• Administrator

Hosting Watchalongs

Group plotting, plot organization, active events, and resources for big events all go here.

Hosting Watchalongs

Postby twufoo » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Anyone can host an IC or OOC Watchalong!

So far, the easiest way we've found to do this is for the host to sign up for a rabbit room: https://rabb.it/

Once you're signed up, you can use the rabbit room to share any website/live streaming with others. This means you should have a way to provide whatever movie you want to watch, either through Netflix Instant, Amazon, Hulu, renting live streaming videos, etc. Usually, I just cough up the $3 or whatever it costs to rent something on Amazon. Check prices and availability before posting your watchalong!

Post the thread for your watchalong, give people the link to your rabbit room when it's time, and you're good to go! It helps to give people the exact date and time of it a few days in advance. You can chat in the rabbit room or in the Events tab in chat here.

If you'd like to post the transcript of any IC watchalong after it's done, you can do that here: http://www.theministryrpg.com/viewforum.php?f=121

The host of the rabbit room should be able to copy & paste the chat log* into a doc (double check this though). I like to use a simple find & replace all to do my formatting.

*Since this doc was written, rabbit have changed the format of chat logs so they come out backwards when copied from the room chats, so it's probably better to use the events tab here on the site or skype if you're planning to post the logs.
Twu's Twerkshop
All my characters, trackers, and things.
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Return to Events & Group Plotting