• Administrator

[Active] The Honeypot Horror Plot

Group plotting, plot organization, active events, and resources for big events all go here.

[Active] The Honeypot Horror Plot

Postby twufoo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:38 pm

THE HONEYPOT
HORROR PLOT

IN PROGRESS

While visiting Hogsmeade village, some students found special golden Easter Eggs filled with delicious honey drop candies and an all expenses paid vacation package to the secluded Honeypot Isle. It is known for its relaxing natural beauty, its strange locals, and the many delicious barrels of honey and honey-related products it produces.

The students will be staying at the Seaside Manor Hotel, located on a bluff that overlooks a small beach and a spectacular view of the sea. This hotel was once the home of the eccentric necromancer, Cantankerous Finch, who died on its grounds along with his family several decades ago. After the next few owners tragically died, rumors spread of the grounds being cursed, and it went abandoned for several decades.

Thankfully, the manor was purchased by new owners who diligently cleansed, purged, and restored it to its former glory. It is now a popular tourist spot, and there have been no incidents there for several years. So obviously nothing will go wrong here.

STRUCTURE

This plot will be run mostly using the Sudden Death shop. For details on the structure and expectations, visit the shop.

PROLOGUE - Setup Montage

ACT 1: Intro Vignettes

TILT: The "Here Go Hell Come" Montage
    10 days

ACT 2: Action Vignettes
    30-45 days (2-3 vignettes, 15 days/vignette)

AFTERMATH: Epilogue Montage
    10 days

(Note: This timeline may be subject to change, depending on how I feel about the pacing & how everyone's doing. The total run time is expected to be approximately 3-4 months IRL.)

Everyone will move through their vignettes on the same timeline. If you finish your vignette early, you may start a new vignette in the same thread but it must be closed in time to start the next vignette when everyone else starts. If you do not finish your vignette with your partner, I will write up a quick resolution to it when time is up.

Note that these vignette threads are paced out so that each player writes 1-2 replies per day. Obviously, there are days where you might not be able to write that much, but that's the average goal we're shooting for.

Because of the tight time windows on each vignette, if you do not respond to your thread for 7 days or more, your partner may tap someone else to join the thread and resolve the premise however they choose.

SIGN-UPS

You may sign up ONE character for this plot. They must be a Hogwarts student, preferably between 15-18 years old. You can make a new character for this plot if you don't have someone that fits.

WARNING: There is a VERY GOOD CHANCE they will DIE, be DISMEMBERED or SOMETHING TERRIBLE.

Reply to this thread with your character's name & link to sign them up. You may change which character you want to sign up at any time before we start.

CHARACTERS

Hurry up and plot with these mofos before they die(?)

Brock Morgan
Dottie Kang
Kelsey Carstairs
Emily Menon
Mary Parker
Tripp Bowness
Fitz Preston
Matías Illaspa

For reference - Hogwarts plotting thread

#SuddenDeath #HoneypotHorror
Twu's Twerkshop
All my characters, trackers, and things.
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Re: The Honeypot Isle Horror Show

Postby twufoo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Spoiler: map show

Honeypot Isle

Feelwood Forest
    Untamed forest covers the eastern end of the island. Feelwood forest is a place of incredible natural beauty with old, twisting trees, lush growth, and multiple trails along the cliffs and beach that offer spectacular views of the surrounding areas. A wide variety of magical beasts live in the deeper sections of the forest where the growth is more dense and people are rare.

Waxenrod Fields
    Waxenrod fields is named after the large cylindrical apiaries that are located all throughout the field. All these bee farms are surrounded by plots of flowers, and the area is striking for the brilliantly colored blossoms that blanket the fields year round. Also bees. Lots of them.

Sweetree Village
    The one and only village of Honeypot Isle has the feel of an Amish paradise. While most of the locals are a bit strange and insular, the ones that run the places that tourists might go to--the general store and the other little shops and restaurants--seem friendly enough.

Seaside Hotel
    A grand, gothic building with brilliant white walls and a blood red roof, this hotel is located on a bluff that overlooks a spectacular view of the sea. There's a sheer drop off the side of the hotel into the ocean, but a pathway and wooden bridge leads down to a small beach nearby. The hotel was once the home of the eccentric necromancer, Cantankerous Finch, who died on its grounds along with his family several decades ago. Although the hotel went abandoned for many years, it has since been restored to its former glory.

Bumble Beach
    This area has multiple small, intimate beaches. The waters surrounding the beaches are a bit unpredictable, which certain areas often developing strong riptides. However, the beach closest to the hotel is shielded from some of the stronger currents, and the waters are generally calm and safe for swimming. The beach has many sand dunes that slope gently towards the shore.

Mount Ever-Rest
    This cemetery is located on the top of a high mountain that offers a spectacular view of the island around it. Upon flying into the island, a standing stone circle is visible next to this cemetery. It is considered a sacred place for the locals, and outsiders are expressly forbidden from entering it.

Hiveland Isle

The island to the north of Honeypot is completely uninhabited. It is covered with dense forest and is said to have more aggressive wildlife. The forest always seems to be covered with fog on this island.
Twu's Twerkshop
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Postby twufoo » Tue May 02, 2017 10:30 am

since I had the idea to do Twilight watchalongsfor our teens (and it seems like we could use some more time to develop them), I'm moving the start date again:

currently planning on JUNE 1, 2017
Twu's Twerkshop
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Postby twufoo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:33 am

WOW it's june 1 already

I'm going to need a few more days to get this together lol. I'm thinking I can get everything up after the weekend, sooo June 5 or June 6 should be good for the actual starting date. Sorry for the delay!
Twu's Twerkshop
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Postby twufoo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:49 am

THIS HAS BEGUN!

I've updated this thread with some information about the islands
Twu's Twerkshop
OOC Administrator
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cedric Diggory's Pants
Sparkledick

Return to Events & Group Plotting