973 - becomes Witch Watcher, marries Joshua Whitely
1974 - 1978 - goes back to Tehran, this time undercover
1978 - divorces Joshua Whitely, spends more time in Tehran
1978 - 1987 - Reports from Tehran (Iran Hostage Crisis, 1979-1981; Iran-Iraq War, 1980-1987)
1987 - is recalled back to London
1988 - 1992 - is assigned to Moscow (Georgian/Abkhazian Civil Wars, 1988-1992; Transnistria War, 1992)
1992 - 1996 - is assigned to Belgrade (Yugoslav Wars, 1992-1996)
1996 - returns to Moscow (First Chechen War, 1994-1996)
1997 - vanishes to Nepal when Ministry falls (Second Wizarding War, 1995-1998)
1998 - (November) returns, finds out Joshua died
1998-2000 - is assigned to Kosovo (Kosovo War, Feb. 1998-1999)
2000-2002 - is assigned to Belarus
2002-2004 - is assigned to Morocco
2004 - (October) is promoted and recalled back to London full-time as a handler

Spoiler: Languages show
  • English (mothertongue) - London, American, Mexican accents
  • Farsi/Persian (mothertongue)
  • Arabic (fluent)
  • Russian (fluent)
  • Bosnian-Serbian-Croatian (fluent)
  • French (conversational)

1) What is one plot or relationship you'd love to RP with this character?

Salome has seen some shit and lost a lot. She's been on the front lines of a lot of wars - Muggle and Magical. It's made her a pretty closed-off person. So I'd love to get her interacting more with her colleagues, having fun and/or not being a Downer!! She's a guaranteed deadpan to any comedic situation, so I'm very down to throw her into some of those and see what floats.

She feels a bit like a dinosaur in the Ministry right now, but a mentorship/advisory thing could be good for her!

I'd also love to roleplay some stuff with people around her age/experience? It could be fun to have her befriend people her age, or even people she knew in Hogwarts/on the job. She was in Ravenclaw from 1955-1961, worked at the Department of International Magical Cooperation from 1961-1970 as an office assistant/translator/etc., and as a Witch Watcher in the field from 1970-2004. So basically she would have reason to know anyone at the Ministry from 1961 to now.

Finally, if it's Friday and she's in London and not too busy, she attends mosque. So any Muslim Ministry employees are welcome to work that angle too!

2) What is one part of the character's backstory you'd love to explore through RP?

Pffft 'one part'.

Salome's ex-husband, Joshua Whitely, died in the Second Wizarding War at some point after the Ministry fell. I didn't say how, but I imagined he was Muggleborn. They were amicable and it hit her pretty hard at the time. He was around her age and an Auror, so if anyone knew him or knew them both, that could be a thing.

Given the nature of her job she's probably been in and out of psychotherapy for decades, and is most definitely seeing someone right now. She's also not new to grief counseling - her brother died in the Iranian Revolution decades ago - but she let herself ignore Joshua's death for a few years despite her best judgment, so it's probably uncomfortable. So it'd be good to play through that process.

And most of all, she's pretty dissatisfied with her job at the moment - she's been relegated to a desk after decades of fieldwork, and handling isn't really her forte. I'd really like to explore that, wherever it goes!

3) Create an open thread (or roll one up in Accio) and post it in Join My Thread, Yo! Explain here what kind of character you'd like to join.

Here!. And anyone is welcome!
Last edited by Red on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
OOC Player

Re: I always type 'Salmon'

Postby twufoo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:00 am

Mentoring Lola y/y????

Maybe some etiquette or acting lessons or... IDK something that'll bring out the contrast between them

Also comedic situations seem to follow Shazad around. He probably gets blamed for any tentacle-related growths around the office
Twu's Twerkshop
All my characters, trackers, and things.
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Postby Red » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 am

Yes!! I do see you just had a thread with Mac/Lola with an 'in the field gotta blend in' thing - would you rather do something else? Otherwise I may have an idea I could just start right now if you want!
OOC Player

Postby Mac » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am

Um HI!

Meet Reggie Malone. He's a retired soldier (Vietnam and both Wizarding Wars). It could be interesting to do a past thread with them as I'm sure their paths have crossed often. Also, there are similarly aged and both living more boring lives than in their youth. They could be good commiserating buddies.

His daughter Peggy is also a Witch Watcher and she probably admires Salome a lot. One, because she's a female badass. Two, Peggy is half middle-eastern (Iraqi) and does not have a lot of role models to look up to in that regard.
OOC Player
Department of Chicken Nuggets
Taste Tester

Postby Red » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:52 am

@Mac Let's do it!!! I love the Salome/Peggy angle, and that's fairly easy to premise - something at work maybe? As for Reggie, I agree it could be super fun. Maybe Salome at he crossed paths in the First Wizarding War at some point and they stayed cordial from there?
OOC Player

Return to Roleplay Requests